X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stream
    http://www.justin.tv/tvseba7

Comment

If Alleyne Francique doesn't retire last year because injuries, Grenada could have a competitive 4x400 relay. At least to make finals in London 2012.

Comment

James has two more years as a junior. He'll be 19 in London 2012 but turns 20 that September.

Bolt ran 20.13 / 45.35 during his equivalent season.

Merritt ran 21.33 / 47.90 progressing to 20.72 / 45.25 next year and 20.38 / 44.66 his final year as a junior and 20.10 / 44.14 his first year as a senior before eventually sub 20 and sub 44 age 20/21.

Thinking of recent Olympic Champions:

1988 Steve Lewis 43.87 age 19
        1992 Qunicy Watts 43.50 age 22
        1996 Michael Johnson 43.49 age 28
        2000 Michael Johnson 43.84 age 33
        2004 Jeremy Wariner 44.00 age 20
        2008 LaShawn Merritt 43.75 age 22

2016 is a long way away for somebody who holds the world age bests for a 14 and 15 year old.

Wariner ran 45.13 at 19 and dropped to 44.00 to win gold the next year.
        Lewis ran 45.68 in March at 18 and dropped to 43.87 the same season.

But:

Obea Moore ran 45.14 at 16 and that was it.
        Darrell Robinson ran 44.69 AJR at 19 and only ever improved to 44.45.

I already asked this on another board but will float the idea here too: Is it within the realms of possibility for Kirani James to make the final in Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
          Originally posted by Powell
          There is an Andreas Duplantis competing for Sweden in the PV. It may be a long shot, but... any relation to Greg?
          I found the answer myself. The thing that got me wondering was the national allegiance, but it turns out Mrs. Duplantis is a Swede, so I guess the kids have dual citizenship.
          Andreas out in q round with a 4.70m performance. It took 4.80m to make the final. Still not bad for a 16 yr old in his first international comp.

Comment

Dakota - I don't think so. James ran 45.15 the final after jogging through early rounds of 48.25 and 46.43. He's gonna have to run much faster than that in the quarters and semis and I don't know if three hard 400s (as opposed to two jogs and a final) will be possible for him. I think he can make the top 16 though.

Comment

after having lived thru william reed, there's no guarantee any 16 year old becomes a stud...

of course, we have usain bolt to counter that....

Comment

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've never seen anything like it!
                Johan Rogestedt swedish 16 year old wins the 800m! PB was about 1,5 seconds worse than 7th guy!

A tactical triumph in a race were everybody rushed first 200m Johan had even pace to 54,5 at 400m and was 4th coming into the homestraight and then outran both of the kenyans!!

2 golds 1 silver and 1 bronze...this was really what swedish t&f needed!!

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                  :2 golds 1 silver and 1 bronze...this was really what swedish t&f needed!!
                  Congrats :shock:

Comment

And just when I was resigning myself to the fact that we were falling back
                    to our ``normal'' level after those few glory years... The next we now, we
                    might even see a Swede win at tennis again

Comment

b-800m:
                      http://www.iaaf.org/WYC09/news/newsid=51933.html

Comment

Gideon Mageka - Kenya - 3:37.36
                        15 years old . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                          Gideon Mageka - Kenya - 3:37.36
                          15 years old . . .
                          And won't turn 16 for another 5.5 months!

Comment

Does anyone know where videos would be posted of the world youth races? I already found the 100m final on youtube. I really want to see Kirani in the 2 and 400.. Also the 800 final sounded like a crazy race too.
                            http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

Congrats to Denmark for the amazing Janick Klausen taking silver in the HJ at 2.20 after about 15 jumps to get to that height. How tall is he really 5' 9" ?

Was also very impressed by Canada's and British Columbia's new wonder boy in the HJ - Django Lovett. 17 this month.
                              This guy might be the real deal. Django (yes, his parents are Jazz fans) sets PBs in big meets. 2.15 at the Harrry Jerome meet and now 2.17 in Bressanone for bronze. He's ridiculously springy and still has a year left in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
                                Does anyone know where videos would be posted of the world youth races? I already found the 100m final on youtube. I really want to see Kirani in the 2 and 400.. Also the 800 final sounded like a crazy race too.
                                The World Youth Championships have a video tab (http://www.iaaf.org/wyc09/video/index.html)
                                Fire Impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X