Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Alexandria Anderson?

After a great college/trials season, she scratched from the first two high profile European meets. Hurt? Overextended from the long US season? Something else? Anybody knows?
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

She's on the startlist for Rome this Friday so we'll see.

I too have found it odd that she's scratched out of a Golden League meet and a Super Grand Prix meet in the 100 each time. I've commented on a couple other threads about it but it caught me off guard each time because the lane was left empty with the commentators calling her name and looking down on the track for her.

I personally haven't seen that in the last few years (not saying it hasn't happened, just that I haven't seen it). Usually there's a waitlist for the 100 as high of a profile these meets are and for the lane to just be left open each time just seems odd.

Comment

i thought anderson got hurt in eugene??

Comment

Don't think so. I think you're thinking of Jeter who caught a cramp.

At any rate, looks like Alex scratched from Rome too....this time early enough for them to actually remove her from the startlist though.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

At any rate, looks like Alex scratched from Rome too....this time early enough for them to actually remove her from the startlist though.
          My guess is she is either doing some recovery/base work, or school. All I know is her sexy self need to be on the track

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011

My guess is she is either doing some recovery/base work, or school. All I know is her sexy self need to be on the track
            I'll see if I can find the scope, Greg Foster is my homie. We competed against each other, begining in high school. Of course Alex is from the Chi, she competed against my kids.
            on the road

Comment

So I was correct in that she signed with Foster? What other athletes does he manage?

Comment

Joanna Hayes comes to mind.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/Athlete ... 8_5993.pdf (page 8)

May have answered this myself...as of 2008 he was representing Antwon Hicks and Brandon Johnson.

And it looks like you're right on Hayes, TD...at least as of '07 and '08...

http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/imported/34049.pdf (page 5)

Comment

So I was looking at 2008 and 2007 lists of athlete representation and just forgot to scroll down to find 2009 info:

http://www.iaaf.org/aboutiaaf/structure ... index.html

Comment

Not to be name dropping, but Foster stays 2 house down from my god-parents in STL...............his son is a pretty good HS b-baller.

Comment

Apparently she's in Reims today (Tuesday). Results anyone?

http://www.european-athletics.org/index ... 6&Itemid=2

In women´s 100m Christine Arron will face US sprinters Torri Edwards and Alexandria Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          Originally posted by justblaze1011

I'll see if I can find the scope, Greg Foster is my homie. We competed against each other, begining in high school. Of course Alex is from the Chi, she competed against my kids.
                          Decent long jumper too when she wasn't sprinting... :evil: :lol:

Comment

Good in high school but went backwards when she got to Texas when it comes to the LJ

Comment

Good in high school but went backwards when she got to Texas when it comes to the LJ
                              That's cuz she was concentrating on the sprints too much...not saying I blaming her or the coaching staff considering her success.

Comment

Working...
                              X