6 30 NEVILLE, David USA 44.61 45.49
    7 31 GILLICK, David IRL 44.77 44.77
    8 35 STEFFENSEN, John AUS 44.73 45.35
    9 34 WILLIAMSON, Darold USA 44.27 45.63

Brown 44.81
    Gillick 44.82
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

when's the last big Euro meet where Americans finished 7-8-9?!

1 BROWN, Chris
      BAH
      SB 44.81
      2 GILLICK, David
      IRL
      3 QUOW, Renny
      TRI
      4 STEFFENSEN, John
      AUS
      SB 45.28
      5 CHAMBERS, Ricardo
      JAM
      SB 45.31
      6 KIKAYA, Gary
      COD
      7 NEVILLE, David
      USA
      8 WILLIAMSON, Darold
      USA
      9 TORRANCE, Jamaal
      USA

Comment

Where did these three finish at USATF even without JW (and the most modest USATF in a while).

Comment

I've been talking about and asking this question for over a year now...What is it going to take to turn around the 400m program in Jamaica???? We have not had a real "competitive" 400m runner in years...Ever since the era of Davian Clarke, Roxbert Martin, Michael McDonald, Gregory Haughton, et al, there has not been anyone, to me who has really been a challenging force...The prior mentioned athletes used to hold their own against the US runners, but this new crop has just been dismal in performances...I remember when our 4x400m team used to be so good, we almost always, were guaranteed a medal, even if it's a bronze, NOW, we'll be happy if we even qualify for the finals... Sanjay ayre has been running anywhere from mid 45secs to low 45secs since he was a junior and to me has not really shown any improvements over the years...He has a PB of 44. 92 and has only dipped sub 45 twice...Yes he has won a number of NC's, but that to me is due only to the fact that there has been really no one to challenge him, with the exception of Blackwood... Ricardo is doing his best right now and so too is Dwight Mullings and the rest of the youngins coming up, but for whatever reason, we just can't seem to be competitive enough to be challenging...It's obvious the US has the breeding farm for men 400m, maybe you all need to send some of the potion our way...Is it the coaches, the athletes, what? We produce some pretty decent Junior runners and times and are very competitive at that level, however, since of late, we have not translated to the senior level...
          Anyone with any opinions as to what the problem may be :?
          ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

Tammy I have always wondered the same thing....every year @ penns JA does sooooo well in the 4x4s...Same thing can be said bout 800...

I may be dating myself but i can remember that western hemisphere runners we just get killed in the 100mh...it was always dominated by eastern european runners...now look at it today...i think it comes w/time.

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA
              Tammy I have always wondered the same thing....every year @ penns JA does sooooo well in the 4x4s...Same thing can be said bout 800...

I may be dating myself but i can remember that western hemisphere runners we just get killed in the 100mh...it was always dominated by eastern european runners...now look at it today...i think it comes w/time.
              It's crazy because I can name soooo many athletes from back when I was competing who were killing it in the 400m, who were ALL running mid-high 45secs as juniors(16-19) and then nothing....Davian and company are the exception... It's so heartbreaking though because you wonder, what are we not doing correctly... I can't even say it's the coaches because after high school most get into the US college system and even when they get here it's like they fall off... but for the ones who do stay home and get coached, what are we missing...Come on, share the American secret, you know, we thrive on the rivalry between both countries
              I'm just hoping this new crop of athletes can do something and turn the tides for us...Whatever it is doesn't seem to affect the women, so what is it???
              ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

Tammy (niecy) 8-) ....I think part of it is having somebody/ies, be that break thru guy/s. Once that happens, then there is something to strive for, like it is for the short sprinters in JA.

It may be where everyone else is looking at the next guy to be THE GUY...instead of putting in the work to be THE GUY/S
                on the road

Comment

Some of the second tier Jamaican 100 runners should be running the 400.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
                    Some of the second tier Jamaican 100 runners should be running the 400.
                    Some people say a certain first-tier Jamaican should be doing it, too
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                      Brown 44.81
                      Gillick 44.82
                      Norfolk St ALUM GO CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
                        Originally posted by DCSIGMA

It's crazy because I can name soooo many athletes from back when I was competing who were killing it in the 400m, who were ALL running mid-high 45secs as juniors(16-19) and then nothing....Davian and company are the exception... It's so heartbreaking though because you wonder, what are we not doing correctly... I can't even say it's the coaches because after high school most get into the US college system and even when they get here it's like they fall off... but for the ones who do stay home and get coached, what are we missing...Come on, share the American secret, you know, we thrive on the rivalry between both countries
                        I'm just hoping this new crop of athletes can do something and turn the tides for us...Whatever it is doesn't seem to affect the women, so what is it???
                        You know while growning up and coming of age within this sport, many thought that jamaica was a dominate 400m country. I still remember watching the 1997 NCAA meet on tv when Oklahoma ripped up that 4x400...Davian Clarke while at Miami, Greg Haugton while at George Mason. The list goes on. Jamaica is still a damn good 400m country, they just gotta find guys willing to train for it and be serious about the event.

Comment

Working...
                        X