Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guruof track
    Considering we arent the favorites and the disater of a 4x1 we had last year..........the US should experiment with stretching the zone..........much like LSU/A&M normally do. that may bring them to 37.3territory, can't see them going much fast than that though.
    How would you really be able to practice that given the limited time these guys have together? and full out relay exchanges aint the best option for someone competing individually 1-2 weeks out...

Comment

• Good insight Expert.. Also does anyone know why Asafa doesnt run the 200? I'm sure he could do well in it.. I guess it helps only having to worry about one event.
      http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
        Good insight Expert.. Also does anyone know why Asafa doesnt run the 200? I'm sure he could do well in it.. I guess it helps only having to worry about one event.
        I'd think he simply doesnt like to race in that event, and also has picked up an injury or two i believe racing 200s. His pb is 19.90 I believe as well. Though I think that racing a couple 200s would help him be able to run those rounds.

something I missed in my post last page...

1) go so easy that he comes 2nd in the heats and 2nd in quarter finals and even 2nd in semi finals, just cause he's asafa doesnt mean push it to win your race, you could break the world record 3 straight times and you wont be picking up any hardware if you're not top 3 in the finals...

2) DONT GET INJURED! He hasnt gotten in the required speed work, races , etc. due to injuries... idiotic ones too... slip and fall knee injury... supramaximal bench press = torn pec (still bothering him to this day, lower ROM in that pec)

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
          I'd think he simply doesnt like to race in that event, and also has picked up an injury or two i believe racing 200s. His pb is 19.90 I believe as well. Though I think that racing a couple 200s would help him be able to run those rounds.
          I haven't heard anything about him not liking the 200. But he had multiple injuries racing the 200, and all injuries occurred on the curve. So we won't see him racing a 200 again, nor running the first or third leg of a 4x100. Not unless they find out and fix the problem with his curve-running form or muscular imbalance or whatever else makes him so injury-prone in the 200.

Comment

• He has said he doesn't like the 200m. Said it hurts too much and he fears getting hurt. Ever since that 200m in the Dom Rep in 2005 where he hurt his groin he has been reluctant about the 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by justblaze1011
              Ok so, somebody said that Asafa was closing on Tyson during this race. No wI don't kow what race yall was watching, but if it was this race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0 then yall need new tv's.
              Wasn't no closing, Asafa actually had Tyson slightly coming out of drive phrase, very slightly. Getting into acceleration and top end speed, all Tyson.
              on the road

Comment

• It was the 200m in Yokohama in '07 that put him off the event for good. The video should be on youtube. Something needs to be done about his mechanics, and since that obviously isn't being done he has taken the other route of not running the event at all. A pity, because the 19.90 was by no means an all out run.
                Regards,
                toyracer

Comment

• [quote=justblaze1011]
                  Originally posted by shearer39
                  Originally posted by The Atheist
                  Originally posted by "Paul Henry":2yk0x17a
                  Blake is approximately 5'9", 6' the tallest.
                  Blake is 5'9???

What???

I thought he was like 6'2 or something
                  Sorry, but Asafa is a couple inches taller than I am and Bolt about 5...LOL. I feel like a child whenever I talk to Bolt.
                  Blake is not in their league.
                  And what if Blake medals, then what??? He's in their league or his butt would be starting his freshman year at A&M or somewhere here in the USA probably I guess.[/quote:2yk0x17a]

I think she meant in terms of height. ops:

Comment

• I don't have time to look through this whole many-page thread, so if this is a repeat fact,I apologize, but note that Gay's 9.77 adjusted for wind/altitude is a 9.79, the best American time ever (old was Greene's 9.79 from Athens, which converted to 9.80).

Bolt and Powell each have three times which convert faster than Gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
                      Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                      Originally posted by scratchman
                      If Blake runs the relay, and Powell continues to improve, we (U.S.) got problems. I DEFINITELY think we should use Shawn Crawford. Here's the order:
                      1. Shawn Crawford
                      2. Darvis Patton
                      3. Tyson Gay
                      4. Mike Rodgers

It does not matter what order the US uses, the Jamaican men will own the mens 4 x 100m in Berlin.
                      I would have to disagree with both comments. I think it will be:
                      1. Shawn Crawford
                      2. Mike Rodgers
                      3. Tyson Gay
                      4. Monzavious Edwards

my reasoning for that is that mike is a very good 2nd leg from what I've seen him run this season (Texas relays and Michael Johnson invitational.) Also Edwards is a beast at running people down on the anchor leg.. check out the video of the 4x1 invitational at texas relays so you can see why I chose them at 2 and 4. Also I think that jamacans will possibly break their wr.. but I wouldnt doubt it if us did too. I think it should be a great race as long as they get the stick around.
                      I was at Texas Relays and saw Rae Edwards run that guy down. It was nice, no doubt. But he aint replacing Patton. I doubt it seriously. I could see Rodegers at 2nd. The reason I had him anchoring is bcuz I think we need to give Tyson as much cushion as possible to hold off Bolt and put the 4th in good shape to hold off Powell. Patton has 200 experience and would be good for the long backstretch. I might run Rae in the rounds, tho.

Comment

• There is a great chance that Rae won't be on the final team.

Comment

• Reading through this thread, everyone's picking Crawford for the US relay team.

I'll I can say is, if Crawford's even sniffing the relay with his current 100 meter form we're in major trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Miler
                            Reading through this thread, everyone's picking Crawford for the US relay team.

I'll I can say is, if Crawford's even sniffing the relay with his current 100 meter form we're in major trouble.
                            Once again... crawford is in a training period, he'll be as good/better than trials for sure come berlin.

Comment

Working...
                            X