Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

What time do you think Usain will run in the 100 meters in his Athens race next week?

For simplicity's sake, say what you think his basic time will be. Basic time refers to what the time would be in zero wind at zero elevation.

I think he will run a 9.70-basic because I think he'll have a slow reaction time since he hasn't run many 100's yet this season. I think his reaction time will be about a 0.2 in this race.

If he snaps off a 0.15 reaction time I think he will run a 9.65-basic time for this race. I do not think he will be in 100% perfect 100 meter shape yet in Athens, I think he'll still have a little 100m training left before Berlin, where he'll go even faster.

What do you think he will run?

WR
    Afrikan

Comment

rain?

Comment

According to the weather report, this whole next week is supposed to be clear, hot, and sunny in Athens.

Next friday is forecast as clear skies and 87 degree high for the day. Wind is forecast as 20mph NNW.

So if the track is facing NNW then that's an 8.9m/s headwind, or if the track is facing SSW then it's a 8.9m/s tailwind, and if it's not facing in either of those directions, then who knows.

Sounds like its going to be sunny, hot and windy! If that wind is pushing at his back, he should be able to set an all-conditions record by an insanely huge margin. Imagine an 8.9 m/s tailwind lol. For Usain Bolt. In warm, clear weather. I checked on the conversion calculator, and a 9.40 run with an 8.9m/s tailwind and 110m of altitude and it yielded a basic-time of 9.65. So if he gets an 8.9m/s tailwind and dips through the line, I could see him setting an all conditions record of 9.39 seconds! Lol! That's so fast!

(In reality I think the track is partially inclosed from the wind, so the real winds will probably only be 2 or 3 m/s or something, so he'll probably be running in the 9.5-9.7 range depending on the direction of the wind.

Comment

Meanwhile in the real world. Bolt isn't running in Athens!
          He's running in Paris which has a (very) slow track - remember 2003 WC.

Comment

Wait a minute...

I've fucked this up, haven't I...

Comment

He's gonna run 7.77 while only running the first 10m hard and all out, shut it down at 11m, send a twitter message 50m, update his facebook status at 60m, holla at the chick with the Beyonce booty in the third row at 70m, letting her know that "a long time he ole gallas" pass gas at 80m, do the peppa seed dance at 90m, forgets his beeper, turn back around, go back to the starting line, get the beeper, catch the field while doing Beenie Man's world dance and set a the world record!!!

There you have it!!!

Oh, we can't forget the "basic time"...not what he actually ran and what came up on the clock, but the time he would of ran if that damn thing no one has control of called wind doesn't play a role. All this only to realize that he's not running in Greece!!!

LOL :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                lol, i was gonna ask if he was running here, but i guessed the atheist knew

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                  The track isn't slow, the runners just ran bad there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                    He's gonna run 7.77 while only running the first 10m hard and all out, shut it down at 11m, send a twitter message 50m, update his facebook status at 60m, holla at the chick with the Beyonce booty in the third row at 70m, letting her know that "a long time he ole gallas" pass gas at 80m, do the peppa seed dance at 90m, forgets his beeper, turn back around, go back to the starting line, get the beeper, catch the field while doing Beenie Man's world dance and set a the world record!!!

There you have it!!!

Oh, we can't forget the "basic time"...not what he actually ran and what came up on the clock, but the time he would of ran if that damn thing no one has control of called wind doesn't play a role. All this only to realize that he's not running in Greece!!!

rofl

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011

There you have it!!!

The scary thing is, he could probably do the things you described and beat me, like me the person who is writing this right now, in a 100m race, lol!

But yea, I agree he is gonna go pretty fast.

It's a shame it isn't gonna be in Athens though ops: ops: ops: I got a little confused.

Comment

Bolt is supposed to run in Paris not Athens :?:

Comment

Well, hopefully if Usain Bolt saw my thread before I edited the title, he will have been tricked into thinking that he is actually scheduled to run in Athens, and then when he shows up at the track in Athens, of course they won't be able to turn him down, and he can run there instead! Nice job me!

Comment

LOL he'll prolly run a 9.78 :lol:

He should save that "9.69 sideways chest slapping run" for the Berlin finals...

Comment

Re: What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Originally posted by The Atheist

I think he will run a 9.70-basic because I think he'll have a slow reaction time [...]

If he snaps off a 0.15 reaction time I think he will run a 9.65-basic time for this race. [...]
                              Do I even need to write a comment to these quotes?

(Yes, it could theoretically happen; however, it would be proof
                              of greater ability than even he has yet demonstrated. Considering
                              that he has yet to run a serious 100m this year, being that fast
                              now would imply a Berlin time that is otherworldly---even when
                              compared to Beijing.)

Comment

Working...
                              X