Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Bolt running as fast as he did last year is simple. He was much stronger than he was in previous years. You increase his strength, his speed will come right along with it.
    Ya he improved his elastic power as well as his max. strength, and the result of this increased training focus allowed for a greater level of muscle stiffness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
      track expert.

I mentioned mitochondria as a point of you can't say for certain what is going on with his muscle fibers.

What you just stated in the post, again is speculation, of course when someone does all that you described, they should experience success, not refuting that. But again you cannot say for certain that is why it happened, again Bolt isn't the only sprinter doing those things you mentioned and you want me to believe he just started doing that prior to his perfomance in 2008?

You can attempt to articulate all you want, why you THINK he was and now is able to run 41 strides over 100m. Again that would be your take on it, again I don't KNOW why he is able to achieve the 41 strides, I could attribute it to many things, some of what you mentioned, but again no one knows for certain or do they?
      These might help you
      http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-41xfXoptI
      20201.jpg

Comment

• 9.80 unless there's a ridiculous wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by euan Track Guru
          Originally posted by Speedfirst
          track expert.

I mentioned mitochondria as a point of you can't say for certain what is going on with his muscle fibers.

What you just stated in the post, again is speculation, of course when someone does all that you described, they should experience success, not refuting that. But again you cannot say for certain that is why it happened, again Bolt isn't the only sprinter doing those things you mentioned and you want me to believe he just started doing that prior to his perfomance in 2008?

You can attempt to articulate all you want, why you THINK he was and now is able to run 41 strides over 100m. Again that would be your take on it, again I don't KNOW why he is able to achieve the 41 strides, I could attribute it to many things, some of what you mentioned, but again no one knows for certain or do they?
          These might help you

All due respect, I don't need any help, again what has been stated about Bolt's improvement, is by and large speculation. Again no one KNOWS what has been THE reason for the improvement. You can post all the links, articles all you want.

Even as a coach, you put together a program with the hopes it will work. Even Mills said he worked on speed, well that means many things. What about the other athletes Mills trains?
          on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Originally posted by euan Track Guru
            track expert.

These might help you

All due respect, I don't need any help, again what has been stated about Bolt's improvement, is by and large speculation. Again no one KNOWS what has been THE reason for the improvement. You can post all the links, articles all you want.

Even as a coach, you put together a program with the hopes it will work. Even Mills said he worked on speed, well that means many things. What about the other athletes Mills trains?
            Blake's shown a lot of improvement this year. And looking at different athletes, its who responds to what, you dont do the same workouts for everyone.

Comment

• [quote=track_expert]
              Originally posted by euan Track Guru":2sic6jqo][quote=Speedfirst]track expert.

You can attempt to articulate all you want, why you THINK he was and now is able to run 41 strides over 100m. Again that would be your take on it, again I don't KNOW why he is able to achieve the 41 strides, I could attribute it to many things, some of what you mentioned, but again no one knows for certain or do they?[/quote]

These might help you
              [url="http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080615/sports/sports2.html
              http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts2.html[/url]

Blake's shown a lot of improvement this year. And looking at different athletes, its who responds to what, you dont do the same workouts for everyone.[/quote:2sic6jqo]

Tell me something I don't know, I have been involved in the sport as an athlete, coach, for 38 years and counting on every level.

If you, as well as others want to feel you KNOW why Bolt performed like he did, more power to you. I am not suggesting that Bolt didn't train, didn't do what Mills prescribed for him to do. But all this, he didn't do this and didn't do that prior to 2008, I ain't buying that. To even perform at whatever level he performed on at the elite level prior to 2008, he had to train for that, he had to have a certain mindset as well.
              on the road

Comment

• What is the fastest time ever run on that Paris track?

Comment

• Originally posted by rudeboy
                  What is the fastest time ever run on that Paris track?
                  9.85 by powell not sure though

Comment

• Consequently, with technicalities considered, Mr. Montgomery's 9.78s has been the speediest time captured on the Paris track.
                    Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
                      Consequently, with technicalities considered, Mr. Montgomery's 9.78s has been the speediest time captured on the Paris track.
                      Considering a 0.104 reaction and 2mps wind, his run was about a 9.88-9.90 for a "good" race in terms of wind/start and given 0 wind and a average reaction would be 10.00.
                      Paris isnt a fast track, and relatively slow but good enough for a 9.7x for Bolt.

Comment

• If Paris was fast enough for Dwain Chambers to run 9.87, even with +2.0 wind, it can't be that slow as I don't think he bettered 9.94 anywhere else.

I'm going to guess at 9.73 basic for Usain after that scary, scary Lausanne run.

Comment

• I wouldnt have any concern over how fast Paris is, because as far as Bolt is concerned... running a incredibly fast time in Paris is definitely not neccesary and in fact running a mid to low 9.7x at best is the best for him in this situation, I wouldnt push his capacity right now at all.

Comment

• If the weather is good I see a 9.71. With a wind at his back I think he will lower teh world record by a couple hundredths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tempo
                              If the weather is good I see a 9.71. With a wind at his back I think he will lower teh world record by a couple hundredths.
                              I hope he doesnt break any world records in paris!!

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
                                Originally posted by Tempo
                                If the weather is good I see a 9.71. With a wind at his back I think he will lower teh world record by a couple hundredths.
                                I hope he doesnt break any world records in paris!!
                                why, it will only mean he is on better pace than last year

Comment

Working...
                                X