Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will run 9.68! I feel it

Comment

Under no circumstance will be allowing his body to move from start to finish in more than 9.77 seconds.

Comment

Bailey
        Bolt
        Burns
        Collins
        Martina
        Mbandjock
        Thompson

Certainly a potentially good field, but given recent form it wont be. Under 9.9 or even 9.95 for anyone else seems unlikely. In theory it is possible for Bolt to break the record before a WC peak, but given the field he is running against, and the fact that his times so far are not as close as they were last year to PR/WR (his 9.74 before NY vs Tyson), it won't happen. I am predicting 9.78 basic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
          So if he gets an 8.9m/s tailwind and dips through the line, I could see him setting an all conditions record of 9.39 seconds! Lol! That's so fast!
          Let's pretend for a moment that your delusional fantasy came true. Bolt would be so injured for Berlin from the shock his body receives running that quickly that he wouldn't make it through four rounds.

Comment

Lol, yea I guess

Comment

9.75 basic

Comment

Re: What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Originally posted by JRM
                Originally posted by Gordon18
                he ran the 19.59 very hard, no doubt, but in the 19.67 he kinda lost form near the end and dipped, whereas he just ran through, also considering the conditions. i probably should have said it was a better race, but you get what im trying to say
                No, I actually didn't get that impression from your post. There's a difference between an "easy" race and a "hard" one. There seems to be a growing attitude on these boards that every one of Bolt's races is "easy", or a "jog", etc... The faster he goes, the less effort he puts out. That's rather disingenuous.
                Bolt race of 19.67 before Beijings, look much more intense than the race he ran in Lausanne last week.

Watch those two videos again on Youtube, and maybe you will notice that the 19.59 he did in Lausanne in rain 2009, he looked more relax compare to the 19.67 race in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                  In Paris, Bolt will....

Injury DNF.

Like I said in that other thread about Gay's Rome 9.77, Bolt has never gone 2 full consecutive injury-free seasons since he was young teen. He's now at 1.5 years and counting so the odds and history are against him. It's only a matter of when; this week, this month...?? OR can he go into unprecedented territory for his own body??
                  What about 2007 & 2008 ? That seems like 2 consecutive seasons to me in which he was injury free. Secondly you need to answer the question posed to you about why he was injury prone.
                  20201.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                    He's gonna run 7.77 while only running the first 10m hard and all out, shut it down at 11m, send a twitter message 50m, update his facebook status at 60m, holla at the chick with the Beyonce booty in the third row at 70m, letting her know that "a long time he ole gallas" pass gas at 80m, do the peppa seed dance at 90m, forgets his beeper, turn back around, go back to the starting line, get the beeper, catch the field while doing Beenie Man's world dance and set a the world record!!!

There you have it!!!

Oh, we can't forget the "basic time"...not what he actually ran and what came up on the clock, but the time he would of ran if that damn thing no one has control of called wind doesn't play a role. All this only to realize that he's not running in Greece!!!

LOL :lol:
                    Hahahahahaha..... :lol: :lol:
                    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                      Bailey
                      Bolt
                      Burns
                      Collins
                      Martina
                      Mbandjock
                      Thompson

Certainly a potentially good field, but given recent form it wont be. Under 9.9 or even 9.95 for anyone else seems unlikely. In theory it is possible for Bolt to break the record before a WC peak, but given the field he is running against, and the fact that his times so far are not as close as they were last year to PR/WR (his 9.74 before NY vs Tyson), it won't happen. I am predicting 9.78 basic.

Right now Bolt is in sub 9.70 shape!! Once he decides to test where he's at over 100m and go full out, that world record of 9.69 will go out the window. He's in 19.30s 200m shape as am writing this right now.

In Paris, if weather is good, I really think he should go full out and test his technique and form from start to finish, because his last schedule 100m is in London...that have a history for having rain forecast!!

Finally, I can't stop saying Bolt don't need anyone to be breathing down his back to break his world records! If he decides to run full out ...those records will be gone.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprise of a 9.64 in Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by euan Track Guru
                        What about 2007 & 2008 ? That seems like 2 consecutive seasons to me in which he was injury free. Secondly you need to answer the question posed to you about why he was injury prone.
                        What happened with the 26.27s (seventh place) in Athens? Bolt was considerably touched last season when Powell and Gay went down with injuries. Bolt considered himself a prime target for the injury plague.
                        Fire Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
                          According to the weather report, this whole next week is supposed to be clear, hot, and sunny in Athens.

Next friday is forecast as clear skies and 87 degree high for the day. Wind is forecast as 20mph NNW.

So if the track is facing NNW then that's an 8.9m/s headwind, or if the track is facing SSW then it's a 8.9m/s tailwind, and if it's not facing in either of those directions, then who knows.

Sounds like its going to be sunny, hot and windy! If that wind is pushing at his back, he should be able to set an all-conditions record by an insanely huge margin. Imagine an 8.9 m/s tailwind lol. For Usain Bolt. In warm, clear weather. I checked on the conversion calculator, and a 9.40 run with an 8.9m/s tailwind and 110m of altitude and it yielded a basic-time of 9.65. So if he gets an 8.9m/s tailwind and dips through the line, I could see him setting an all conditions record of 9.39 seconds! Lol! That's so fast!

(In reality I think the track is partially inclosed from the wind, so the real winds will probably only be 2 or 3 m/s or something, so he'll probably be running in the 9.5-9.7 range depending on the direction of the wind.
                          a 8m tailwind wouldnt be consistent... and even if it was bolt should say farewell to the season if he runs a supramaximal wind aided race because the sudden stress would cause an injury for sure (remember tyson at 08 trials? 9.68w?)

anyway yes thats for athens...

Comment

I hope he cruises a fast time, i don't want to be robbed of Gay vs Bolt vs Asafa at Berlin. Gay and Bolt are both in amazing form and i'm still hoping Asafa can pull it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by euan Track Guru
                              Originally posted by richxx87
                              In Paris, Bolt will....

Injury DNF.

Like I said in that other thread about Gay's Rome 9.77, Bolt has never gone 2 full consecutive injury-free seasons since he was young teen. He's now at 1.5 years and counting so the odds and history are against him. It's only a matter of when; this week, this month...?? OR can he go into unprecedented territory for his own body??

I'm waiting for that person answer too!! Maybe that person is doing research.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                Originally posted by The Captain
                                Meanwhile in the real world. Bolt isn't running in Athens!
                                He's running in Paris which has a (very) slow track - remember 2003 WC.
                                The track isn't slow, the runners just ran bad there!!!
                                no the track is relatively slow, if bolt runs low 9.7 now, he WILL sub 9.6 in berlin (provided a resurfaced track)

Comment

Working...
                                X