Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Usain Bolt's 100m time be in France next week?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome Marrow
    replied
    [quote=Speedfirst]
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by "track_expert":2iisj49b
    A 9.8 for him has the same stress a 10.0 has on a consistent 9.8 guy. Bolt performing at maximum capacity, then coming back and running another very fast time a week later AND another equally if not faster relay leg the next day while in the middle of 200m prep. ! isnt the absolute best way to go.
    Is this the case in all regards? I would think that, even though he is capable of running 9.60, the stress on the connective tissue etc would be similar. It is such stress that keeps the 2.45 HJ apparently at the limit of what is feasible.
    I am talking about the CNS, not muscular system.
    Do you really wanna get into a CNS discussion, that area, is so gray it ain't funny[/quote:2iisj49b]

Thank you. Funny he says he doesn't want to talk about the "muscular system" (or endocrine system or a variety of other systems I guess), when he forgets all this shit is interconnected. I stab you in your biceps femoris, it isn't just the muscle that is going to have problems and be on alert!

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    [quote=track_expert]
    Originally posted by "track_expert":2ec2nr05
    A 9.8 for him has the same stress a 10.0 has on a consistent 9.8 guy. Bolt performing at maximum capacity, then coming back and running another very fast time a week later AND another equally if not faster relay leg the next day while in the middle of 200m prep. ! isnt the absolute best way to go.
    Is this the case in all regards? I would think that, even though he is capable of running 9.60, the stress on the connective tissue etc would be similar. It is such stress that keeps the 2.45 HJ apparently at the limit of what is feasible.
    I am talking about the CNS, not muscular system.[/quote:2ec2nr05]

Do you really wanna get into a CNS discussion, that area, is so gray it ain't funny

Leave a comment:

• Jerome Marrow
    replied
    [quote=track_expert]
    Originally posted by "track_expert":u9br2h2l
    I am talking about the CNS, not muscular system.[/quote:u9br2h2l]

You're a fucking retard.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    I am talking about the CNS, not muscular system.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    I world record, will notthave much affect on BOLT physically. He is schedule to run next week in London, and we all know that London is prone to raining days. I rather him to take advantage of the nice weather if it's there in Paris rather than waiting until his last 100m before go full out to see where his technique is at. I personally think at this stage he is in sub 9.70 form in 100m.
    Are you qualified to say this and do you have experience with athletes running world records then running once again soon?
    I didnt say hold back, I simply said a world record isnt in his best interest. He should be relaxed and execute a strong technical race, all he needs to worry about.
    Are you qualified? From what I see from Bolt, he doesn't get affect from running fast times. This guy body is not even push at the max yet. running about 9.60's will not affect him. Am i'm saying this because I witness, this guy running 9.69 joking around, and that was about 2 hrs after running another 100m in 9.86 jogging, when other guys looked like a woman in pain giving birth!!!

And you have proven my point, his capacity would allow a WR now (9.79 -0.2) but in beijing when he set the world record, he clearly wasnt going at max. capacity given the wind was 0mps and 3 straight 0.82 splits point out he never reached a 100% max.V!

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    I world record, will notthave much affect on BOLT physically. He is schedule to run next week in London, and we all know that London is prone to raining days. I rather him to take advantage of the nice weather if it's there in Paris rather than waiting until his last 100m before go full out to see where his technique is at. I personally think at this stage he is in sub 9.70 form in 100m.
    Are you qualified to say this and do you have experience with athletes running world records then running once again soon?
    I didnt say hold back, I simply said a world record isnt in his best interest. He should be relaxed and execute a strong technical race, all he needs to worry about.
    Are you qualified? From what I see from Bolt, he doesn't get affect from running fast times. This guy body is not even push at the max yet. running about 9.60's will not affect him. Am i'm saying this because I witness, this guy running 9.69 joking around, and that was about 2 hrs after running another 100m in 9.86 jogging, when other guys looked like a woman in pain giving birth!!!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Cool, windy, rainy (but maybe finished by evening. Good weather was yesterday there, not today. I hope that H-Z will be good tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Please...stop you bull crap!! Because that all it is..BULL CRAP!! It's ok for GAY to be running fast but not BOLT (who at 17yrs ran 19.93)!! Not even the guy (Johnson) who ran 19.32 , run that time so young. Used your energy on something positive.
    Don't pop a vein, chill.....Bolt has gotten all his propers, it's okay for Tyson, Asafa, MIke, Usain, Thompson and others to run fast.

LOL..I'm far from that, and I'm calm before a storm!! Today 7-17-09, I could be on the verge of witnessing a new World Record in the Men's 100m.
    If you say so :wink:

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Mr. Bolt has, without elaborating or being specific, promised something if the weather is cooperative.
    There's always the promises, he'll go out good but im not sure the paris track is going to cooperate with his promising.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Now back to the the reason for this thread... anyone know the weather forecast for today's Paris GL? I'm hoping its nice today, because I might just be witnessing a new world record. I say 9.63 is in the works today.

Can't wait for meet to start!!
    Not a good idea if he breaks any world records here like i said.
    Why is it not. I think he's going to run full out. He needs to fine tune his race, and he should working on is race from start to finish. In london...it's rainy over there sometimes, so if the weather is good in Paris, the most logical thing is to run full out so, he can get a good analysis of is technique etc.
    He will go full out and im not saying he should hold back at all, just saying if the end result is a world record (which more than likely wont be), its not in his best interest simply because of too strong of a stimulus, and he has another one in London AND a relay leg (another super strong stimulus) the day after the 100. Leaves little room for recovery in between a incredible supramaximal speed and more strong stimulus in London which will have taxed his CNS more than enough, with such little time before Berlin.
    A low to mid 9.7x stimulus at best seems to be good for him at this point, though I dont see any incredible times being run at that track anyway...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mr. Bolt has, without elaborating or being specific, promised something if the weather is cooperative.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Please...stop you bull crap!! Because that all it is..BULL CRAP!! It's ok for GAY to be running fast but not BOLT (who at 17yrs ran 19.93)!! Not even the guy (Johnson) who ran 19.32 , run that time so young. Used your energy on something positive.
    Don't pop a vein, chill.....Bolt has gotten all his propers, it's okay for Tyson, Asafa, MIke, Usain, Thompson and others to run fast.

LOL..I'm far from that, and I'm calm before a storm!! Today 7-17-09, I could be on the verge of witnessing a new World Record in the Men's 100m.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X