Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two trainers: the head one at the finish line, one assistant at the start line.

Comment

Ok, simple enough but that is pretty labor intensive. I guess it is fortunate we did not have to contend with 1500 split timing sixty years ago when we only had one coach and no trainers for a fifty man track team.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        Ok, simple enough but that is pretty labor intensive. I guess it is fortunate we did not have to contend with 1500 split timing sixty years ago when we only had one coach and no trainers for a fifty man track team.
        Assuming you are talking about HS or College, I am pretty sure there were plenty of "student managers" around who would gather split information.

This didn't have to be paid labor.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Originally posted by Taliban
          US Distance runners are non existent overseas. When they attend Grand Prix or Golden League meets they run timidly and shy from the pace.
          You've officially mixed up distance runners with the actual topic of 1.500m runners. Last I recall watching, Tegenkamp and Solinsky were toughing it out near the front in big Euro meets the past couple of years (specifically at 3.000m).
          Talking about this season.
          Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
            And they give the HS guys a hard time because they completely eliminate this problem by running the 1600 instead of the 1500. Tell me which group is 'smarter' in this regard?

Comment

Working...
            X