Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you can say "except for Gay", shearer.

Gay is huge in this scenario and whether people acknowledge it or not...he's running fast enough that he has to be considered a threat to win.

Certainly he should medal.

Don't forget like Smoke said, Doc hasnt run.

I think the US was disqualified in both relays so its hard to say what would have happened.

But Jamaica was indeed spectacular and you cant take their WR from them.

Also, I'm not sure you can claim the entire Caribbean at this point as that makes your argument one of convenience.

Also, I dont believe for a minute that we've seen the last of the US women. You dont think Felix will medal...if not win? It also looks like Hooker who hasnt run yet in Europe also has a chance to medal. And Muna WILL medal. Watch.

Remember...Stewart nor Fraser are in the 200.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Felix is a gold medal contender and Fraser is running the 200m. She was second behind VCB at the Jamaican trials.

Comment

Hang on, youstarted out the comparison to Jamaica, when TD proved that theory to be irrelevant.........you then encompassed the Carib sprinters.

Make no mistake US is STILL dominant. Didn't we medal in ALL the sprints/hurdle events on the men side........including sweeping 2 separate events.

I KNOW you guys EXPECT the US to ALWAYS be dominate by sweeping all the sprint events, but thats foley talk.

Then you say outside of Gay..........how about tellin us outside of Bolt what the men from Jamaica accomplished at last years Olympics.

As for the women........well Jamaica dominated. No arguements from me there.

Comment

Muna may well medal but not in the 100m. Who is she gonna beat, Fraser (10.88 -1.5m/s), Stewart 10.75 or VCB? Having said that she could very much medal in the 200m, especially since Stewart is not contesting it.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
            Hang on, youstarted out the comparison to Jamaica, when TD proved that theory to be irrelevant.........you then encompassed the Carib sprinters.

Make no mistake US is STILL dominant. Didn't we medal in ALL the sprints/hurdle events on the men side........including sweeping 2 separate events.

I KNOW you guys EXPECT the US to ALWAYS be dominate by sweeping all the sprint events, but thats foley talk.

Then you say outside of Gay..........how about tellin us outside of Bolt what the men from Jamaica accomplished at last years Olympics.

You are now taking from a broader sample. I was referring to last year and a similar trend this year. Since Donald Quarrie in '76 Jamaica had not won a gold medal in the short sprints.

Comment

I just want one simple answer. Outside of Bolt, what did the other Jamaican sprinters do in a open event seeing that the term dominate has been thrown around so much. I've asked this question for over a year and the only response I've gotten is your a hater and I'm mad at Jamaica's sucess, even tho I'm not and never have been.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

Man, we been waiting for that answer for almost a year now!!

Comment

Originally posted by shearer39

You are now taking from a broader sample. I was referring to last year and a similar trend this year. Since Donald Quarrie in '76 Jamaica had not won a gold medal in the short sprints.
                  I'm taking from a broader sample??? Its ONLY 8 or 9 lanes to take my sample from.......atleast last time I checked. Last year the American men medaled in ALL the sprint and hurdle events, and the WHOLE world considers that an off year for us. Imagine that, or imagine if anyone else was held to that same standard.

Your arguement so far is incoherent. Its hard for me to follow you when you keep changing the rules of YOUR arguemnts, in mid statements.

Comment

Muna may well medal but not in the 100m. Who is she gonna beat, Fraser (10.88 -1.5m/s), Stewart 10.75 or VCB? Having said that she could very much medal in the 200m, especially since Stewart is not contesting it.
                    Muna has a shot to medal in either (both) race(s), as does VCB and Fraser. Don't forget...if we knew the outcome aforehand we wouldnt need to run the meet.

Also...

The way athletes are performing right now may not be a clear indication of what you'll see in Berlin.

If I remember correctly Shawn Crawford is a perfect example of someone who cruises meets prior to majors, but then turns it up a notch.

No?

Don't you think Crawford has a chance to medal in Berlin? 8-)

Do you believe a Bolt, Gay, Crawford medal stand is out of the question in the deuce?

I don't.

Comment

Felix is a gold medal contender and Fraser is running the 200m. She was second behind VCB at the Jamaican trials.
                      We have a pretty good idea how Muna and VCB will respond to running rounds in both the 100/200 because we've seen them.

But how will Fraser manage both?

Will running rounds in both pull her back closer to the pack?

Yep.

Kerron is the favorite now since she ran that 10.75 and is ONLY focusing on the 100.

Don't be surprised if Fraser decides to just run the 100 come Berlin.

If she runs both, I doubt she'll win either. VCB who's more experienced will probably beat her in both.

And Muna may as well.

Don't be surprised is all I'm saying.

Also Jeter will rebound and she also is only running one event.

Comment

Jam woman are definitely better than the Yanks.

clean sweep of 100, won the 200 and if i remember the Jam was ahead of Richards in the 400.

This year looks like another cleen sweep in the 100, 200 is 70/30 for the to win it in their favour even more so if Stewert was running it, 400 it all depends on Richards again, it hers to lose.

Mens Bolt, Asafa and Gay are the top 3 so 2 out of the 3 are Jams with Bolt the best so jams better over the 100. 200 Bolt the best, america got loads more depth but Asafa could probably medal if he ran it, Gay is definitely a lot further ahead than 3rd place though. 400 is america utterly dominant. 110h ameerica will medal not the gold but they will medal, 400h id say they've got 2 of the medals wrapped up.

I'll tally up predicted medals.

6 for jam woman
                        2 for yank woman
                        3 for jam men(im giving philips a medal in the 400h probably overly generous and Asafa to pull through even in a bad race because the rest are that far behind)
                        6-7for yanks

So overall it's pretty even, if you count relays america win overall and probably more if you count womans 110h, i know very little of womans 110h apart from lolo is injured. So america are about 2-3 medals ahead overall. But if like me you don't care about hurdles Jams are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                          I just want one simple answer. Outside of Bolt, what did the other Jamaican sprinters do in a open event ... I've asked this question for over a year ...
                          I think this is the easiest trivia question I've ever seen on TFN:
                          100 Meters - M Final
                          5th place Asafa Powell - 9.95
                          6th place Michael Frater - 9.97

200 Meters - M Final
                          no other Finalists

400 Meters - M Final
                          no other Finalists

110 Meters Hurdles - M Final
                          6th place Maurice Wignall - 13.46
                          7th place Richard Phillips - 13.60

400 Meters Hurdles - M Final
                          4th place Danny McFarlane - 48.30
                          7th place Markino Buckley - 48.60

Comment

shearer do you live in Tibet on a mountain top? Asafa is not waltzing through a damn thing we have to offer. And Bolt is not cutting deals to cruise through trials. No one cruises through US trials, the pressure alone is taxing.

And no gh it is not rose colored it is about reality. Bolt dominated not Jamaica. Bolt took home 2 golds.
                            And as I said, it has been one week of racing and we have threads about weakness? Please, rae and Doc havent raced, Wallace just left the States, and Tyson has firmly established himself as THE challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                              shearer do you live in Tibet on a mountain top? Asafa is not waltzing through a damn thing we have to offer. And Bolt is not cutting deals to cruise through trials. No one cruises through US trials, the pressure alone is taxing.

And no gh it is not rose colored it is about reality. Bolt dominated not Jamaica. Bolt took home 2 golds.
                              And as I said, it has been one week of racing and we have threads about weakness? Please, rae and Doc havent raced, Wallace just left the States, and Tyson has firmly established himself as THE challenger.
                              Exactly who in the US in last year's trials and this could challenge Bolt? Really now.

Comment

How do you know Bolt would have held up in eight races in the beginning of july when he'd never been put to this task in any considerable size or magnitude before? He lost a one-off to Powell at 100m in Stockholm last season nearly three weeks after the USA champs. Three weeks after that - or nearly six weeks after USA OT - he was able to charge through Beijing.

What assurance are you providing that Bolt would be able to cake-walk through USA OT? If he managed to race to win, would his body have held up for the six or seven weeks between then and Beijing (and beyond) with the commitments he made to Athens, Stockholm and London?

Comment

Working...
                                X