Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Sprinters in Europe Not Setting the World on Fire

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by guruof track
    No one is denying BOLT is a great talent. But outside of Bolt who from Jamaica is going to do anything of significance?
    You still in denial. Also need to go ask HEADS of USTF that question also and hear what they say.

    Comment


    • #47
      I'm in denial? Even though I acknowledge Bolt was the dominant man?!?! Go figure!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
        Originally posted by Kishan Gill
        I grew up in awe of american sprinters, who I watched in front of the tv as a teen. The likes of lattany, calvin smith and carl lewis were a joy to watch.

        But some of you american posters have to swallow your pride, no point denying it, bolt is a phenom, will very likely go down as one of the greatest sprinters of the modern era and their isn't a damn the americans can do about it including gay who I have great respect for.
        Bolt could have gone through the us trials and still notched up impressive times in europe regardless. He is just that good. Deal with it.For the brit posters, did you see Bolt on top gear today. Not bad behind a steering wheel either.

        Can't agree with you more, but I really don't think they will. But, while they beating their GUMS and all, Jamaica is preparing another onslaught on the SPRINT MEDALS in BERLIN. I sure wouldn't want to be the fly on that wall in when they discussing again what happen! All the talking from JA will be done on the TRACK.

        JA SPRINT CAPITOL OF THE WORLD.


        PS. As Bolt mentioned, we stake claim to being the TOP SPRINTERS in the WORLD, and we going to BERLIN to do GREAT things. Enough said.
        Ok, its clear you don't understand how to read, so allow me to break it down to you slowly.

        We are not talking about the women as we know how good the women from jamaica are. We are talking about the men. So with that being said, outside of Bolt, what and how many individual medals did the Jamaican men win???? Its so simple, a caveman can answer this.

        On the men side, ONE MAN DID THE DAMAGE!!! This is what you call facts. Sorry to disappoint you, but the sprints consist of the 100m, 200m, 400m, 110mh, 400mh, and both relays and last I checked, The US men medaled in EVERY SPRINT EVENT, now can we say the same for some countries????. It doesn't change just because ONE MAN had a one hell of a meet.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RamGoat
          Originally posted by justblaze1011
          I just want one simple answer. Outside of Bolt, what did the other Jamaican sprinters do in a open event seeing that the term dominate has been thrown around so much. I've asked this question for over a year and the only response I've gotten is your a hater and I'm mad at Jamaica's sucess, even tho I'm not and never have been.
          A Jamaican 19 year old beat your Champion.. how about that!
          And your asafa powell just got beat by 2 runners whose prs are both 10.16.. maybe mike is just using these races to work on technical parts of his race.. I think this is also what JW is doing with his 200 and 400 races. At least I hope thats what their doing.
          http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

            David, just needed ONE STONE in a SLING to take down GOLIATH.
            True.

            But he had 5 stones in his possession.

            Conclusion?

            Although the Lord fought his battle, David still had a plan B, C, D, and E.

            Depth is good if you can get it.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TrackDaddy
              Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

              David, just needed ONE STONE in a SLING to take down GOLIATH.
              True.

              But he had 5 stones in his possession.

              Conclusion?

              Although the Lord fought his battle, David still had a plan B, C, D, and E.

              Depth is good if you can get it.

              :lol:

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by trackonthebrain
                Nobody who asks this question gets an answer. I wonder why? There is not even any debate when this question is asked. Nobody touches it. Strange. It is a legitimate question but no curiosity? Not worth discussion? Wow?

                I ran track up to oly trials and I can tell you. It's a break from the norm. With sprinting, track is a sport of consistency of performance subject, of course, to weather conditions. Then a breakthrough. Then more consistency at the new level.

                I suspect the experts on this board have an answer. That's why they are silent. But they talk about everything else under the sun. And will debate you on every miniscule point - except this one.

                Maybe the rules of the board have something to do with it? But we don't have to get into suspicion to debate this - do we?
                Former sprinter Carl Lewis would be happily encouraged to debate this subject with you. Who knows if Lewis is an expert on this board, but he did address this in a newspaper recently.

                He explains: "I don't understand why you don't have too many athletes. And one of the things contributes is that you accept mediocrity. Honestly I do. In America it's the same. We seem to say all the Caribbeans are going to win. Are you freaking kidding me?

                "We've dominated and then all of a sudden, one Olympics and these Jamaicans come along and run these crazy times and performances and all of a sudden everyone says now they are the fastest. It's like everyone just lays down.

                "Really, it's ridiculous. People need to get over it, go to work - and stop whining. We're worse than England. How can you tell me that a country the size of Philadelphia (Jamaica) is gonna beat the United States? It's not possible. So we need to get over it and get back to work."
                Fire Impossible.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Kishan Gill
                  I grew up in awe of american sprinters, who I watched in front of the tv as a teen. The likes of lattany, calvin smith and carl lewis were a joy to watch.

                  But some of you american posters have to swallow your pride, no point denying it, bolt is a phenom, will very likely go down as one of the greatest sprinters of the modern era and their isn't a damn the americans can do about it including gay who I have great respect for.

                  Bolt could have gone through the us trials and still notched up impressive times in europe regardless. He is just that good. Deal with it.

                  For the brit posters, did you see Bolt on top gear today. Not bad behind a steering wheel either.
                  This thread isn't about Bolt only, well maybe it is, because Bolt is the entire mens team for Jamaica ( pun intended).

                  No one is discounting Bolt's performance, but you cannot ignore what the other Jamaica men, didn't do. The U.S. still lead in medal count for athletics in Beijing, even with Bolt competing. As guro of track pointed out, folks have grown accustomed to the U.S. being the dominant country and the FACT longetivty & the record books reflect this. The U.S. still king of the hiil, Jamaica made some inroads, long live the KING....LOL
                  on the road

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    All things ebb and flow. Total sprint medals awarded at the World Youth Championships this weekend: 18. Total of those won by Jamaicans: 0.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by gh
                      All things ebb and flow. Total sprint medals awarded at the World Youth Championships this weekend: 18. Total of those won by Jamaicans: 0.
                      Wow GH, first I've seen a nonanalytical commnet from you. Actually very superficial

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        ...a true analyst like yourself should realize that Jamaica never ranks at the world level in youths and juniors as they do in WC, Common Wealths, Pan Ams or Olys. Mind you, there have been shining yeras when JA shines at the youth or Juniors but the norm is known to be an average of 3 or 4 medals with a gold now and then.

                        Next thing you passed, is that the WYC or WJC for high school aged kids usually held in July/august and comes months after champs. And in reality Ja's. finest kids are peaked mentally and physically to do their bests at champs ( that's the reality) These kids have dominated, Champs, Penns, Carifta by the times these internationals come about they are worn.

                        Bottom line, I can agree with that it really means nothing that they got no gold.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          The sprint talent coming through Jamaica is superior imo that Jezree(sp) 15 year old running 10.4 looks like hes got silly amount of potential. Blake just ran sub 10 at the age of 19. Dexter Lee won world juniors, Mckenzie looks good and hopefully he will start taking 400 more seriously, they need a quick 400 runner. All this and Bolt is 22 and Asafa 26-27. You can only take 3 runners to world champs(4 if got previous winner) and olympics. Depth means nothing in athletics, better off having one 9.8 runner and a load of 10.2 runners than having a load of 10.0-10.1 athletes.

                          Jamaica got 4-5 sub 10 athletes for relay, 200 they got Bolt and Powell could run a fast 200 if he wanted to, hopefully Blake will focus at it in the future as well.

                          400 they are very poor, thats where depth comes into play, if you've got a load of 9.8-9.9 runners and you got guys running 10.0-10.1 they might move upto the 200 to get a place in the team and become sub 20 athletes. Now the 200 runners that was there already who are the 20.0-20.3 guys now might have to move to the 400 to get a place in the team and money. This is exactly why America have great 400m runners, if Wariner was from the UK he'd be a 200 runner, if Christian Malcolm was born in the US he would of probably gone to the 400.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Paul Henry
                            Originally posted by gh
                            All things ebb and flow. Total sprint medals awarded at the World Youth Championships this weekend: 18. Total of those won by Jamaicans: 0.
                            Wow GH, first I've seen a nonanalytical commnet from you. Actually very superficial
                            He undoubtedly had every confidence that you would explain it.

                            I know I did.
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by shearer39
                              Originally posted by Smoke
                              I. Give me Asafa and Bolt and let them go through our trials and then we will see how they would e fairing right now.


                              Any objective thinker knows that Bolt and Powell would cake walk through the US trials. Name one sprinter other than Gay who can challenge either Powell or Bolt. Just one. In fact name one US sprinter other than Gay who has beaten a healthy Powell or Bolt.
                              My whole purpose in the post was to find out if I was right or not looking at it correctly. I said I did not know and needed some help from the people that do. I wasn't about to jump off a tall building.

                              As for going through our trials, Bolt ok. As for Powell, what has he EVER done to prove he can go through 4 rounds of any competition and do anything?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Paul Henry
                                ...a true analyst like yourself should realize that Jamaica never ranks at the world level in youths and juniors as they do in WC, Common Wealths, Pan Ams or Olys. Mind you, there have been shining yeras when JA shines at the youth or Juniors but the norm is known to be an average of 3 or 4 medals with a gold now and then.

                                Next thing you passed, is that the WYC or WJC for high school aged kids usually held in July/august and comes months after champs. And in reality Ja's. finest kids are peaked mentally and physically to do their bests at champs ( that's the reality) These kids have dominated, Champs, Penns, Carifta by the times these internationals come about they are worn.

                                Bottom line, I can agree with that it really means nothing that they got no gold.
                                Jamaica at the World Youths, medals in 1/2/4:

                                1999--1G, 3S, 1B (5)
                                2001--1S, 2B (3)
                                2003--2G (2)
                                2005--2B(2)
                                2007--2G, 2S, 1B (5)
                                2009--zip

                                I stand by by statement that this year represented a low ebb.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X