X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Who's getting beat by 10.05 guys every week?
    Knite.... :? Don't even entertain it.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by #6
    Start lists
    http://www.ear-athletics.com/en/news/detail.php?id=67
    Results should appear here
    http://www.ear-athletics.com/en/news/detail.php?id=68

1 Jeter 10.97 +1.3
    2 Felix 11.08

Ivory Williams won the H2 with 9.93 +1.10
    Folks not gonna like those results...

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Who's getting beat by 10.05 guys every week?

Leave a comment:

• J2thaD
    replied
    Re: US Sprinters in Europe Not Setting the World on Fire

Originally posted by texas_speed
    Originally posted by J2thaD
    Another thing last years trials had erratic illegal winds all trials, then magically for the 100m quarterfinals you have the same wind reading a steady +1.6 for 4 heats in a row. That is anomalous considering the otherwise erratic wind.
    So if I told you the wind was exactly the same in 3 races in a row in Beijing that wouldn't matter because it wasn't the same in the 4th right? :roll:
    First of all, if you look at the Birds Nest it is a high structure, damn near enclosed so don't expect erractic wind readings. Secondly, Eugene is not enclosed it is an open air stadium with bleachers on what two sides? Two totally different settings. Anybody who knows a little geography and a tad bit about meteorology knows that Eugenes location is condusive to being windy. I am just saying there is no way in hell, an erractic usually illegal wind suddenly becomes steady enough to register +1.6 for the four mens quarter final heats, when it hadn't blown steady for more than a couple seconds the whole trials.

I mean watch as certain guys continue to run their sub par times, unless they have an illegal wind at their backs.

9.89 should beat 10.05 every time. Unless you can't really run that fast. And this peak training crap don't make it, because the guys I am talking about get beat all season on the circuit by guys running 10.05s.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

Originally posted by texas_speed
    Another thing last years trials had erratic illegal winds all trials, then magically for the 100m quarterfinals you have the same wind reading a steady +1.6 for 4 heats in a row. That is anomalous considering the otherwise erratic wind.
    So if I told you the wind was exactly the same in 3 races in a row in Beijing that wouldn't matter because it wasn't the same in the 4th right? :roll:
    Or that the 08 Jamaican Womens trial had identical wind readings.....................

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J2thaD
    replied

Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by Tvarish
    Is it just me or are the US sprinters, other than Gay, not exactly lighting it up. I know we just had our nationals but so did Jamaica. Anybody give me some possible reasons, ideas, etc. Thanks in advance.
    Hmmm lets see, well on the European Circuit they don't have bogus wind gauges or short tracks. It happened last year too. Guys run fantastic times at the Trials, then go to Europe and get beat. Consistently coming in at the back of the pack in 10.1+ to 10.3+.
    OH MY GOD!!!! You mean to tell me that a track that uses bad wind gauges, not to mention runs on a short track is a part of the Diamond League??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How dare the IAAF do such a thing?? I believe they need to go over there and check out all equipment used plus re-measure the track....OH WAIT, THEY ALREADY DID THAT, thats why they were a saction(sp) IAAF Top Graded Grand Prix Meet.

Seriously, that might be the most ignorant post you have posted and believe me, you have posted alot of nonsense other places. Use your head sometimes, maybe people are training upstairs again, maybe some can't train the way they need too and they are over there because of the contract agreement. Seriously, stop and think for a second because this whole nonsense you and the other few posters are posting isn't really thought out.
    First, I wasn't talking about Gay, second, I was giving an intelligent answer, more based off of last years U.S. trials though. Yes Doc and Dix ran solid times after the trials, but there were several other U.S. sprinters who never came close to that again. Another thing last years trials had erratic illegal winds all trials, then magically for the 100m quarterfinals you have the same wind reading a steady +1.6 for 4 heats in a row. That is anomalous considering the otherwise erratic wind. Furthermore, certain guys ran times, they never came close to again period, regardless of their training. And they were getting smoked on the European Circuit by guys not running sub 10. I mean call me a hater or whatever, I call it how I see it. had Usain Bolt ran that 9.76 in Jamaica, last year, then struggled to run 10.0s and 10.1s the rest of the season, repeatedly getting beat by guys running 10.0s and 10.1s, I would ridicule him the same way.

Leave a comment:

• EZSum
    replied
    Originally posted by track_expert
    :?

Meanwhile, Gay just runs a 9.77 with a .4 wind and in Europe in what is only his 2nd 100m race.....
    3rd to be exact, and 4th fast race of the season.
    You wouldnt expect him to be running really slower than 9.7x anyway, he got the neural imprint from the wind aided 9.75.
    Still waiting for the neural imprint to kick in for Obadele Thompson...

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied

Is it just me or are the US sprinters, other than Gay, not exactly lighting it up. I know we just had our nationals but so did Jamaica. Anybody give me some possible reasons, ideas, etc. Thanks in advance.
    Hmmm lets see, well on the European Circuit they don't have bogus wind gauges or short tracks. It happened last year too. Guys run fantastic times at the Trials, then go to Europe and get beat. Consistently coming in at the back of the pack in 10.1+ to 10.3+.
    OH MY GOD!!!! You mean to tell me that a track that uses bad wind gauges, not to mention runs on a short track is a part of the Diamond League??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How dare the IAAF do such a thing?? I believe they need to go over there and check out all equipment used plus re-measure the track....OH WAIT, THEY ALREADY DID THAT, thats why they were a saction(sp) IAAF Top Graded Grand Prix Meet.

Seriously, that might be the most ignorant post you have posted and believe me, you have posted alot of nonsense other places. Use your head sometimes, maybe people are training upstairs again, maybe some can't train the way they need too and they are over there because of the contract agreement. Seriously, stop and think for a second because this whole nonsense you and the other few posters are posting isn't really thought out.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Meanwhile, Gay just runs a 9.77 with a .4 wind and in Europe in what is only his 2nd 100m race.....
    You wouldnt expect him to be running really slower than 9.7x anyway, he got the neural imprint from the wind aided 9.75.
    Correct as he ran a 9.96 in the prelim earlier in the meet, but ya got what I was saying.
    Sure did get it 8-)

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Correct as he ran a 9.96 in the prelim earlier in the meet, but ya got what I was saying.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Name one country in the world, one country with a tougher trials? As has been stated, that is a variable that is tangible, not this conjecture you're throwing out.
    How many countries have more than 2 rounds to a sprint event...

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Name one country in the world, one country with a tougher trials? As has been stated, that is a variable that is tangible, not this conjecture you're throwing out.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X