• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Will Clement run 400? A posting said that he won't, but I've seen nothing official. 400 heats are about 8 hours before 400H final.
    He will not. Take that to the bank.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• scoe
    replied
    How about Jackson for Gold; Phillips for Silver and Taylor for Bronze.

Think that mid August might find out about Johnny Dutch, whose fortunes I have watched over the last couple of years. Assume Clement wont be in that event. can Van Zyl run under 48..00 ?

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    I don't think there will be any sweeps in Berlin next month.
    Ethiopia in the women's 10000? IMO that's the event with the highest likelihood of a sweep.
    Abeylegesse could ruin the chances of an Ethiopian sweep, although technically speaking she is Ethiopian-born, so they could manage a 1-2-3-4-5 placing :shock:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Will Clement run 400? A posting said that he won't, but I've seen nothing official. 400 heats are about 8 hours before 400H final.
    He will not. Take that to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by lilwayne1814
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    Those times are so ooold.. I can't believe they were used as support for this sweep :lol:

There shall be no sweep.
    OLD ????? 2 of the noted players scored the sub 48's in 2008....LAST YEAR... hello :roll:
    Well see the problem RamGoat has, is Bolt's not running this event, I don't think, is he?
    No, Speed, you got the 400H confused with Bolt's insertion in the 4 x 4 where he's going to split a sub-42 to come from behind to win gold for the "Land We Love." :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chrome Dome
    replied
    The medalists will come from Clement, Phillips, Dutch and Jackson, with Clement and Dutch being the ones who make it hard to predict with any more accuracy IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• Andy4
    replied
    Originally posted by BE
    Dutch won't run under 48.

Taylor runs well when it counts, and he will this year as well.

Clement is inconsistent, but always runs well at global championships.

Jackson will either win gold, or not medal. He's going to be hit or miss because the back end of his race is so shaky this year.

Philips will medal. He's been the most consistent and off hand, I believe has run 3 of the 5 fastest hurdle times on the year thus far and knows how to win. When you run under 48.3 as often and consistently as he has this year, you are ready to run under 48., which will medal.
    Dutch has been consistently getting faster each race. I think he will medal and I think he will go below 48!

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by Haskell45
    LOL..

Well Isa is running well.. 48.09 in Athens. knocking on the 47's door with repeated low 48's. He is right up there with his American counterparts, he is ready.
    He is, there is no denying that. I think he has shot of medaling.
    I think he has a GOOD shot at medaling, just dont think he will do it though. If he is at his best and the Americans are at their best. Its hard to see the Americans not sweeping.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by Haskell45
    LOL..

Well Isa is running well.. 48.09 in Athens. knocking on the 47's door with repeated low 48's. He is right up there with his American counterparts, he is ready.
    He is, there is no denying that. I think he has shot of medaling.

Leave a comment:

• Haskell45
    replied
    LOL..

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by lilwayne1814
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    Those times are so ooold.. I can't believe they were used as support for this sweep :lol:

There shall be no sweep.
    OLD ????? 2 of the noted players scored the sub 48's in 2008....LAST YEAR... hello :roll:
    Well see the problem RamGoat has, is Bolt's not running this event, I don't think, is he?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Henry
    replied
    Have been following this event since the start of the season and as indicated in earlier threads, it would be hard pressed for anyone this particular year to call the top three positions, so many guys are looking good, and the medalists from beijing aren't looking invincible enough to warrant any certainty of medals.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by BE
    ... When you run under 48.3 as often and consistently as he has this year, you are ready to run under 48., which will medal.
    Amazing to recall that way back at Stuttgart '93, 47.64 did not medal.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    I don't think there will be any sweeps in Berlin next month.
    Ethiopia in the women's 10000? IMO that's the event with the highest likelihood of a sweep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X