Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford looks like an unfit bull being dragged to the slaughter. What was that today? He looked nothing like a professional sprinter, shoulder uneven, head everywhere, striding out of rhythm , he let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
      Crawford looks like an unfit bull being dragged to the slaughter. What was that today? He looked nothing like a professional sprinter, shoulder uneven, head everywhere, striding out of rhythm , he let me down.
      Sounds like you dont think he'll be a factor.

Just say it.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        Sounds like you dont think he'll be a factor.

Just say it.
        I will say it after I evaluate Martina's form and I need to check if Spear was in the USATF final three (don't remember), this form must be as a result of swine flu or mad cow disease.

Anyway TD imagine being a Crawford Fan who knows a little about tracks and seeing that performance, better yet imagine being a sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
          Before his race with powell in laussane, rodgers had passport issues and after flying to europe, had to fly back to the US and then back again to europe... definitely not good

Lemme guess Jetlag? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            Originally posted by scratchman
            Originally posted by bman
            Yea Shawn Crawford should be on the 4x1...
            C'mon dude!
            You know he's faster than that.
            Obviously something went wrong or he shut down.
            Like I told these jokers earlier scratch...

Crawford is KNOWN for not overdoing it in Europe before a major.

Check his record.

In fact, he has publicly stated his strategy that opposes that mindset. He's running to stay fit and avoid injury...that is all

No one should be surprised if Crawford is on the medal stand for the deuce in Beijing.

It's happened in the last two Olympic Games and it will probably happen in this WC. 8-)

And to the point he would make a solid addition to the 4x1. Folks shouldnt get too caught up in these times they're seeing.

Not all of them mean very much.
            Crawford did the same thing back in 2004

Comment

After seeing Crawford at USA's, do you actually think that race is all he has to offer?

Comment

After seeing Crawford at USA's, do you actually think that race is all he has to offer?
                On top of it scratch, Shawn ain't running the 100m in Berlin, so how he looks in the 100m really doesn't matter a lot right now.
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  On top of it scratch, Shawn ain't running the 100m in Berlin, so how he looks in the 100m really doesn't matter a lot right now.
                  EXACTLY!!!
                  Why are people tripping?
                  Thats like with Jeremy.
                  Do people actually think all he's got now is a 45.7?
                  :roll:

Comment

When is this paris GP, im actually not sure which is kind of weird for me, especially with all the talk about it.

Comment

My texts did intimate that he looks out of sorts for the specific races he ran (including the 200m which he will be doing in Berlin) in Greece.

Further, I don't normally use eugene performances to gague US sprinters, I tend to wait for GP or GL. However some Eugene performances are smack bam indicators but not Crawford's 200m in eugene.

Comment

[quote=Paul Henry]
                        Originally posted by "Paul Henry":1qdjardy
                        My texts did intimate that he looks out of sorts for the specific races he ran (including the 200m which he will be doing in Berlin) in Greece.

Further, I don't normally use eugene performances to gague US sprinters, I tend to wait for GP or GL. However some Eugene performances are smack bam indicators but not Crawford's 200m in eugene.[/quote:1qdjardy]
                        ...And why wouldnt it be????
                        Why wouldnt you consider a race that actually means something as a basis for gauging how he'd perform in another race that meant something ie World's?
                        Please explain?
                        I've been pretty big on how the U.S. performed at Penn against Jam this year minus Gay (37.9). But I wouldnt line that up with a race they had say...now(before World's) , if we had Gay and Jam had Bolt. No comparison.

Comment

[quote=scratchman]
                          Originally posted by "Paul Henry":9g6x4gz0

Further, I don't normally use eugene performances to gague US sprinters, I tend to wait for GP or GL. However some Eugene performances are smack bam indicators but not Crawford's 200m in eugene.
                          Why wouldnt you consider a race that actually means something as a basis for gauging how he'd perform in another race that meant something ie World's?
                          Please explain?
                          I've been pretty big on how the U.S. performed at Penn against Jam this year minus Gay (37.9). But I wouldnt line that up with a race they had say...now(before World's) , if we had Gay and Jam had Bolt. No comparison.[/quote:9g6x4gz0]

The relays a re debate unto themselves I will take that up with you later. Mr Gay is quite O.K. his US trials performance was smack bam boom solid.

The Issue at hand...with the wind being what it was and crawford's vacilating form leading to Eugene, coupled by the fact that he had no Gay, an unfit spearmon, and rookie to race. I would not use that to cast my die on eugene performance.

Comment

Further, if you check posts a year gone back you see where I disagree with the level of intensity of USATF trials. Giving the level of the sprint depth in the US I do believe the competition through the rounds of Nat.trials these days presents a minin olympics/WC for US sprinters. by the time they get to the WC or OLYM, they are so mentally uncompetitive. I personally lobbied for more dictatoral decsions based on season's performance merits. But I sure most US fans will disagree with me.

Comment

[quote=Paul Henry][quote=scratchman]
                              Originally posted by "Paul Henry":3seobzzx
                              Originally posted by "Paul Henry":3seobzzx

Please explain?
                              I've been pretty big on how the U.S. performed at Penn against Jam this year minus Gay (37.9). But I wouldnt line that up with a race they had say...now(before World's) , if we had Gay and Jam had Bolt. No comparison.[/quote:3seobzzx]

The relays a re debate unto themselves I will take that up with you later. Mr Gay is quite O.K. his US trials performance was smack bam boom solid.

The Issue at hand...with the wind being what it was and crawford's vacilating form leading to Eugene, coupled by the fact that he had no Gay, an unfit spearmon, and rookie to race. I would not use that to cast my die on eugene performance.[/quote:3seobzzx]
                              But the time he ran was solid. You cant dispute tha, Paul. Not only that, Crawford has shown time and time again that he is a BIG MEET PERFORMER. It wasnt his fault Spearmon wasnt ready to run. He lined up and did what he had to do. And had Gay been there, I dont see his performance changing. If anything, he mightve gone faster (albeit to no avail).
                              If I was the relay coach, Crawford's on!

Comment

By your indication of always delivering a medal where it matters, regardless of what position he finished, I will concede that he is "on" ...stats are stats.

But the last two races that I saw was an off guy who is known to be better, and his Eugene performance before this was just not on enough for me to use as proxy, I can't say if Gay was there he would have been faster, there is just not enough ground to base that on, and the field was not the quality field he will be facing to gain a medal in Berlin. ie. Bolt Gay, Martina, Spearmon (who if fit will be a factor at least equal to Crawford), The Up and comers seeking to get something.

Comment

Working...
                                X