Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 502CD
    Can the body just drop a full second for a race. They both have SB's in the mid 44's. I would think it would be tough to drop a mid-43 if they haven't even gone 44 low yet. I would hate to see the winning time in Berlin be a low 44 assuming favorable conditions.
    I don't think it would be, can the body just drop, remember the 400m is about energy distribution and effective energy distribution at that. If their practice model is where they and their coaches are satisfied with, it could happen. For example if you are hitting your 300's at a certain time in pratice, you know where your are or not. There are barometers that let you stay on top of these things and not just what happens in a meet.
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Originally posted by DCSIGMA
      Originally posted by trackdug
      Another relatively slow 400 for Merritt at 44.54. Like I said, he runs only as fast as he has to.
      I agree...cuz he looks like he can go faster.
      If JW ain't showing his hand, LaShawn might as well not show his either 8-)
      U def have a point there....jus looking at his races he jus seems like he isn't going all out....but hell if nobody aint trying to challenge him then I wouldn't break my neck to drop a sub 44 jus win the race get the check and roll home...i would come on back to the 757 and do more training and get ready for Berlin....i'm not a coach or have my PhD in T/F but that jus seems like the more sensible thing to do..he has run a lot of races...JW will be ready and I am sure he(LM) aint taking him(JW) lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
        Another relatively slow 400 for Merritt at 44.54. Like I said, he runs only as fast as he has to.
        True - but a 44.5 NO-HAND-SHOW is a bit different than a 45.7 NO-HAND-SHOW :P
        Doesnt it depend on who's in the race with you?

Neither of them are showing their hand, per se.

Which has been my point all along.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

U def have a point there....jus looking at his races he jus seems like he isn't going all out....but hell if nobody aint trying to challenge him then I wouldn't break my neck to drop a sub 44 jus win the race get the check and roll home...i would come on back to the 757 and do more training and get ready for Berlin....i'm not a coach or have my PhD in T/F but that jus seems like the more sensible thing to do..he has run a lot of races...JW will be ready and I am sure he(LM) aint taking him(JW) lightly.
          You know these guys watch film on each other, of course you train to the best of your ability and come up with a race model you think wll be effective enough to win. But part of developing that race model is taking into account your strength and weaknesses, as well as those of your opponent.

Yeah in both of their races, they did enough to win, not get injured, resume their training and stay focused on Berlin.
          on the road

Comment

stay in Europe and train there, do races while training hard, get some dollar in. He's going to win whatever race he does(even if in a heavy work load), unless he meets Wariner which looks like it is not going to happen.

Comment

I am really looking forward to this race even with Wariner dropping out. I want to see Merritt run a season best and am hoping that Borlee will get a PB! It would be cool if he got like a 44.6 or below. That will be hard though.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRed
                I am really looking forward to this race even with Wariner dropping out. I want to see Merritt run a season best and am hoping that Borlee will get a PB! It would be cool if he got like a 44.6 or below. That will be hard though.
                Here are my predictions:

1. 117 MERRITT LaShawn 86 USA 44.54 CR
                2. 114 NEVILLE David 84 USA 45.14 SB
                3. 113 KIKAYA Gary 80 COD 45.29 SB
                4. 112 BORLEE Jonathan 88 BEL 45.56
                5. 115 TORRANCE Jamaal 83 USA 45.59
                6. 145 GRAVALOS Dimitris 84 GRE 46.24 SB
                7. 196 HURTAULT Erison 84 DMA 46.58
                8. 202 GOLLER Thomas 77 GER 47.11

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                  Originally posted by JimRed
                  Here are my predictions:

1. 117 MERRITT LaShawn 86 USA 44.54 CR
                  2. 114 NEVILLE David 84 USA 45.14 SB
                  3. 113 KIKAYA Gary 80 COD 45.29 SB
                  4. 112 BORLEE Jonathan 88 BEL 45.56
                  5. 115 TORRANCE Jamaal 83 USA 45.59
                  6. 145 GRAVALOS Dimitris 84 GRE 46.24 SB
                  7. 196 HURTAULT Erison 84 DMA 46.58
                  8. 202 GOLLER Thomas 77 GER 47.11
                  Lol I didn't realize it had been run! My bad

Comment

Working...