2. 120 HARGROVE Monica 82 USA 50.39 PB
        3. 118 THIAM Ami Mbacke 76 SEN 50.72
        4. 115 POMPEY Aliann 78 GUY 50.90 PB
        5. 121 HASTINGS Natasha 86 USA 51.23
        6. 116 LLOYD Shereefa 82 JAM 51.60
        7. 103 TROTTER DeeDee 82 USA 52.00 SB
        8. 111 BROWN Valerie 84 USA 52.90
        9. 119 AL JAK Nawal 88 SUD 56.06

Nice PR for Monica Hargrove, hopefully she is in the US relay pool. With that kind of performance she should run in the relay final.

Comment

Great result for Novlene. It's the same result she had previous to Osaka two years ago. That occasion she improved it to 49.66 in the final but went out too fast.

So, would this result indicate she might get similar form in Berlin and challenge SR under 49.5 if she makes a better strategy than in Osaka?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
            Nice PR for Monica Hargrove, hopefully she is in the US relay pool. With that kind of performance she should run in the relay final.
            If she runs again as well as she did today before the WC I think she will. 50.39 is great improvement and it's faster than current Allyson's SB 50.50 (not implying Hargrove is better, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by T&F_LA
              Originally posted by donley2
              If she runs as well again before the WC I think she will. 50.39 is great improvement and it's faster than current Allyson's SB 50.50 (not implying Hargrove is better, of course)
              Hargrove is a 400m runner and Allyson hasn't really been training for the 400m this year, that's one difference. Keeping things in perspective :wink:
              on the road

Comment

What has Felix been training for this season? I really haven't seen her doing much 200m or 100m, and you said she hasn't training for 400m. Has she lost her confidence? In the last race in Rome, you could still see she has that little limb that she had last year. We'll have to wait and see how things play out in Berlin, but judging by this, I hadn't seen any improvement on her form and technique from last season.

Comment

I concur that Hargrove looked good today. Certainly a relay pool candidate. However Beard and Dunn will have something to say regarding the 4x4 final. And with >72 hours recovery time from their individual races should have sufficient time for both early rounds and final.

Comment

For a while, I thought Novlene Williams was going to finish under 50 secs.

Is it just me, but it start to look like W 400m Final in Berlin could be between the two Jamaicans..Williams and Williams, Christine O and Sanya Richards.

Novlene never reach the Olympics Final last year...she looking to redeem herself this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                      I concur that Hargrove looked good today. Certainly a relay pool candidate. However Beard and Dunn will have something to say regarding the 4x4 final. And with >72 hours recovery time from their individual races should have sufficient time for both early rounds and final.
                      so will Hastings. About Beard will be interesting to see if she is able to mantain the same form she had at NCAA champs

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                        Is it just me, but it start to look like W 400m Final in Berlin could be between the two Jamaicans..Williams and Williams, Christine O and Sanya Richards.

Novlene never reach the Olympics Final last year...she looking to redeem herself this year.
                        It should be all avout Sanya, but with her you never know. I agree, it's between her, the Williams and Ohu. Nevertheless Ohu still has to show she's fit. Being her, most probably we'll know until the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                          I am not sure what you are looking at (maybe you are going back to last year), but at this point the 400m finals is all about Sanya Richards.

Comment

Yes, but Sanya has never performed the same at major championships. This wouldn't be the first time she's favourite and still loses. However, I must admit the difference in times between her and the rest is bigger than ever.

Comment

Sanya Richards has contested the distance superbly this season compared to others of similar calibre she has already negotiated. One unproven point is whether or not she can break 50s in a final after rounds this season as she has yet to be tested to that affect this year. How many rounds will she have to run in Berlin, and and which paces? She ran 50s in her third and final round out in Eugene. This will not be sufficient to earn a gold medal in Berlin.
                              Fire Impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X