Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    What has Felix been training for this season? I really haven't seen her doing much 200m or 100m, and you said she hasn't training for 400m. Has she lost her confidence? In the last race in Rome, you could still see she has that little limb that she had last year. We'll have to wait and see how things play out in Berlin, but judging by this, I hadn't seen any improvement on her form and technique from last season.
    Why would she train for the 400m in W/C year, when she is focused on the 200m? We won't know truly how any of her training this year pay's off, until after the 200m in Berlin.

Lost her confidence in what? Are you kidding?
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by 3
      Sanya Richards has contested the distance superbly this season compared to others of similar calibre she has already negotiated. One unproven point is whether or not she can break 50s in a final after rounds this season as she has yet to be tested to that affect this year. How many rounds will she have to run in Berlin, and and which paces? She ran 50s in her third and final round out in Eugene. This will not be sufficient to earn a gold medal in Berlin.
      She's running 3 rounds in Berlin.

About that 50.05, Eugene was ver y windy, so we don't know if that would've been better result in different conditions.

I've stated before, rounds of course are a factor. In 400m they're always are. However, IMHO, SR's main problem is confidence. You could tell by looking at her face that she was absolutely choked when she was in the blocks in Beijing. Even more in Osaka 200m. (SR fans, I know it's subjective.Still, not all things you can't prove are false)

So, confidence, as always in big races, will be the main key to win.

Comment

With 3-4 meets remaining for most on the circuit, one could go away feeling less impressed with this year's participants. Injuries and the sort have left many with disappointment in performances to-date. One could conclude that Richards might win in Berlin with a time similar to that of Beijing.

I would suspect that weather might play an important role as well. Remember Helsinki?

And then there are the Russians...

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
          And then there are the Russians...
          I'm very curious about Krivoshapka. She won the Indoor European champ on March and have run two outdoor sub51's so far. I'm not saying that she has a chance to win, but with such a poor depth this year if any of the favourites screws it up and she doesn't, she could medal. Besides her 50.24 PB was run in a low-keyed race, so we haven't discovered her full potential yet. We'll see, she's still very unexpierenced

Comment

...she looking to redeem herself this year.
            She should be looking to redeem herself for the shambolic "here's the world title" run in Osaka. That was her title, and she just gave up as soon as she felt the slightest bit of pressure at 395. No lean, no nothing.

Comment

She tied up. But maybe you are right. She could lean or something... even dive as Neville, remember?

Comment

Sanya will win in Berlin...

Going...away.

Write that down.

Also, I dont believe her margin of victory this season are "larger than ever" as you claim, T&F.

For one thing...she's lost a 400m race this season.

Also I believe that back in 2006 she routinely won races by a full second or more.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                  I dont believe her margin of victory this season are "larger than ever" as you claim, T&F.
                  Also I believe that back in 2006 she routinely won races by a full second or more.
                  Ok. Then it's the biggest margin for a global title season.

Comment

Originally posted by T&F_LA
                    I dont believe her margin of victory this season are "larger than ever" as you claim, T&F.
                    Ok. Then it's the biggest margin for a global title season.
                    I'm not sure about that either but it's a better statement.

Remember, she lost this season in Jamaica and at that point people were writing her off and saying that she should change events and that it was over for her, blah, blah, blah.

That wasnt you was it?

What a difference a few months make.
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

What has Felix been training for this season? I really haven't seen her doing much 200m or 100m, and you said she hasn't training for 400m. Has she lost her confidence? In the last race in Rome, you could still see she has that little limb that she had last year. We'll have to wait and see how things play out in Berlin, but judging by this, I hadn't seen any improvement on her form and technique from last season.
                      Agreed. She still has that limp from last year as if one foot is shorter than the other.

I haven't seen any improvement from last year. To be fair, VC was injured earlier in the season and seems to have suffered a cramp today. We just have to wait and see what form does both show up in in Berlin.
                      Cows need love too

Comment

Is it just me, but it start to look like W 400m Final in Berlin could be between the two Jamaicans..Williams and Williams, Christine O and Sanya Richards.
                        So much the same as any other year then :?

Comment

Remember, she lost this season in Jamaica and at that point people were writing her off and saying that she should change events and that it was over for her, blah, blah, blah.

That wasnt you was it? .
                          No, that wasn't me. I base my opinion in more than one result alone. Several results, facts (not, for instance, in what I think someone said without being sure about it). That's why, having multiple results confirming a trend (among other elements), I support the idea that SR will probably lose again

Feel free to check my postings. You won't find such a comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy

Is it just me, but it start to look like W 400m Final in Berlin could be between the two Jamaicans..Williams and Williams, Christine O and Sanya Richards.
                            So much the same as any other year then :?
                            I'm not so sure Ohuruogu will be contesting for the top spot this year. Both the William's girls are running well, and Ohuruogu only beat each one marginally, Novelene's loss being the more bitter as she should have won in Osaka.
                            You would have to look at Richards this season as being a different athlete to last season, she was a 49.8 girl last year, but not this year, and her tactics look better. It'll all be a question of rounds & nerves come the Berlin final, but it's Richards to lose.
                            I'm not so sure Kriovshapka will get down to the sub 49.5 it may take to win, but she can dip under 50 for sure. We need to wait till the Russian champs before we can properly assess them though. Remember Zaitseva in 2006? A 49.4 at the nationals then went out far too hard in Gothenberg and faded to the bronze. Guschina has competed a lot this season already, but she nearly got bronze in Beijing and coould be the best Russian again if she holds back from the circuit more.

Edited to add: Looking over results, Zaitseva has competed this summer, with an 11.67 back in June and 23.64 in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
                              We need to wait till the Russian champs
                              When are the they?

Yes, we have to wait to them. Krivoshapka looks as a very good talent, but historically Russians haven't run the best at major champs. Despite many finalists and 4x400 medals, no Russian has ever won an individual medal of any color in WC.

As for Gushchina I don't really think she has a chance this season. She hasn't broke the 51s (while in 2008 her SB was 50.12 at this point of the year) and has placed badly.

In fact, what happened with the Russians this season? Only one (Litvinova) out of six that ran 50x last year has run that again in 2009. Firova, Kapachinskaya, Migunova, Gushchina, all them outclassed this season.

Comment

Both the William's girls are running well, and Ohuruogu only beat each one marginally
                                Actually, Ohuruogu haven't beat any of the two this season.

You would have to look at Richards this season as being a different athlete to last season, she was a 49.8 girl last year, but not this year, and her tactics look better. It'll all be a question of rounds & nerves come the Berlin final, but it's Richards to lose
                                Totally agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X