Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo
    Shane was a definite talent and I am sure he did feel pretty discouraged. Things have improved since he competed. Tyler has certainly received more support than Shane did.
    I will never forget watching Shane run at the BC HS Champs- a man among boys! :shock:

And another great from Kamloops ala Reed and Armstrong.
    As I'm moving soon and have packed up my BC Highschool Champs publications, what times did Niemi run?

Comment

Re: Any TC updates?

I am not a track geek so don't spend my time searching for this stuff.... :wink:
      C'mon, you are as geeky as any of us on the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by mike renfro
        I am not a track geek so don't spend my time searching for this stuff.... :wink:
        C'mon, you are as geeky as any of us on the boards.
        I am geeky in my own way just not with stats and numbers. :lol:

Rainy-Shane holds the BC HS 400m record-46.8 which he set in 1996. I predict that record will stand for many years to come.

Have you ever checked out the BC HS T&F site?

http://www.bcsscctfa.bc.ca/webs/track/tf_records.html

Comment

Yes, I'm familiar with the site, but I seem to recall Niemi winning the 400m 3years in a row, and wondered if you remember what sort of times he was running in grade 10 and 11.

Comment

Rainy-Shane holds the BC HS 400m record-46.8 which he set in 1996. I predict that record will stand for many years to come.

Well, maybe not if Ben Ayesuh-Attah developes as he should or could.
            Yeah, the guy in "my" club! 48.55 in the World Youth and making it into the second round + he anchored Canada to 5th in the "Swedish relay"

He's only 16 and only got serious last year in the 400. This year he ran his first and only 800 at Langley. Had no idea about pacing but felt he should be able to run sub 2. He just hung with the other guys and won easily running 60-59
            for a 1.59.

Comment

Ben is definitely a big talent. I hope he doesn't keep running 800m. Plenty of time to move up to that event in the future. He has speed and that is where he should focus his efforts.
              We will have a very good 4x400m at the Legion meet. We also have Brandon Restall from the island who ran 49.2 at the HS meet-also very new to track.

Now let's keep them in the sport past age 19!

Sorry but I don't know Shane's times from grade 10 and 11. I am sure they are out there somewhere...maybe look at AC rankings back in those days? Not sure if they are online that far back though.

I was living in the boonies for those years so didn't see him run before grade 12.

Comment

Working...
              X