Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark and Willard in Paris 800m, Vessey and Rowbury too?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that the season best for European runners can be a little more deceiving than for Americans. Many Americans start their racing season much earlier than other countries. So, you might see some of these gals are really ready to go in Paris.

Comment

I actually think Clark is aiming at better race fitness toward Berlin, so she should be ready to go sub 2:00.0, she's taken most of her races out this yr regardless of who's in the field. Given that she doesn't ahve too much time left at global championships, I hope to see her run a nice time.

Comment

Scant discussion here so far about the other two USA entrants in this race whose names appear in thread's title: USA 1500m champion Shannon Rowbury -- and 2008 USOT steeplechase winner Anna Willard whose 800m time this season is best of the Paris event's start list. Both have won national championships with fast finishes.

Comment

Too bad Jelimo isn't in this race.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
            She may not be fit yet...have you been paying attention to the season so far?

Comment

Originally posted by knite
              She's back in action in Heusden Saturday (18th) - guess she wanted a low-key race, to test that fitness...

As for Paris, think Okoro will want a fast time too - she has a point to prove after her disastrous run at the UK trials, and is only number 3 in the UK at the moment :shock:

Comment

Re: Paris start list, W800m

Originally posted by James Fields
                "Start list shows Clark and Willard but heard Vessey and Rowbury will be competing in 800m as well. Any truth to that?"

http://www.meetingareva.com/resultats/?language=uk

Stade de France ---- Friday, 17 July 2009
                Women's 800m Run with season bests
                CLARK Hazel ---------------------- 02.00.09
                WILLARD Anna ------------------- 01.59.29
                VESSEY Maggie ------------------- 02.00.13
                TSYGANOVA Natalya ------------- 02.03.26
                ROWBURY Shannon USA -------- 02.01.03
                ROSTKOWSKA Anna -------------- 02.00.57
                OKORO Marilyn -------------------- 02.00.04
                KLOCOVA Lucia -------------------- 02.00.56
                GUEGAN Elodie -------------------- 01.59.79
                CUSMA PICCIONE Elisa ---------- 01.59.53
                ZBROZHEK Oksana --------------- 02.01.24

Total runners: 11
                The Americans smelling blood in this event ?? and I can't say I blame them the way the Kenyans have looked this season. After Vesseys surprise last time out we now have all of four (4) Americans facing the starter . Just a couple days ago we had some individuals complaining that there wern't enough Americans racing on the circuit in middle distance events, now we have a flood in the womens 800m. Anyone care to call this one, looks like a toss up but I am backing Okoro.

Comment

Re: Paris start list, W800m

[quote=Non Potest]
                  Originally posted by "James Fields":tqky1brp
                  "Start list shows Clark and Willard but heard Vessey and Rowbury will be competing in 800m as well. Any truth to that?"

http://www.meetingareva.com/resultats/?language=uk

Stade de France ---- Friday, 17 July 2009
                  Women's 800m Run with season bests
                  CLARK Hazel ---------------------- 02.00.09
                  WILLARD Anna ------------------- 01.59.29
                  VESSEY Maggie ------------------- 02.00.13
                  TSYGANOVA Natalya ------------- 02.03.26
                  ROWBURY Shannon USA -------- 02.01.03
                  ROSTKOWSKA Anna -------------- 02.00.57
                  OKORO Marilyn -------------------- 02.00.04
                  KLOCOVA Lucia -------------------- 02.00.56
                  GUEGAN Elodie -------------------- 01.59.79
                  CUSMA PICCIONE Elisa ---------- 01.59.53
                  ZBROZHEK Oksana --------------- 02.01.24

Total runners: 11
                  The Americans smelling blood in this event ?? and I can't say I blame them the way the Kenyans have looked this season. After Vesseys surprise last time out we now have all of four (4) Americans facing the starter . Just a couple days ago we had some individuals complaining that there wern't enough Americans racing on the circuit in middle distance events, now we have a flood in the womens 800m. Anyone care to call this one, looks like a toss up but I am backing Okoro.[/quote:tqky1brp]

Those are the only ones who have consistently been competing. We are talking all distances, might I add. 1500m'/3K/5K ESPECIALLY on the men's side of the house, Lagat is the only performing regularly, then you have KD who just dropped a 1:44x, so that bids well. Symmonds 1st trip in Europe a 1:46....only a few more meets though before going back to train b4 WC's.

Comment

Originally posted by James Fields
                    Scant discussion here so far about the other two USA entrants in this race whose names appear in thread's title: USA 1500m champion Shannon Rowbury -- and 2008 USOT steeplechase winner Anna Willard whose 800m time this season is best of the Paris event's start list.
                    And Willard it is, with a Vesseyesque finish AND a sub-2 time!

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                      Yes I heard about her not being ready to run to her capability.

Comment

Jelimo 1:59.59 for the win ahead of Sinclair, 2:00.77, Uceny, and Gall.

Comment

Working...
                        X