X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allyson Felix talks about her defeat in Rome

Allyson Felix - understanding the importance of patience

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/diary/newsid=52059.html

I think one of the key statements Allyson made was trusting in your training and here's a key for the year.

See some folks always wanna suggest what they think the athletes should or shouldn't do, training and meet wise.
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
      See some folks always wanna suggest what they think the athletes should or shouldn't do, training and meet wise.
      based only on seeing the meets, not the training or any other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
        based only on seeing the meets, not the training or any other factors.
        Yes seeing the meets, when I mentioned training and meet wise, there have been suggestions as to what Allyson should or shouldn't do meet wise and also in her training. Because she and Bobby are on record of saying she was training thru the trials. Some folks were shocked as to what Allyson did or didn't do, at trials and even beyond.
        on the road

Comment

it's all about august, that's the time to put up or shut up...

i think a top athlete and top coach know what they're doing...

Comment

Yup and again I will say, that no way Allyson does not come into Berlin ready.

Comment

I get it that she was disappointed in the result. But I thought she was using the 400m race for training and that her focus would be on the 200m and beating Veronica Campbell-Brown and Kerron Stewart (assuming the JA committee have decided to let her compete in that event in Berlin).

Comment

If you get the first part, it is not hard to understand the second part. It is obvious that running the 400m for training purposes does not mean running her slowest 400m time of the year. Hence, the reason for the disappointment.

Comment

Felix is such a great talent and i can understand a mid july 49.8 against Sanya in a high profile race but not high 50's. I hope im wrong and everything is cool and she's 21.7ish in Berlin.
                  phsstt!

Comment

I have to agree...from her 11.17 non qualifier at USATF to the losing 50.94, Felix seems to have lost some of her usual dominating form.

Comment

Exactly. I mean, isn't times the more objective element we have to judge an athlete's form? How many times an uncountable number of athletes have had bad results and they say it's just their training program and they will be fine later and then they fail?

We have to understand athletes have big contracts with big sponsors and they just can't go out and always say things how they're really are.

But maybe she and her coach really know what they're doing and then she bounces back greatly in Berlin (I hope so !!!). But again, the only way we'll know is when the results prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetorun
                        I have to agree...from her 11.17 non qualifier at USATF to the losing 50.94, Felix seems to have lost some of her usual dominating form.
                        and she just squeezed in that 200 22.02 win right? how quick people forget things.

Comment

Originally posted by duckedup
                          Originally posted by lovetorun
                          and she just squeezed in that 200 22.02 win right? how quick people forget things.
                          Only really important race (although she does have a wildcard), one good result.

Comment

Originally posted by T&F_LA
                            Exactly. I mean, isn't times the more objective element we have to judge an athlete's form? How many times an uncountable number of athletes have had bad results and they say it's just their training program and they will be fine later and then they fail?

We have to understand athletes have big contracts with big sponsors and they just can't go out and always say things how they're really are.

But maybe she and her coach really know what they're doing and then she bounces back greatly in Berlin (I hope so !!!). But again, the only way we'll know is when the results prove it.
                            On both bold points, the first one, everyone doesn't doesn't fit that description, because many an athlete has and will perform better.

On the second bold.....it is not the ONLY way we know, when the results come in. In training you have barometers that allow you to know where you are or not, by the way, meets (results) are also used for training purposes. Also with respect to results, there are things that come into play on that particular day, that impact your performance, which may not have had anything to do with all of your preparation leading up to that day.
                            on the road

Comment

it is not the ONLY way we know, when the results come in. In training you have barometers that allow you to know where you are or not
                              It's not the only way. I said the most objective element we have.

With "we" I mean us as spectators.

As spectators, we don't have those barometers that certainly exist, therefore we don't know an athlete's training results for sure, regardless the athlete tell us about them.

I'm not saying she will not be fit. The 22.02 in Eugene though windy was a great result and that's for sure a strong element. All I'm saying is we need more results and we should always be careful about what athletes say regarding their chances when the results aren't there

Comment

Working...
                              X