Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by az2004
    it's all about august, that's the time to put up or shut up...

i think a top athlete and top coach know what they're doing...
    AMEN!!!

Once again, folks confusing battles with wars.

Comment

There's more spin going on in this thread than during a presidential campaign.
      "We can't all be runners because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers

Comment

In light of today's dismal 100 showing, I guess she'll need even MORE patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          Her showing doesn't inspire much confidence. One gets the impression that even with an additional 100m she would still have been beaten by Stewart. Gonna be hard for her to defend in Berlin based on todays evidence.

Comment

O ye of little faith. That 11.49 is part of Bobby's plan dontcha know.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              O ye of little faith. That 11.49 is part of Bobby's plan dontcha know.
              I gots me the faith; I am just lacking a little in the 'understanding'.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Potest
                Originally posted by Marlow
                Her showing doesn't inspire much confidence. One gets the impression that even with an additional 100m she would still have been beaten by Stewart. Gonna be hard for her to defend in Berlin based on todays evidence.
                Well I'm sure Allyson and Bobby still have confidence, which really they're all that matter. :wink:
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  Well I'm sure Allyson and Bobby still have confidence....
                  Yep, that's what you keep saying.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Well I'm sure Allyson and Bobby still have confidence....
                    Yep, that's what you keep saying.
                    I'm not suggesting they don't see and know there is still work to be done, after all, this is still training.
                    on the road

Comment

I hope that I'm wrong, but I suspect that Felix was afraid to run 400 at USAT&F. If she had run 51 (heat) 50 (semi) then blew up and run a 52 final it would be "lesson learned, forget about running rounds of 400." Instead, she made a last-minute change for 100 and looked bad.

For two years I've wondered why she ran 200 at 2007 USAT&F, but skipped 100 at 2007 WCh. I think that 200 is her security blanket, so her fourth at London in 23.00 in 2008 destroyed her confidence.

It seems to me that Plan A was to run 400 at USAT&F, so when she scratched Plan A, she hadn't trained for a Plan B. I hope that she is ready for WCh.
                      none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                        I hope that I'm wrong, but I suspect that Felix was afraid to run 400 at USAT&F.

I'd hesitate to use the word "afraid", but I agree with what you're saying. I think at some point it became clear to her and her camp that she wasn't going to be able to beat Richards, so for a variety of reasons it made no sense to run that 400 at nationals.

Comment

How would Felix know? Richards' problems have been in meets where she had to run rounds:
                          2008 -- OG
                          2007 -- USAT&F
                          2006 -- WIndoorCh
                          2005 -- WCh
                          This is why I'm perplexed. Felix's training seemed to be on endurance, so her scratching 400 may have harmed her performance.
                          none

Comment

Gleason all due respect, you're way off base on this one. Now from your post alluding to your clamoring for Allyson to compete in the 400m at Nationals, hardly means she was afraid and changed plans.

The plan was to get some speed work in hence the 100 and 200 meters, and why she is doing short sprints going foward.
                            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                              For two years I've wondered why she ran 200 at 2007 USAT&F, but skipped 100 at 2007 WCh.
                              All you had to do was read the article where her manager explained it.

They wanted her to focus on her 200 and didnt want the 100 to take away from it.

In other words...they acknowledge that doubling isnt as easy as some would like to believe. Especially when your competition is capable of beating you even if you didnt.

And you know what?

Felix was right and it paid off big time. She exploded at those WC winning the 200, 4x1 and splitting 48 on the 4x4.

Hard to argue with the decision.
                              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Why did she run 4x100 if she didn't concentrate on 100?
                                none

Comment

Working...
                                X