Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Lincoln--2005 and then..?

Walt Murphy?s News and Results Service
    (c) Copyright 2004-all rights reserved. May not be reprinted or retransmitted without permission.

Speaking via phone from Fayetteville at today's NY Track Writers lunch, Daniel Lincoln, who just missed breaking Tim Broe's American 3k record (7:39.23) when he ran 7:40.17 at the Tyson Foods Invitational two weekends ago, talked about his short- and long-term plans.

Lincoln, who is working on his Masters degree in biochemistry, will run the 3000 at this weekend's U.S. Indoor Nationals in Boston, but isn't thinking of going after Broe's record. "It's a different race altogether. I'd like to win, but the important thing is to finish in the top two"(to move on to the World Indoor Championships the following week).

Lincoln has been accepted into medical school in Little Rock, but wouldn't start until the fall of 2005, so he plans to compete this year and next, and "then I'll have to make a decision" (about his running career). "It would be crazy to go to med school and try to train".

When asked about the risk of running so well so early in a potentially long Olympic year, Lincoln said, "I could see the skepticism, but I haven't had to tax my body (like I used to) in the collegiate season. I'm doing the same training, but less racing."

Lincoln talked about an internet messageboard where someone accused him and former Arkansas teammate (and still training partner) Alistair Cragg of using performance-enhancing drugs because they were running so fast. "We laughed--we must be getting good if they're saying those things".

Re: Daniel Lincoln--2005 and then..?

Who sang LINCOLN,LINCOLN,BO BINCOLN, banana fana -----?

Comment

it's the "Name Game" but I cannot remember the singer.

Comment

Shirley Ellis

Comment

>Lincoln talked about an internet messageboard where someone
          >accused him and former Arkansas teammate (and still training partner) Alistair
          >Cragg of using performance-enhancing drugs because they were running so fast.

Hmmm, I wonder which one that would be . . .

Comment

>>Lincoln talked about an internet messageboard where someone
            >accused him and
            >former Arkansas teammate (and still training partner) Alistair
            >Cragg of using
            >performance-enhancing drugs because they were running so fast.

Moronic charge.
            All Arkansas runners run fast while at Arkansas.

Comment

Working...
            X