Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt ducking?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt ducking?

Retreating for a moment from the backlash which has occured for Mr. Gay's supporters on the London thread, take a gander at the message board front page. There is a publication today which names Mr's Gay and Powell lining up against each other in Stockholm at the end of the month.

Was London really a duck and run, or is it part of a more important plan now that Mr. Gay is on course to sprint in Sweden?

-Tyson Gay against Asafa Powell is a duel that all meetings dream of and it is fantastic that we have it, says meeting director Rajne Söderberg. But we also have seven of the world´s fastest men, among them three of the finalists at the Beijing Olympics.
    Fire Impossible.

Not too much into the dodging topic but if powell races at stockholm, london, and monaco, 3 straight, he will have done 14 races, and that will make the berlin finals race 18. If he does race monaco as well it will be a very smart move, i think race 17 will fall just short being the round 4 race.

Unless im mistaken and he has run more than 11 races up till now...including relay legs

2 in australia
    2 before jamaican trials
    3 during jamaican trials
    4 euro races (2 10s / 2 in rome)

EDIT: nvm.. if you count the 10.4 he's at race 12 and 2 more (london/sweden) = 14 + 4 berlin rounds = 18 races for the finals. Though still better to run monaco as well.

Comment

Racing Asafa again.??? No surprise, cos he knows that at this time he can beat him.
      Rather cowardly not to put his abilities on the line. Must be lacking a little self confidence. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Comment

Nobody is 'paying' for the Gay-Powell race - it's all about the Bolt-Gay one. There's nothing to dodge or not dodge here - just another pay-day on the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
          Racing Asafa again.??? No surprise, cos he knows that at this time he can beat him.
          Rather cowardly not to put his abilities on the line. Must be lacking a little self confidence. :wink: :wink: :wink:
          Wouldnt be surprised if he handed Asafa another defeat, but lost to him in berlin. Seen similar cases, Powell is improving a lot and given my calculations, should be capable of a great race in the finals (18 race) unless something else goes wrong.

Comment

suspense for berlin...

then the big pay day in zurich...

it's all about drama..

you don't waste it in the 1st act...

Comment

It's Gay vs Asafa what are people complaining about. Asafa is getting quicker and quicker and i think he just had a distinctivly average start in Rome. If he gets a start like he has in previous seasons, Gay has got a massive task on his hands.

So when is this Stockholm meet then.

Comment

Tyson is reported to have gone duck hunting, so yes Tyson is ducking :shock:
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
                  It's Gay vs Asafa what are people complaining about. Asafa is getting quicker and quicker and i think he just had a distinctivly average start in Rome. If he gets a start like he has in previous seasons, Gay has got a massive task on his hands.

So when is this Stockholm meet then.
                  lol thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    I can only roll my eyes at that remark! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      I can only roll my eyes at that remark! :roll:
                      Yeah I know, sarcasm obviously, but I'm also pointing out how silly this whole ducking thing is :lol:
                      on the road

Comment

This should be a good showdown between the 2. By then Asafa should at least be between 85-95% health/technique wise. Gay maybe surprised by a loss to Asafa before berlin, but it will be difficult. I am looking forword to this.

One Love!
                        One Love!!!

Comment

Asafa is healthier than many claim.

9.88 says so, and the fact that he's raced so much in the last month.

Tyson hasn't run enough to suggest that he's topped out either, and judging by that start of his the other day, he can go faster than the 9.77 that he's run, in what is only his 2nd 100m race of the yr!

Comment

I ain't never seen a athlete do what Asafa does with injuries!!! I can only ASSUME that he's beyond 85% health wise after running 9.88.

I think if timed right, he can win that 100m comes Berlin. He knows his time is running out and I believe many will be excited to see Asafa get that gold medal, I would be, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                              I ain't never seen a athlete do what Asafa does with injuries!!! I can only ASSUME that he's beyond 85% health wise after running 9.88.

I think if timed right, he can win that 100m comes Berlin. He knows his time is running out and I believe many will be excited to see Asafa get that gold medal, I would be, thats for sure.
                              I can concur, Asafa winning a gold would validate somethings in his track career, it would also silence a lot of his critics.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X