Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt ducking?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be dreaming, but I have not counted Powell out of things. He does seem to have some, let us say, "focus" problems....but the raw talent is still amazing.

Comment

Tyson Gay will beat Asafa in Stockholm. The injury is very much still there, and very much real. Asafa ran the 9.88 in spite of it, but will ultimately pay a price. He is destroying his body; it cannot continue to cope with all of the changes he has been forced to make in order to run with the less-than-perfect left ankle. Until and unless he gets help he will continue to lose to Gay and Bolt and may do himself serious injury.

Given the current form of both athletes, there really is no comparison. If Gay beats Asafa by anything less than 0.10 in Stockholm it will only be because Gay allowed it to happen.
      Regards,
      toyracer

Comment

Powell remains my pick for the bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
          Asafa is healthier than many claim.

9.88 says so, and the fact that he's raced so much in the last month.

Tyson hasn't run enough to suggest that he's topped out either, and judging by that start of his the other day, he can go faster than the 9.77 that he's run, in what is only his 2nd 100m race of the yr!
          He's more of 9.83 right now, practically 1 tenth faster than where he was last season at this point adjusting the reaction times.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
            Tyson Gay will beat Asafa in Stockholm. The injury is very much still there, and very much real. Asafa ran the 9.88 in spite of it, but will ultimately pay a price. He is destroying his body; it cannot continue to cope with all of the changes he has been forced to make in order to run with the less-than-perfect left ankle. Until and unless he gets help he will continue to lose to Gay and Bolt and may do himself serious injury.

Given the current form of both athletes, there really is no comparison. If Gay beats Asafa by anything less than 0.10 in Stockholm it will only be because Gay allowed it to happen.
            I dont see Tyson ahead by 1 tenth if powell runs it to the line, definitely not at all.

Comment

Powell is my pick for the hair club for men

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                I may be dreaming, but I have not counted Powell out of things. He does seem to have some, let us say, "focus" problems....but the raw talent is still amazing.
                A complete prep. = full confidence. Something Powell didnt have in Osaka or Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Nobody is 'paying' for the Gay-Powell race - it's all about the Bolt-Gay one. There's nothing to dodge or not dodge here - just another pay-day on the circuit.
                  If I am not mistaken, there is an appreciable prize on offer for a new meet record, the one owned by Mr. Powell. To not dodge Mr. Powell out in Sweden benefits Mr. Gay, who would be the benefactor of fast competition.
                  Fire Impossible.

Comment

Gay running against Asafa in 2009 is not the same!
                    Gay is #2 and Asafa is #3 or #4 right now....
                    WE want to see #1 Bolt vs #2 Gay!
                    What is the deal with some of these Male US runners ducking people? Gay is ducking Bolt and Warner is ducking Merrit.

Comment

Re: does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt duckin

Originally posted by 3
                      Retreating for a moment from the backlash which has occured for Mr. Gay's supporters on the London thread, take a gander at the message board front page. There is a publication today which names Mr's Gay and Powell lining up against each other in Stockholm at the end of the month.

Was London really a duck and run, or is it part of a more important plan now that Mr. Gay is on course to sprint in Sweden?

-Tyson Gay against Asafa Powell is a duel that all meetings dream of and it is fantastic that we have it, says meeting director Rajne Söderberg. But we also have seven of the world´s fastest men, among them three of the finalists at the Beijing Olympics.
                      If Powell was in top form Gay wouldn't have ran against him last week, or scheduled him for Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by J2thaD
                        Originally posted by 3
                        Retreating for a moment from the backlash which has occured for Mr. Gay's supporters on the London thread, take a gander at the message board front page. There is a publication today which names Mr's Gay and Powell lining up against each other in Stockholm at the end of the month.

Was London really a duck and run, or is it part of a more important plan now that Mr. Gay is on course to sprint in Sweden?

-Tyson Gay against Asafa Powell is a duel that all meetings dream of and it is fantastic that we have it, says meeting director Rajne Söderberg. But we also have seven of the world´s fastest men, among them three of the finalists at the Beijing Olympics.
                        If Powell was in top form Gay wouldn't have ran against him last week, or scheduled him for Sweden.
                        C'mon with this, Asafa is not far off. Gay has raced Powell on many occasions, he's racing Powell because Powell is not far out there in talent with respect to everyone else now. That's reserved for Bolt talent.

When a guy's running 9.77 in only their 2nd race and someone running 9.88 while also displaying the ability to have been capable of a 9.8 low(9.84 or os) he is very close to being healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          Tyson is reported to have gone duck hunting, so yes Tyson is ducking :shock:
                          Considering he's a Kentucky boy, I'm not surprised he's gone duck hunting.... :lol:

Comment

At this point in the season Gay has the goods on Asafa so I'm sure he has zero problem running against him. Asafa, if in peak form, could still beat Gay in Berlin. But right now Asafa doesn't appear to be a threat to Gay.

The fact that Gay had the opportunity to race Bolt and decided not to means he and his fans have to deal with what appears to be him ducking Bolt. He may not be ducking him, but it sure looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by J2thaD
                              Originally posted by 3

Being realistic Powell wouldnt be in top form at this point in the season, in any season unless we're going back to 2004 (different reason there). Refer to my 18 race pattern posts for asafa.

Comment

Originally posted by ndamix
                                Originally posted by Speedfirst
                                Tyson is reported to have gone duck hunting, so yes Tyson is ducking :shock:
                                Considering he's a Kentucky boy, I'm not surprised he's gone duck hunting.... :lol:
                                LOL....my homie 8-)
                                on the road

Comment

Working...
                                X