Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt ducking?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    At this point in the season Gay has the goods on Asafa so I'm sure he has zero problem running against him. Asafa, if in peak form, could still beat Gay in Berlin. But right now Asafa doesn't appear to be a threat to Gay.

The fact that Gay had the opportunity to race Bolt and decided not to means he and his fans have to deal with what appears to be him ducking Bolt. He may not be ducking him, but it sure looks like it.
    Sure Asafa could beat Tyson in Berlin, but I doubt it. As we all know we you lace them up and decide to run, then all bet's/excuse's are off. Asafa got beat by the better man that day.

All this ducking talk, is just that, talk. None of that matters, what matters is WHEN they race, on THAT day. :wink:
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
      At this point in the season Gay has the goods on Asafa so I'm sure he has zero problem running against him. Asafa, if in peak form, could still beat Gay in Berlin. But right now Asafa doesn't appear to be a threat to Gay.

The fact that Gay had the opportunity to race Bolt and decided not to means he and his fans have to deal with what appears to be him ducking Bolt. He may not be ducking him, but it sure looks like it.
      Sure Asafa could beat Tyson in Berlin, but I doubt it. As we all know we you lace them up and decide to run, then all bet's/excuse's are off. Asafa got beat by the better man that day.

All this ducking talk, is just that, talk. None of that matters, what matters is WHEN they race, on THAT day. :wink:
      Asafa will be on race 18 in the finals, he will be ready for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert

Not questioning Asafa's readiness, just will it be enought to beat Tyson, I doubt it.
        on the road

Comment

Not questioning Asafa's readiness, just will it be enought to beat Tyson, I doubt it.
          All depends how far Gay's taking it, his fitness to run 4 rounds should be VERY good.

Comment

[quote=track_expert]
            Originally posted by "track_expert":1ug7u04n

All depends how far Gay's taking it, his fitness to run 4 rounds should be VERY good.[/quote:1ug7u04n]

One of area's of Tyson's race which in my opinion is the key point of the race, is his top end speed going into maintenance. This part of his race is superior to Asafa's and has been over the last couple of seasons.
            on the road

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst]
              Originally posted by "track_expert":2d628kdx

All depends how far Gay's taking it, his fitness to run 4 rounds should be VERY good.
              One of area's of Tyson's race which in my opinion is the key point of the race, is his top end speed going into maintenance. This part of his race is superior to Asafa's and has been over the last couple of seasons.[/quote:2d628kdx]

It certainly is, Asafa has superior starting strength as opposed to Gay's superior reactive strength.

Comment

Will you guys please stop quoting? You're making the threads unreadable. Thanks...

Comment

sorry, bad habit, about the quotes, not intentional, nor to make it hard to read, It' just you get into the habit of replying to the person you're having the discussion with.
                  on the road

Comment

It certainly is, Asafa has superior starting strength as opposed to Gay's superior reactive strength.
                    Well as we can see in the 100m, you can make it up not being as strong in your start.. Again with Tyson having arguably the best top end speed in the world, and if his start is similar to Asafa's as it was last week, lights out for Asafa.
                    on the road

Comment

Re: does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt duckin

Originally posted by J2thaD
                      Originally posted by 3
                      Retreating for a moment from the backlash which has occured for Mr. Gay's supporters on the London thread, take a gander at the message board front page. There is a publication today which names Mr's Gay and Powell lining up against each other in Stockholm at the end of the month.

Was London really a duck and run, or is it part of a more important plan now that Mr. Gay is on course to sprint in Sweden?

-Tyson Gay against Asafa Powell is a duel that all meetings dream of and it is fantastic that we have it, says meeting director Rajne Söderberg. But we also have seven of the world´s fastest men, among them three of the finalists at the Beijing Olympics.
                      If Powell was in top form Gay wouldn't have ran against him last week, or scheduled him for Sweden.
                      Being realistic Powell wouldnt be in top form at this point in the season, in any season unless we're going back to 2004 (different reason there). Refer to my 18 race pattern posts for asafa.
                      Your 18 race pattern? Repeating again what other people have said and discussed. Stop it. It is old.

Comment

One of area's of Tyson's race which in my opinion is the key point of the race, is his top end speed going into maintenance. This part of his race is superior to Asafa's and has been over the last couple of seasons.
                        Is it better top-end speed or maintaining speed that matters most in the relative strengths of Gay and AP (running wise, competition wise, Gay is a great competitor in rounds).

I am also a bit concerned with AP's injury and whether he is putting too much strain on other parts of his body as a result. However, these are guesses and are beyond my sprint pay grade.

Comment

Well as we can see in the 100m, you can make it up not being as strong in your start.. Again with Tyson having arguably the best top end speed in the world, and if his start is similar to Asafa's as it was last week, lights out for Asafa.
                          I wouldnt say his top speed is better than Bolt's to be realistic. In 2007, analysis showed Powell actually reached the higher velocity than Gay did.

Comment

Re: does racing Powell in Stockholm mean Mr. Gay isnt duckin

[quote=Jerome Marrow]
                            Originally posted by "track_expert":1fb8tbd0
                            Originally posted by J2thaD
                            Originally posted by 3
                            Retreating for a moment from the backlash which has occured for Mr. Gay's supporters on the London thread, take a gander at the message board front page. There is a publication today which names Mr's Gay and Powell lining up against each other in Stockholm at the end of the month.

Was London really a duck and run, or is it part of a more important plan now that Mr. Gay is on course to sprint in Sweden?

-Tyson Gay against Asafa Powell is a duel that all meetings dream of and it is fantastic that we have it, says meeting director Rajne Söderberg. But we also have seven of the world´s fastest men, among them three of the finalists at the Beijing Olympics.
                            If Powell was in top form Gay wouldn't have ran against him last week, or scheduled him for Sweden.
                            Being realistic Powell wouldnt be in top form at this point in the season, in any season unless we're going back to 2004 (different reason there). Refer to my 18 race pattern posts for asafa.
                            Your 18 race pattern? Repeating again what other people have said and discussed. Stop it. It is old.[/quote:1fb8tbd0]

I am referring to MY POSTS on this forum about the 18 race pattern. You make quite an attempt to insult with your 6 posts, dont reply to my posts using the tiny brain you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                              Is it better top-end speed or maintaining speed that matters most in the relative strengths of Gay and AP (running wise, competition wise, Gay is a great competitor in rounds).

I am also a bit concerned with AP's injury and whether he is putting too much strain on other parts of his body as a result. However, these are guesses and are beyond my sprint pay grade.
                              It's mainly speed maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                I ain't never seen a athlete do what Asafa does with injuries!!! I can only ASSUME that he's beyond 85% health wise after running 9.88.

I think if timed right, he can win that 100m comes Berlin. He knows his time is running out and I believe many will be excited to see Asafa get that gold medal, I would be, thats for sure.
                                yea same, i really hope he can get over whaever happens to him at the major finals, i would be glad if he won, also if Tyson won, he's a very humble guy, you kinda want him to do good when you watch him race. Since im British, i can't be bias because we have no-one to really get any medals. well we do have Chambers lol

Comment

Working...
                                X