X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richxx87
    replied
    Originally posted by BisonHurdler
    Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.
    You're not kiddin', you really are a Jerk...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Vp9fQ6 ... re=related

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.
    I can dig it. Theriot by the way hails from Cajun New Iberia...you will find that he is color blind and was a middle class blue collar family kid...we are cool

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Let's see. You tell us to call you directly. You are lobbying for Brian Theriot to become a UCLA coach. Your only retort to people who disagree with you is to mention athletic performances and then request that others engage in the same willy-measuring contest as if that adds credibility to an otherwise inane argument.

Sounds just like Brian Theriot to me.

If there are indeed two different people running around with the same MO, I'm twice as scared.
    Hey....I am Bob Stevens and am lobbying for coaches at UCLA. Is there a problem here? Theriot is a top candidate because of his running and coaching experiences plus his marketing skills. I really want Larsen for the head job? Is this all you do all day is banter and badger people that post out of love for a mission? What is your history?

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Let's see. You tell us to call you directly. You are lobbying for Brian Theriot to become a UCLA coach. Your only retort to people who disagree with you is to mention athletic performances and then request that others engage in the same willy-measuring contest as if that adds credibility to an otherwise inane argument.

Sounds just like Brian Theriot to me.

If there are indeed two different people running around with the same MO, I'm twice as scared.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    I'm lost. Who is Joel Williams?

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Well that was random, Brian. You call your self "Bob Stevens" on the other thread, then go ahead and post one Joel Williams' "letter" on here in support of Brian Theriot.

Celophane is less transparent than this.
    No one said I was not connected to the support of Larsen, Theriot, Bush and more. This is an effort to get the best coaches at UCLA. If you have a problem with me you can always call me. Yes I am Bob Stevens. The fact that I know a great deal of people and care about UCLA is not a bad mark. What are your marks? I ran a lowly 9:17 two mile for the Indians. Big deal. I still love track.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Well that was random, Brian. You call your self "Bob Stevens" on the other thread, then go ahead and post one Joel Williams' "letter" on here in support of Brian Theriot.

Celophane is less transparent than this.

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Theriot gains ground...I guess this pretty much somes it up

Mr. Guerrero & Mr. Toth:

IT is with extreme prejudice that I write this letter of recommendation for Brian Theriot. My name is Joel Williams and I’ve personally known Brian Theriot and his beautiful family for the past 6 years.

I have a background in Youth Development and have been coaching kids since 1991. I’ve had the pleasure of playing in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins & Atlanta Falcons. I am also a proud graduate of the University of Notre Dame where I played for the great Lou Holtz. I work with several former NFL players in camps & clinics to provide a positive influence on kids and provide much needed instruction. I came to know Brian when he signed his son, Trevor, a recent UCLA graduate and current UCLA fullback, up to join us in off-season training.

There are times in life when you meet someone who has a passion and zest for life and a passion and zest for everything they do. Brian Theriot is one of “those guys”. He has relentless enthusiasm, drive and ambition. I don’t know of a better candidate than someone who competed: for the school, on a high level, against fierce competition, sees the big picture, is seasoned and accomplished, strives for excellence – personally & professionally.

I would recommend Brian to lead the Special Forces, let alone the UCLA Track Club.

Sincerely,

Joel Williams
    Global Dues, Inc
    RentDues.com
    office 949.387.4679
    cell 949.293.0767
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by dj
    High School is one thing. I gather you've never coached at the NCAA DI level. And if you have, I doubt it's been in the last 10-20 years..
    Well, my daughter vaulted at a big D1 program in the last 6 years and I acquainted myself with the program pretty well. I know there all all sorts of compliance regs that are a pain in the butt, but it was still all about the kids. My state HS association can also be an enormous pain the butt, but it's STILL all about the kids.

Leave a comment:

• Ruth Wysocki
    replied
    I agree that it's all about the kids. Coaching is very rewarding and seeing the improvement and success of young people and knowing you helped them do it is awesome. I think it would be incredible to put together a dream team of coaches, but I'm not sure that will be a reality. My point still is that names keep cropping up of coaches who reached the pinnacle of college coaching and walked away from it. It would be a step backward for them. It's still about the kids for them, but now they are working with bigger, older, more mature "kids."

Leave a comment:

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by Ruth Wysocki
    After hearing about all the administrative garbage, etc., why give up what they've got going now?
    Because of the kids. It's ALWAYS about the kids. Lots and lots of kids. Red-tape BS will always be there, but once you learn how to play the game, as distasteful as the game may become sometimes, you do it to touch young people's lives and help them fulfill their potential. It's worth ALL the bother.
    High School is one thing. I gather you've never coached at the NCAA DI level. And if you have, I doubt it's been in the last 10-20 years.

Add up the pile of paperwork, plus recruiting, plus fund raising, plus travel, plus a coaching schedule that can average as much as 10 hours per day. (High School kids tend to get out of classes close to the same time and work out as a team; try that in college!)

I'm amazed at the diligence of college coaches, and I'm not at all surprised at the great number of former DI head coaches who retired so they could go back to doing what they long loved--coaching. But that's coaching on their own terms, as volunteers or at low pay, and without all the sidelights that drove them away to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    After hearing about all the administrative garbage, etc., why give up what they've got going now?
    Because of the kids. It's ALWAYS about the kids. Lots and lots of kids. Red-tape BS will always be there, but once you learn how to play the game, as distasteful as the game may become sometimes, you do it to touch young people's lives and help them fulfill their potential. It's worth ALL the bother.

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Again, knowing some of the reasons Larsen, et al left collegiate coaching in the first place, I see no reason to believe they have any interest in going back. Some of these guys are now working exclusively with elite athletes. What enticement is there to go back into the collegiate ranks? They were awesome college coaches and are doing well now doing what they really want to do. After hearing about all the administrative garbage, etc., why give up what they've got going now?
    good points. What a dream team it would be for UCLA. But, you are right, the personalities of my mentions most likely would not mesh with the garbage of the admins. These men would ignite UCLA.

Leave a comment:

• Ruth Wysocki
    replied
    Again, knowing some of the reasons Larsen, et al left collegiate coaching in the first place, I see no reason to believe they have any interest in going back. Some of these guys are now working exclusively with elite athletes. What enticement is there to go back into the collegiate ranks? They were awesome college coaches and are doing well now doing what they really want to do. After hearing about all the administrative garbage, etc., why give up what they've got going now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X