Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flumpy
    Obviously this is shocking news but with those distances anything is possible.

I'm not convinced the the Euro unders 23's don't just encourage mediocrity.
    I would agree in some respects, but in others, it's a great opportunity for some young British athletes to get a chance at competing in decent conditions- the likes of Perri Shakes Drayton, even Harry Aikines-Ayreety aren't likely to get many offers on the circuit yet, and with the weather being dismal over here, they get a real chance at running a half decent time or two...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
      Britain has won gold and bronze in.... wait for it... the women's discus
      And now bronze in women's hammer... :shock:

Comment

1 SANDEMAN, Toby GBR 20.37 PB
        2 MENGA, Platini Alexio GER 20.59
        3 BODROV, Igor UKR 20.61 PB

1 SHAKES-DRAYTON, Perri GBR 55.26 PB
        2 CHILD, Eilidh GBR 55.32 PB

1 GUMBS, Lloyd GBR 49.62 PB
        2 MELNYKOV, Stanislav UKR 49.88

That's one good hour of GB athletics. Four PB's too!

Comment

Someone told before that Belgians have found the 4th guy for their 4 x 400, actually they have 3 as J. Borlee has been injured and out of season...

As for Papachristou, the Greek we have to say that she is the bronze world junior medalist in 2008 - holds the national junior record and that 14,34m. is not her overall PB as indoors during the qualification in EC Turin she had a jump of 14,47m. thus giving a sign of her possilbilities....

Triple jump is flourishing in Greece!

It's a pity Devetzi is injured and possibly not compete in Berlin as she could easily win one more medal....However, we have Perra (14,62m.) and Papachristou (14,34m.) there...

Comment

More medalware for us too. Gold in javelin and silver and bronze in wPV. Pity about losing that gold to Ryzih's third attempt. (And can't they settle the spelling of her name??)

1 RYZIH, Elisaveta GER 4.50 =PB
            2 NIKKANEN, Minna FIN 4.45 =NR
            3 VANDY, Vanessa FIN 4.35
            4 MATHIOT, Telie FRA 4.25
            5 SUTEJ, Tina SLO 4.25 =PB
            5 OST, Alice FRA 4.25 PB
            7 VON EYNATTEN, Denise GER 4.15

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
              Pity about losing that gold to Ryzih's third attempt. (And can't they settle the spelling of her name??)
              Amazingly the intro on her front page is:
              "Hi it's me your Lisa Ryzih or Ryshich, Ryjikh and so on. Pretty complicated with all those spellings ... I mix them up, too." :shock: :shock: :shock:
              I mean she has a german ID card and I can hardly imagine there being a dozen different spellings on it. That her first name is written Lisa or Liza and sometimes with -veta added on the end makes her the most difficult athlete to find on the net ever.

Comment

I wish I had seen the men's 800 final - the final sprint by Adam Kszczot must have been something to behold. He ended up just missing his PB, but the split for the last 200 was 25.14, and he wasn't in the lead at 600, so he must have been faster than that (not sure by how much).
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
                  1 SANDEMAN, Toby GBR 20.37 PB
                  2 MENGA, Platini Alexio GER 20.59
                  3 BODROV, Igor UKR 20.61 PB
                  toby sandeman is realy cute he's a model with Storm in london his booker is a very good friend of mine and she's been going on about how he's the best 200m runner in UK for the last year and i've just been humouring her !!!

she obviously knows more about athletics than i do

anyway you can see toby here

http://www.stormmodels.com/mendetails.h ... mage=34165

watxh out for loads of coverage about him being a model athlete
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

mumps, andrew howe is still prettier than your boy.

what, no guliyev?????? isn't he under 23????

Comment

Originally posted by cacique

it's not a competition !!! but andrew howe isn't as pretty in the flesh, he has a small head and a wonky eye but is obviously still incredibly handsome :wink:
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Still under 20, so will probably compete there. Then again he might skip it and go to the worlds. He could do both, but i don't think the gap between the 2 comps is huge. I'll check

Just checked and he's got plenty of time, like 3 weeks so yeah hopefully he will do both. Better chance of getting junior records in both the 100 n 200 that way.

Comment

In u23 of 2009 athletes born in 1987, 1988, 1989 may compete...
                          Guliyev is going to compete at European Juniors next week in both 100m. 200m.

Comment

Will we ever see highlights from this competition? On the EA website? Youtue? Eurosport?

Comment

You won't. I, on the other hand, am currently watching a 3+ hour live broadcast on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                                You won't. I, on the other hand, am currently watching a 3+ hour live broadcast on TV.
                                What channel Lopen? :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X