Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris M3000m Bekele vs Lagat

Surprised this isn't a topic for discussion?

Bekele vs Lagat, will Lagat ruin Bekele's chase for the Jackpot? :?:

Event list Men's 3000m in Paris meet.
    AMDOUNI Mourad 07.59.06
    WARGA Sahle Betona 07.41.05
    SOLINSKY Chris 07.36.90 07.37.05
    SALEL Daniel 07.45.85 07.47.20
    NDIWA Cornelius
    MAROFIT Mourad 07.44.85 07.44.85
    LAGAT Bernard 07.33.51 07.35.92
    KWALIA James 07.28.28 07.43.26
    KOMON Leonard Patrick 07.34.06 07.43.13
    HIGUERO Juan Carlos 07.43.97
    ESHO Benson
    CRAGG Alistair 07.32.49 07.37.84
    CHERKOS Abreham 07.32.37
    BOUKENSA Tarek 07.43.23
    BIWOTT Yusuf Kibet 07.33.39
    BEKELE Kenenisa 07.25.79
    YATOR Vincent

One of the most interesting races in recent memory.

Bek is not 100% yet but he's getting close although he is training hard and often tired.

Lagat just ran a 3:32 and has been sharpening is speed with some 800's

What will the pace be like?
    Will Lagat stay with the pace if it's fast?
    If it's not fast, when will Bek strike and what will Lagats response be?

My feeling is Bek wins no matter what the pace is. I see Lagat a few strides back unless it's really fast, sub 7:30. I dont think Bek wants it to be super fast, he will just hang with the leaders.

CANT WAIT!
    phsstt!

Comment

This really could be epic; fabulous meeting of a "speed" guy vs a "strength" guy at a distance between where they're probably best.

The result may tell us a truckload about how both the 1500 and 5000 will play out in Berlin. I keep hearing that Bekele just doesn't look quite like his old self.

Comment

This should be very interesting. Many good competitors in this one.

What has KB done recently? Is he on form? Of course, he is the big favorite.

Lagat 3:32 indicates he is ready to race, though I would think that if it was fast it would benefit Bekele, and Lagat may have an advantage in a slowish race that comes down to the final 400.

I am also interested in seeing what kind of form Solinsky is in. This should be a great test for him. Its too bad Rupp isn't in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril

Lagat 3:32 indicates he is ready to race, though I would think that if it was fast it would benefit Bekele, and Lagat may have an advantage in a slowish race that comes down to the final 400.

I am also interested in seeing what kind of form Solinsky is in. This should be a great test for him. Its too bad Rupp isn't in this one.
          Ditto on this and looks quite the matchup for the two! That early 13:01 by Lagat is a good indication that his training had been going well, and judging from that 3:32, he's sharpening up for Berlin pretty nicely!

Comment

Bek is undefeated at 5000m with a 12:56 SB.
            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE

Thanks, yes, this one should be very interesting, though I would still have to give a big edge to Bek. He is always ready to run fast and I would suspect that a fast pace will be set.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE

Thanks, yes, this one should be very interesting, though I would still have to give a big edge to Bek. He is always ready to run fast and I would suspect that a fast pace will be set.
                In the rabbited 5000's ive seen this year the rabbit usually takes em out pretty good but around 2000m the pass slows. They want around 5:05 but hit 5:08-10 and then after some 63's the chance of a real fast time is gone.
                phsstt!

Comment

bekele might not ne in great 10 k shape...

but the 5k, his last laps of 53 and 55 ain't going away..

lagat has yet to show top form...

i suggest bekele can do as he pleases withe bernie in paris...

Comment

bump

Comment

The wind might really affect how this is run (note the w100h was only -0.3 but the 110h was -2mps+

Bekele goes with the rabbit 4:58, Lagat chasing well but 20m back.

Comment

Bekele through 1800 in about 4:29, Lagat 10m back. This is how Bekele has to run to beat a fit Lagat.

Comment

Originally posted by schmke
                          Bekele through 1800 in about 4:29, Lagat 10m back. This is how Bekele has to run to beat a fit Lagat.
                          But he will not get a helping rabbit.

Lagat second, but narrowly at the end.

7:28.64
                          7:3?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                            Originally posted by schmke
                            But he will not get a helping rabbit.

7:28.64
                            7:3?
                            Fast but very predictable. Its good to see that they are both in very good form.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                              Since when has a five-second margin of victory been "narrow"? In the end it was a pretty easy victory for Bekele.

Comment

Working...
                              X