Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rainy.here
    Crawford has the same pattern so far as last year. He didn't look great, surprised people at US Champs, got worse, then ran pretty well at Olympics.
    Thats exactly how his program should be working.

build up - - - > trials (peak) - - -> performance drop - - > build up - - - >peak(berlin)

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but with Gay not running in the 200m at the US trials I would just assume there would be very little for Crawford to peak for. I understand that the US trials is THE most competitive trials for the sprints (Jamaican trials especially for the women are as competitive) but do you guys think that he would have finished outside the top 3 ? Ivory Williams who ran 20.05 with a 3.3+ tailwind would have beaten Crawford had Crawford not peaked for the trials?

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        Pardon my ignorance, but with Gay not running in the 200m at the US trials I would just assume there would be very little for Crawford to peak for. I understand that the US trials is THE most competitive trials for the sprints (Jamaican trials especially for the women are as competitive) but do you guys think that he would have finished outside the top 3 ? Ivory Williams who ran 20.05 with a 3.3+ tailwind would have beaten Crawford had Crawford not peaked for the trials?
        Well the thing to know is, these guys dont get up one morning morning and decide to "peak." Crawford changed coaches and the way the program has been layed out by his coach is to peak twice within the season. It's not as if Gay phoned Crawford from the start of his GPP and told him he wont run the 200 at trials.
        On top of that, Crawford doesn't know what to expect at trials and how everyone else will end up doing, if he chooses a single periodized plan.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
          Realize Jamaica does not have as many rounds, let alone as much competition in those rounds, as the United States.

Comment

Crawford has never been exceptional in the European circuit. He runs well at the National and Global meets. He's been that way since I could ever remember.

Comment

Working...
            X