Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE
    replied
    Crawford has never been exceptional in the European circuit. He runs well at the National and Global meets. He's been that way since I could ever remember.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome Marrow
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Pardon my ignorance, but with Gay not running in the 200m at the US trials I would just assume there would be very little for Crawford to peak for. I understand that the US trials is THE most competitive trials for the sprints (Jamaican trials especially for the women are as competitive) but do you guys think that he would have finished outside the top 3 ? Ivory Williams who ran 20.05 with a 3.3+ tailwind would have beaten Crawford had Crawford not peaked for the trials?
    Realize Jamaica does not have as many rounds, let alone as much competition in those rounds, as the United States.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Pardon my ignorance, but with Gay not running in the 200m at the US trials I would just assume there would be very little for Crawford to peak for. I understand that the US trials is THE most competitive trials for the sprints (Jamaican trials especially for the women are as competitive) but do you guys think that he would have finished outside the top 3 ? Ivory Williams who ran 20.05 with a 3.3+ tailwind would have beaten Crawford had Crawford not peaked for the trials?
    Well the thing to know is, these guys dont get up one morning morning and decide to "peak." Crawford changed coaches and the way the program has been layed out by his coach is to peak twice within the season. It's not as if Gay phoned Crawford from the start of his GPP and told him he wont run the 200 at trials.
    On top of that, Crawford doesn't know what to expect at trials and how everyone else will end up doing, if he chooses a single periodized plan.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by rainy.here
    Crawford has the same pattern so far as last year. He didn't look great, surprised people at US Champs, got worse, then ran pretty well at Olympics.
    Thats exactly how his program should be working.

build up - - - > trials (peak) - - -> performance drop - - > build up - - - >peak(berlin)

Leave a comment:

• rainy.here
    replied
    Crawford has the same pattern so far as last year. He didn't look great, surprised people at US Champs, got worse, then ran pretty well at Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Henry
    replied
    Hopefully 2 or 3 guys run out of lane or pinch the outer lines...or better yet a series of false starts leaving Crawford with 2 other guys in the blocks. with the form I'm seeing leading from his last major outing these would be major considerations for his camp.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Re: What's wrong with Shawn Crawford?

, but he looked good. But since then he has looked as bad as Muna Lee.
    Who, BTW does nothing but post moans on her Twitter in relation to being in Europe on the circuit, (also known by other athletes as - earning their living/ seeing the world/ stamping their authority on the sport) "Wants to be at home", "Wants American food", "Is bored in Europe " etc seems to be the tone of her ramblings. Seems her inability to see how lucky/gifted and short living her window of opportunity to be an elite athlete is her biggest downfall.

Crawford didn't look too bad the other night, however!

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Everyone has a different approach to getting ready for big meets. Crawford and other will be fine.
    Not to mention, folks like confusing battles with wars. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Everyone has a different approach to getting ready for big meets. Crawford and other will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Fair enough. Just was expecting/hoping to see him build on his solid US Trials performance. Do you think he will be able to run a legal sub 19.8 by Berlin?
    It's not possible to build after a peak in the program, you can refresh and rebuild once again.

Read post above ^^
    Is it tough for a lot of sprinters to take this approach because it leads to a number of so-so races and can be hard on the ego, self-confidence and pocketbook? My opinion of Crawford changed a bunch last year and I will really respect his approach if he makes it work again (and, boy, did he do well on that turn at USATF/Trials).
    Well the other approach would be not peaking for trials which simply could equal.. no tomorrow..
    Asafa/tyson/usain without peaking equals the better races.
    But the american guys being forced to peak = mediocre races that follow the peak.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Fair enough. Just was expecting/hoping to see him build on his solid US Trials performance. Do you think he will be able to run a legal sub 19.8 by Berlin?
    It's not possible to build after a peak in the program, you can refresh and rebuild once again.

Read post above ^^
    Is it tough for a lot of sprinters to take this approach because it leads to a number of so-so races and can be hard on the ego, self-confidence and pocketbook? My opinion of Crawford changed a bunch last year and I will really respect his approach if he makes it work again (and, boy, did he do well on that turn at USATF/Trials).

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied

Read post above ^^

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Re: What's wrong with Shawn Crawford?

Originally posted by guruof track
    Maybe I missed something somewhere, but coming off the US Trials I thought that Crawford was in terrific shape and would be the third man on the medal stand in Berlin in the 200m. Granted the wind helped his time in Eugene, but he looked good. But since then he has looked as bad as Muna Lee. His most recent 200m time in Athens was 20.42 and he finished 3rd. I didn't see the race, but 20.42 in 0.00 wind is not promising. What's going on?
    Training.
    Gay and Bolt and Asafa are in training but you won't see them shut it down so much that their times in consecutive races as for all intents and purposes laughers.....
    It depends on the program as well, Crawford has had a LOT of intensive tempo in his program this year and thats the reason why his times werent going until we saw some spark at trials. A similar approach is kept from trials to berlin with adjusted volume.
    The difference between asafa/bolt/tyson is that they all have done single periodized plans. The build up for the big event (worlds). While in 2007 Tyson was forced to do a double periodized plan for trials AND worlds.

Asafa and Usain never need to do a double periodized simply because they dont need to run that fast at jamaican championships to qualify, and only 3 races for Asafa while Usain can cruise through the 200s after that, doesnt need to be in peak form.
    Tyson has had the similar approach this year because he isnt running at trials, so the result is faster times before Berlin as you see.

In the past with top sprinters who raced indoors, the plan has been triple periodized when they've had to run world indoors, nationals and worlds/olympics. All depends on the country and what your plan is.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X