Aleen Bailey JAM
    LaShauntea Moore USA
    Lauryn Williams USA
    Kerron Stewart JAM
    Allyson Felix USA
    Kelly-Ann Baptiste TRI
    Myriam Soumaré FRA
    Alexandria Anderson USA

I guess I'll be like gurouof track in the men's thread and go out on a limb to pick the winner...Kerron Stewart in a comfortable fashion.

Comment

I agree. Kerron wins in a big way.

Am I the only one who thinks that Lauryn Williams is still America's best chance to upset the Jamaican sweep in Berlin? I am losing faith in Jeter and Muna Lee looks awful right now. Lauryn seems to pick it up in big spots.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil

Am I the only one who thinks that Lauryn Williams is still America's best chance to upset the Jamaican sweep in Berlin? I am losing faith in Jeter and Muna Lee looks awful right now. Lauryn seems to pick it up in big spots.
        Jamaica gal dem still sweep. Lauryn had to work to get a spot on the team this time (3rd at the USATF 100), and Jeter is trying to fight off an injury, last I heard. If Kerron runs the way she did last week (10.75), she could break Marion's MR (10.70) and drag the other Jamaican girls with her. I'm thinking Lauryn might have to crack her 4-year-old PR (10.88) just to have any chance of getting on the podium. She's also got Shelly (10.78) and Veronica (10.85, last I checked) to deal with.

Comment

Certainly this year seems different in many ways, beginning with 10.8x and low 22.x coming with good timing and performance rhythm that I can't oft hand recall in recent seasons. Was it like this in '05 or '07?

I suspect even the GDR would find it difficult to measure up in this day. Oops...maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
            Originally posted by TrainerPhil

Jamaica gal dem still sweep. Lauryn had to work to get a spot on the team this time (3rd at the USATF 100), and Jeter is trying to fight off an injury, last I heard. If Kerron runs the way she did last week (10.75), she could break Marion's MR (10.70) and drag the other Jamaican girls with her. I'm thinking Lauryn might have to crack her 4-year-old PR (10.88) just to have any chance of getting on the podium. She's also got Shelly (10.78) and Veronica (10.85, last I checked) to deal with.
            Did Jeter say she was injured? She better be healed up by Berlin.

Comment

Best performances 2009 by entrants
              • 10.75 Kerron Stewart 1 Roma 10.07
                10.92 Kerron Stewart 1 Kingston 02.05
                10.93 Kerron Stewart 1 Ad-Dawhah 08.05
                10.93 Kerron Stewart 2 Kingston 27.06
                10.94 Kelly-Ann Baptiste 1 Port-of-Spain 20.06
                10.99 Kerron Stewart 1rA Oslo 03.07
                10.99 Chandra Sturrup 3 Roma 10.07
                11.00 Kerron Stewart 1rA Berlin 14.06
                11.01 Kerron Stewart 1h2 Roma 10.07
                11.02 Alexandra Anderson 1h3 Fayetteville 10.06
                11.05 Alexandra Anderson 1 Norman 30.05
                11.06 Kelly-Ann Baptiste 5 Roma 10.07

wind-aided
              • 10.90w Kerron Stewart 2 Eugene 07.06
                10.94w Lauryn Williams 5r1 New York City 30.05
                10.94w Alexandra Anderson 1s2 Eugene 26.06
                10.96w Lauryn Williams 3 Eugene 26.06
                10.98w Lauryn Williams 3s1 Eugene 26.06
                11.00w Alexandra Anderson 4 Eugene 26.06
                11.06w Lauryn Williams 1h4 Eugene 25.06

Comment

so why no predictions for Kerron Stewert. also, good to see lauryn williams racing, i'd like to see her have a good race here

Comment

No need for Kerron to run a 10.7 today especially since the competition isn't as tough as it was last week. in Rome.

She just needs to run fast enough to win and keep herself in the running for the GL 100m. If she wins today, she will have won 4 out of the required 6 100m races in the GL.
                  Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                    No need for Kerron to run a 10.7 today especially since the competition isn't as tough as it was last week. in Rome.

She just needs to run fast enough to win and keep herself in the running for the GL 100m. If she wins today, she will have won 4 out of the required 6 100m races in the GL.
                    Don't you mean jog fast enough
                    on the road

Comment

No I think he was providing an out given the weather conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                        No I think he was providing an out given the weather conditions.
                        :wink:
                        on the road

Comment

Swirling, gusting winds could mean very slow times regardless how hard Kerron runs.

Comment

You jump on whichever Jamaican bandwagon is running the fastest in a given week.

:roll:

When Bolt exploded in NY last year you dropped your beloved Asafa like you caught a cramp in your hand. :lol:

I remember when you dropped VCB.

Kerron ran 10.75 so now Fraser's old news.

Any loyalty beyond the green and gold, g?
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

You jump on whichever Jamaican bandwagon is running the fastest in a given week.

:roll:

When Bolt exploded in NY last year you dropped your beloved Asafa like you caught a cramp in your hand. :lol:

I remember when you dropped VCB.

Kerron ran 10.75 so now Fraser's old news.

Any loyalty beyond the green and gold, g?
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X