Simeon Williamson GBR
    Usain Bolt JAM
    Daniel Bailey ANT
    Yohan Blake JAM
    Bolt should win this one going away!

Comment

LOL

Comment

Bolt is the highlight here, but I would love to see what Bailey can produce as he looks to be in decent form. Young Yohan Blake surprised me with his recent 9.96 and I hope he can do something similar again. Richard Thompson has been a bit dissapointing thus far but as many of you have pointed out we have no idea what program he is on or where he is in the program. Here are my predictions:

(wind 0.00)

1 - Bolt 9.80
        2 - Bailey 9.95
        3 - Blake 9.98
        4 - Thompson 10.01

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
          Bolt is the highlight here, but I would love to see what Bailey can produce as he looks to be in decent form. Young Yohan Blake surprised me with his recent 9.96 and I hope he can do something similar again. Richard Thompson has been a bit dissapointing thus far but as many of you have pointed out we have no idea what program he is on or where he is in the program. Here are my predictions:

(wind 0.00)

1 - Bolt 9.80
          2 - Bailey 9.95
          3 - Blake 9.98
          4 - Thompson 10.01
          Bolt will likely drag a lot of people to very good times.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil

(wind 0.00)

1 - Bolt 9.80
            2 - Bailey 9.95
            3 - Blake 9.98
            4 - Thompson 10.01
            put simeon williamson up there

Comment

I agree, it will be interesting to see what Blake and Bailey will do, and Blake needs to keep on producing sub-10 runs to earn his spot on the relay squad. Does anyone even want to bet against Bailey triggering another false start?
              Regards,
              toyracer

Comment

Has Bolt races Powell besides at the JAAA Champs????

Why does he keep racing these b-listers????

Comment

If Blake and Bailey go under 10 seconds again at this meet I would be very surprised, but if they do, I would have them run 1 maybe 2 more races and send their butts home to train and rest up.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                    Has Bolt races Powell besides at the JAAA Champs????

Why does he keep racing these b-listers????

he's going to race powell in london, and prolly beause he's worth so much right now, they dont wanna pay for to big stars, i don't know lol

Comment

The one thing people fail to understand is the business aspect of things

Think about it, Bolt is going to get at worse 100,000 right? Ok, now you gotta pay Tyson a ton of money...why? Because he's a the current world leader in two events, plus the reigning world champ. Now, you gotta pay Powell a ton of money, roughly in the 100,000 as well because he is a major draw and can break the world record at any giving moment.

Now, you gotta pay the other medalist as well. There can be so many other reasons as to why we don't see the dream match-ups, but I think this is one of the few reasons IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                        The one thing people fail to understand is the business aspect of things
                        Think about it, Bolt is going to get at worse 100,000 right? Ok, now you gotta pay Tyson a ton of money...why? Because he's a the current world leader in two events, plus the reigning world champ. Now, you gotta pay Powell a ton of money, roughly in the 100,000 as well because he is a major draw and can break the world record at any giving moment.

Now, you gotta pay the other medalist as well. There can be so many other reasons as to why we don't see the dream match-ups, but I think this is one of the few reasons IMO.
                        I totally understand. Track meets have LIMITED budgets. Not only that, but athletes have schedules that are tailored to their training and what's BEST for them. I'm just playing devil advocates for the peeps who are saing Gay is ducking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                          Like he brought people along to good times when he ran 19.59 this year....right? :roll: :?

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                            If Blake and Bailey go under 10 seconds again at this meet I would be very surprised, but if they do, I would have them run 1 maybe 2 more races and send their butts home to train and rest up.
                            If they're improving I dont see a reason to stop going at it and if they have any sort of a plan the races must be part of it. But hey just my 2 cents..

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                              Originally posted by Dave
                              Like he brought people along to good times when he ran 19.59 this year....right? :roll: :?
                              they couldn't see clearly :lol:

Anyways.. Bolt in 9.75 mi seh!

Comment

Working...
                              X