This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comeback by Larry Jessee...UTEP?

I heard rumors that the famous Pole Vaulter and American Champion and Master's Record Holder, Larry Jessee is making a comeback at over 50 and is already jumping 16 and change. This comes my way from a Secretary at the UTEP school and worked the Hall of Fame banquet where Larry was inducted with Ted Banks. Does anyone know about this comeback?
    Wolfie Lives

Re: comeback by Larry Jessee...UTEP?

Originally posted by RHBfactor
    I heard rumors that the famous Pole Vaulter and American Champion and Master's Record Holder, Larry Jessee is making a comeback at over 50 and is already jumping 16 and change. This comes my way from a Secretary at the UTEP school and worked the Hall of Fame banquet where Larry was inducted with Ted Banks. Does anyone know about this comeback?
    Larry (Bungee) Jessee? Never heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

this might help:

Larry Jessee Pole Vault Track and FieldIn 1970 Larry Jessee began his pole vaulting at Miamisburg High School under the direction of Ralph Bergdoll. With a vault of 15'10”, he held a # 1 ranking ...
      www.mastersathletics.net/Larry-Jessee-P ... 776.0.html - Cached - Similar
      Pole Vault M45-49 Track and Field World RankingsLarry Jessee. USA. 31.03.1952. El Paso. 10.09.1997. 4.88. Ed Lipscomb. USA. 11.01.1951. Eugene. 10.08.1998. 4.85. Paul Sinatra. USA. 23.04.1962. Livermore ...
      www.mastersathletics.net/Pole-Vault-M45 ... 350.0.html - Cached - Similar
      More results from www.mastersathletics.net »
      Larry Jessee: ZoomInfo Business People InformationCoach Jessee brings over 30 years of experience as a world-class athlete and coach. Larry's career as a world-class pole vaulter spanned 3 decades. ...
      www.zoominfo.com/people/Jessee_Larry_111021095.aspx - Cached - Similar
      [PDF] 15-mPV Rank (US)File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View
      All-Time U.S. Rankings — Men's Pole Vault. 2002. 1 .................... Jeff Hartwig ..... Larry Jessee. 1982. 1 ...................... Billy Olson ...
      www.trackandfieldnews.com/rankings/men/pvusranking.pdf - Similar
      Masters Track News and Muse: Pat Manson and hopes for a true 18 ...... according to Frey-like legend, M40 vaulter Larry Jessee cleared 5.50 meters at a ... years has been busy putting on high school pole vaulting clinics. ...
      www.masterstrack.com/blog/archives/000630.html - Cached - Similar
      Masters News and Muse: Larry Jessee's M40 'record' to fall Sunday ...Sep 25, 2007 ... Several times you've used "quotes" to refer to Larry Jessee's record ... This has been discussed a little on Pole Vault Power message boards ...
      masterstrack.com/blog/001759.html - Cached - Similar
      Do YOU Love to Pole Vault?Yes, I love to pole vault, and I don't understand it when one of my kids calls me to ..... We had several oustanding friends in those days, Larry Jessee, ...
      www.bubbapv.com/Pages/DoYouLovetoPV2.htm - Cached - Similar
      USATF - Statistics - USA Indoor Track & Field ChampionsUSA Indoor Track & Field Champions. Men's Pole Vault ... 1978, 17-8.5, Larry Jessee, Pac CC. 1977, 17-9, Larry Jessee, Pac CC ...
      www.usatf.org/statistics/champions/USAI ... ../mPV.asp - Cached - Similar
      Dayton Area Sports History Track Field Significant Figures... American record holder and Olympic Gold medalist Lucinda Williams-Adams; international pole vaulter from Miamisburg Larry Jesse; a national class pole ...
      www.daytonareasportshistory.com/.../Day ... igures.htm - Cached - Similar
      Pole Vault Community BoardPole Vault Center... - NWSTC.com (Unregistered User) 18:24:52 6/25/2001 (0). Larry Jessee - Pat Merris (Unregistered User) 23:21:18 6/21/2001 (2) ...
      www.vaultworld.com/community/polevault_community.html - Cached - Similar
      Wolfie Lives

Comment

this might help:
        Somehow I don't think that's helping me get to know the REAL Larry Jessee. :?

Comment

this might help:
          Somehow I don't think that's helping me get to know the REAL Larry Jessee. :?
          let me help you more:

American Champion
          NCAA Champion
          Hall of fame - UTEP
          world record holder
          american record holder
          and takes out orphan kids from United Way camps across the USA on his yacht business plus all the kids meet dennis connor....

Need more facts? Research it.
          Wolfie Lives

Comment

takes out orphan kids from United Way camps
            Now there's a fact I can grasp!

Comment

takes out orphan kids from United Way camps
              Now there's a fact I can grasp!
              You must not be a fan of one of the USA's greatest vaulters? Have you harkened back to the 80's when Benn Fields and Larry Jessee formed their own World Victory Tour with the support of meet promoter Andy Norman and got together a real bad boys team of performers? Including Joe Dial? It was an amazing group of hole in the wall gang leaders and they gave 10 percent of their toe the line money to local british charities...all for big daddy Norman and Talbot Games
              Wolfie Lives

Comment

Larry Jessee comeback

I sail with Larry Jessee on a regular basis and he has never talked about a pole vaulting comeback. He is the Director of a company that makes running tracks and missed a good portion of the spring sailing season as he was travelling to track meets around the country. I do not know much about his athletic past, as he never speaks about this when we are around the boats, I know he was a NCAA Champion. As for the real Larry Jessee, just as an example he is hosting a sailing event for the Marine ROTC and children of Marine Veterans at the lake in August. A story appeared in the national sailing magazine " Sailing World" about Larry and our club in the September 2003 issue.

Comment

World Victory Tour

Larry Jessee and his prince of Darkness named high jumper Benn Fields created this amazing team of hole in the wall gang members to support meet promoter Andy Norman on the tour ....

I do not have all the names but here are a few of these cowboys

larry jessee
                  benn fields
                  thomas jefferson
                  frankie O mara
                  brian theriot
                  joe dial
                  ray flynn
                  john walker
                  steve scott...late joiner
                  pat scammel
                  murray plant...promoter
                  big daddy andy norman
                  brian russell

these were the boys on the original world victory tour put together by Benn Fields who taped all interviews in this era...the tapes are like the nixon tapes...these boys are legends
                  Wolfie Lives

Comment

Re: World Victory Tour

Andy Norman didn't need any support putting together a tour. Have you given up talking to yourself and being deleted on letsrun, Brian?

Comment

I hope I'm not the only one who notices that Brian THERIOT's posts are often nothing but a casual list of names of people he's met. Sometimes it's simply a pure list, other times its a very thinly veiled excuse for a list, but a pointless list nonetheless.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it at Masters Nationals.

Comment

A friendly reminder from one of the moderators. "The T&FN Forums—Facts, Not Fiction"

Comment

We have factual updates on Jessee

Larry was injured last week at the V Club in Juarez. He was nicked in the achilles by a stray bullet. He is fine but this effectively ended his comeback for at least 6 months. On Theriot? He was last seen at Staples with the Jackson family saying goodbye to MJ. Brian and Michael were very close friends. and became great neighbors off Havenhurst. Theriot moved to Encino to be closer to his son's final year at UCLA football before entering the NFL and to watch his daughter entering UCLA as an 800 meters gal. Larry Jessee is recovering quite well and already training on a donated Trek Bike. Benn Fields is also jumping again, going 6'8 at a local indoor mall promotion in his hometown to benefit local United Way Kids. Andy Norman, rest his soul, was the greatest of all promoters and took care of what Benn Fields and Larry Jessee started was what they called The World Victory Tour. It was stationed at crystal palace....England.
                            Wolfie Lives

Comment

Re: We have factual updates on Jessee

Larry was injured last week at the V Club in Juarez. He was nicked in the achilles by a stray bullet. He is fine but this effectively ended his comeback for at least 6 months. On Theriot? He was last seen at Staples with the Jackson family saying goodbye to MJ. Brian and Michael were very close friends. and became great neighbors off Havenhurst. Theriot moved to Encino to be closer to his son's final year at UCLA football before entering the NFL and to watch his daughter entering UCLA as an 800 meters gal. Larry Jessee is recovering quite well and already training on a donated Trek Bike. Benn Fields is also jumping again, going 6'8 at a local indoor mall promotion in his hometown to benefit local United Way Kids. Andy Norman, rest his soul, was the greatest of all promoters and took care of what Benn Fields and Larry Jessee started was what they called The World Victory Tour. It was stationed at crystal palace....England.
                              This post deserves a TAFNY of the MILLENIUM only 9 years in.

Comment

Working...
                              X