Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Besides Tyson , who else would you like to see or have as your 4 legs on this team? Should making the final 4 to 6 in the 100 automatically give you a spot on this relay? Ex Rae Edwards.

Not sure how many are allowed in the relay pool, but I would try to bring as many as possible as some guys peaked at the US Championships, and are running pretty lack luster times now. I would have Tyson Gay of course, as far as the rest it would be who ever seems in form around the time of the Championships.

Comment

Tyson, Doc, Rodgers are my 3 certains, the 4th spot all depends.

Comment

Whats the word on Walter Dix and would they consider bringing him onto the relay team even though he wasn't amongst the top 6?

Thinking really hard about the fourth after Gay, Rodgers and Padget and I can't come up with a solid 4th.........

Comment

Is everybody forgeting Shawn Crawford can run a relay???
          The man's a curve beast.
          And he's experienced.
          I doubt if theyre gonna just "give" that spot to Dix on past merits.
          Crawford, to me, is the most logical choice.
          ...and please, nobody bring up that 10.4 the other day :roll: .
          Yall know he's way better than that and he wasnt trying.

Comment

rodgers - Rae - Tyson - Doc or Rodgers - Padgett - Tyson - Doc

What I really like is Shawn - Wallace - Tyson - Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
              rodgers - Rae - Tyson - Doc or Rodgers - Padgett - Tyson - Doc

What I really like is Shawn - Wallace - Tyson - Doc
              Not bad.
              But I'm not sure they'll trust Wally this time. He hadnt looked that great this year.
              I'd go-
              Crawford
              Patton
              Gay
              Rodgers

Comment

1st leg: Crawford

2nd leg: Patton

3rd leg: Gay

Anchor: Spearmon

Although, if Dix wasn't injured, I would obviously have Dix on leg 2 instead of Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by J2thaD
                  Not sure how many are allowed in the relay pool, but I would try to bring as many as possible as some guys peaked at the US Championships, and are running pretty lack luster times now. I would have Tyson Gay of course, as far as the rest it would be who ever seems in form around the time of the Championships.
                  What part of they are training thru these meets do you not understand??? Most if not all of them went back do some solid base work.

Also, you keep hanging your hopes on what you seeing now, I will bet you everything you got of value that just about ever American makes what ever sprint final they are in

Comment

Rules are on the IAAF website: www.iaaf.org

Go to 2009 World Championships, scroll past "entry standards" to "entry rules."
                    none

Comment

The plan would be to peak twice, not just once.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                        What part of they are training thru these meets do you not understand??? Most if not all of them went back do some solid base work.

Also, you keep hanging your hopes on what you seeing now, I will bet you everything you got of value that just about ever American makes what ever sprint final they are in
                        While I do think the American sprinters will get into the finals in Berlin for the most part, I have to point out the hypocrisy of you saying "I will bet you everything you got of value" that they'll do it (meaning you're pretending it is impossible that they'll get injured or underperform) whereas when I made more or less the same statement about "you can bet your ass Bolt is going to win in Berlin this year) you were all up in arms going "What??? You really can't see that it's possible for Gay to beat him? Yea Bolt's the favorite, but he can still obviously lose. What if he underperforms or gets injured etc etc"

So it's only okay to be confident in your horse(s) if your name is justblaze I guess. :? No fair.

Comment

I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm being shown by the posters. A similar topic a month ago attracted a plethora of combinations and arguments, all geared towards beating the Jamaicans. Now, there's not the slightest mention of this. Instead we see a man willing to bet his all that American sprinters make the final. When was the last time that American supporters set the bar this low?

Comment

Who's setting the bar low?
                            How many times can we rate, create, and remake the same thread over and over again. Some folks MAY just not want to keep rehashing this same topic.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rudawal
                              I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm being shown by the posters. A similar topic a month ago attracted a plethora of combinations and arguments, all geared towards beating the Jamaicans. Now, there's not the slightest mention of this. Instead we see a man willing to bet his all that American sprinters make the final. When was the last time that American supporters set the bar this low?
                              Maybe it's because the Jamaicans are increasingly becoming overwhelming favorites in the 4x100m, both men and women. With the recent run by Yohan Blake it could signal that this race could be more of a runaway for JA than many of you think. Possible Matchups:

Frater vs Dix/Patton/Rodgers - US has the lead on the first exchange
                              Blake vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - I think Blake brings it back to even. His starts are terrible but he closes like gangbusters.
                              Bolt vs Gay - Many will HOPE for a wash, but Bolt will give JA the lead
                              Asafa vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - Asafa runs away from the US anchor

If there is a push late for the US squad we could see a time under 37.

Right now, the US team is scrambling for answers but I just don't think they have any.

Comment

Working...
                              X