Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knite
    Who's setting the bar low?
    How many times can we rate, create, and remake the same thread over and over again. Some folks MAY just not want to keep rehashing this same topic.

LOL
    And is it just me or is everyone tired of getting burned by lackluster US 4x1 teams anyway.

I love my home, the amber waves of grain and all that - but my greatest hope for our team is that we don't drop the stick before Tyson even gets a chance to run.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
      Originally posted by rudawal
      I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm being shown by the posters. A similar topic a month ago attracted a plethora of combinations and arguments, all geared towards beating the Jamaicans. Now, there's not the slightest mention of this. Instead we see a man willing to bet his all that American sprinters make the final. When was the last time that American supporters set the bar this low?
      Maybe it's because the Jamaicans are increasingly becoming overwhelming favorites in the 4x100m, both men and women. With the recent run by Yohan Blake it could signal that this race could be more of a runaway for JA than many of you think. Possible Matchups:

Frater vs Dix/Patton/Rodgers - US has the lead on the first exchange
      Blake vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - I think Blake brings it back to even. His starts are terrible but he closes like gangbusters.
      Bolt vs Gay - Many will HOPE for a wash, but Bolt will give JA the lead
      Asafa vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - Asafa runs away from the US anchor

If there is a push late for the US squad we could see a time under 37.

Right now, the US team is scrambling for answers but I just don't think they have any.
      2/4 last championships baton didnt even get around, and in 04 when it did it got around so bad that americans lost it.
      I wouldnt be so concerned concerned about whos running what leg until the hand offs are straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
        Who's setting the bar low?
        How many times can we rate, create, and remake the same thread over and over again. Some folks MAY just not want to keep rehashing this same topic.

LOL
        And is it just me or is everyone tired of getting burned by lackluster US 4x1 teams anyway.

I love my home, the amber waves of grain and all that - but my greatest hope for our team is that we don't drop the stick before Tyson even gets a chance to run.
        That has more to do with the coaches who allow politics to play a part in the makeup of the team. So many times the US has fell to the outside influences and thus had poor relay showing because of such effort. In a day in age where its highlighted more because there is TRUE competition, it doesn't make things easier.

If the US takes it serious, they can challenge the JA team. They match up pretty well against each other.

Comment

Pity Clarke isn't running pro for him to be race and competition ready, could really see him on the 1st leg, handing to Rodgers. Then rodgers to Patton, who hands over to Gay.
          Wallace seems to be out of sorts this season and I just don't like what I'm seeing from Crawford.
          Patton is an important adhesive to this team.

Comment

Clarke? has had a long season and will have to show form in his event only and being that he is only in the 200m's in his 1st Int'l champs, I'd hesitate putting him over comparable talents where he would have to negotiate the rounds of the 200m's plus the 4x1.

Comment

Whats the word on Walter Dix and would they consider bringing him onto the relay team even though he wasn't amongst the top 6?

Thinking really hard about the fourth after Gay, Rodgers and Padget and I can't come up with a solid 4th.........
              It's my understanding that Dix is in fact in the pool...whether or not he will be used in the final 6 remains to be determined but he's in the running.

I think it depends on the form he shows or more importantly, that he's healthy.

Him running a leg on the 4x1 and not having a single individual event to prepare for could be an ace in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                Whats the word on Walter Dix and would they consider bringing him onto the relay team even though he wasn't amongst the top 6?

Thinking really hard about the fourth after Gay, Rodgers and Padget and I can't come up with a solid 4th.........
                It's my understanding that Dix is in fact in the pool...whether or not he will be used in the final 6 remains to be determined but he's in the running.

Him running a leg on the 4x1 and not having a single individual event to prepare for could be an ace in the hole.
                Should he be anywhere near top form and on the relay come Berlin, THAT would be huge. And I'd certainly have him on 1st to Rodgers to Gay to Patton. I'd run the prelims w/Rae and Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

Don't know how bad his issue was but having an idea of how he trains, I dont see how he can recover AND get in enough stimulus to get him into sub 10 shape. It's not as simple as recovering and doing 2 workouts and running a PB. During an injury the CNS won't be "sharp" and after even worse depending on how much high int. work has been done.

BTW rodgers/doc running the 100 vs. Dix only running relay, i would think the former of running the 100 is much better due to supercompensation vs. Dix who has lost the race sharpness.

Comment

Originally posted by rudawal
                    I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm being shown by the posters. A similar topic a month ago attracted a plethora of combinations and arguments, all geared towards beating the Jamaicans. Now, there's not the slightest mention of this. Instead we see a man willing to bet his all that American sprinters make the final. When was the last time that American supporters set the bar this low?
                    Maybe it's because the Jamaicans are increasingly becoming overwhelming favorites in the 4x100m, both men and women. With the recent run by Yohan Blake it could signal that this race could be more of a runaway for JA than many of you think. Possible Matchups:

Frater vs Dix/Patton/Rodgers - US has the lead on the first exchange
                    Blake vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - I think Blake brings it back to even. His starts are terrible but he closes like gangbusters.
                    Bolt vs Gay - Many will HOPE for a wash, but Bolt will give JA the lead
                    Asafa vs Patton/Padget/Rodgers - Asafa runs away from the US anchor

If there is a push late for the US squad we could see a time under 37.

Right now, the US team is scrambling for answers but I just don't think they have any.
                    I don't disagree about the "scrambling" part because what's going behind the scenes is the same BS as in years past but as for your break down of the legs...I see it a tad differently...

If Dix is healthy enough he'll put the US at a nice advantage off the first leg and I don't think Blake will bring it to even at all. And one has to wonder how well he passes at this level too. So far this season in some spots he's shown his youth and who's to say he might not do the same taking or passing the baton from his teammates?

Tyson and Bolt on 3rd would be a thing of beauty and Bolt MAY make up a step if there is a rough pass but IMO not enough to put JAM in the lead.

Then it comes down to how close Asafa is to the US anchor (whoever that may be) and whether or not he can not only run them down but pass them.

There's so many variables its actually impossible to break a relay down on the US side because there's several different lineups they could roll out. We'll see soon enough though...

Comment

I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.

Comment

According to the new 'no politics' rule, it would be impossibe for Dix to run.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                          Don't know how bad his issue was but having an idea of how he trains, I dont see how he can recover AND get in enough stimulus to get him into sub 10 shape. It's not as simple as recovering and doing 2 workouts and running a PB. During an injury the CNS won't be "sharp" and after even worse depending on how much high int. work has been done.

BTW rodgers/doc running the 100 vs. Dix only running relay, i would think the former of running the 100 is much better due to supercompensation vs. Dix who has lost the race sharpness.
                          I guess my thing is do we know he necessarily HAS to be in sub 10 shape? Not much of the world is in true sub 10 form right now other than Bolt, Tyson and Asafa so why must Dix be in order to run an effective leg if in fact he's healthy? I'm not saying is is 100% because I don't know but assuming he is by Berlin then it could be a different dynamic.

And in general I'd agree with your last statement but again...how race sharp does he have to be to run a relay leg? He knicked himself up at USAs last year, sat out the entire European circuit and came home with some hardware when it was all said and done.

Obviously this year is a little different but with the way some of the stuff is going on with the powers that be he may be given a medical waiver or something to that effect and not have to do anything to Cottubus (pure speculation on my part).

Comment

I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.

With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                              According to the new 'no politics' rule, it would be impossibe for Dix to run.
                              False...the politics is still in full effect. Let me highlight the team selection policy:

Athletes that participate in the USA Outdoor Championships, but who do not qualify for the team in an individual event, are eligible to be selected to the relay pool.
                              To be eligible for the 4x100m relay pool athletes must sign a relay agreement requiring them to participate in two international relay events prior to the World Championships, except in emergency situations where a waiver based on medical or exceptional circumstances may be given by USATF, in its discretion.
                              Both apply to Dix...both show "loopholes"...both = same talk...no walk.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                                With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
                                Did I miss the part where Asafa ran PAST Leroy Dixon in '07 or did he just close on him (in impressive fashion, no doubt)?

Comment

Working...
                                X