Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=texas_speed]
    Originally posted by "track_expert":28hfywoa
    Don't know how bad his issue was but having an idea of how he trains, I dont see how he can recover AND get in enough stimulus to get him into sub 10 shape. It's not as simple as recovering and doing 2 workouts and running a PB. During an injury the CNS won't be "sharp" and after even worse depending on how much high int. work has been done.

BTW rodgers/doc running the 100 vs. Dix only running relay, i would think the former of running the 100 is much better due to supercompensation vs. Dix who has lost the race sharpness.
    I guess my thing is do we know he necessarily HAS to be in sub 10 shape? Not much of the world is in true sub 10 form right now other than Bolt, Tyson and Asafa so why must Dix be in order to run an effective leg if in fact he's healthy? I'm not saying is is 100% because I don't know but assuming he is by Berlin then it could be a different dynamic.

And in general I'd agree with your last statement but again...how race sharp does he have to be to run a relay leg? He knicked himself up at USAs last year, sat out the entire European circuit and came home with some hardware when it was all said and done.

Obviously this year is a little different but with the way some of the stuff is going on with the powers that be he may be given a medical waiver or something to that effect and not have to do anything to Cottubus (pure speculation on my part).[/quote:28hfywoa]

Im not sure what he was doing from trials last year to olympics...we can all speculate

Rodgers/patton will be sub 10 for berlin, they have a program vs. Dix.. who's injury and not qualifying for berlin sort of screws up any program there was. agree?

Comment

[quote=texas_speed]
      Originally posted by "track_expert":3oi6rakn
      Originally posted by knite
      I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.
      With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
      Did I miss the part where Asafa ran PAST Leroy Dixon in '07 or did he just close on him (in impressive fashion, no doubt)?[/quote:3oi6rakn]

Sorry, my mistake, havent had any breakfast yet
      Thought Patton was going to catch Powell.
      However if the gap is within 2.5m or even 3m, powell will catch him.
      He will be better than osaka/beijing 4x1 we've seen.

Comment

I agree...somewhat.

We don't know what sub 10 form Rodgers and/or Patton will be in.

Doc had a program last year and only ran a 9.98 after OTs (Monaco)....and no sub 10s in Berlin. In fact he only ran 2 wind legal sub 10s all year.

Who's to say its outside of the realm of possibility that he and/or Rodgers don't break sub 10...or if they do that its not 9.9x high...which brings me to a point of 9.9x high vs. 10.0x low isn't THAT far off. And depending on Dix's program and health he could be very capable of running a 9.9x high or a 10.0x low IMO.

Comment

Texas, I all but knew politics was not out of the process. They just reworded the rules.

Comment

Yep...same ole same ole man. Damn shame. And let's not even TALK about the women's side.... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
              I agree...somewhat.

We don't know what sub 10 form Rodgers and/or Patton will be in.

Doc had a program last year and only ran a 9.98 after OTs (Monaco)....and no sub 10s in Berlin. In fact he only ran 2 wind legal sub 10s all year.

Who's to say its outside of the realm of possibility that he and/or Rodgers don't break sub 10...or if they do that its not 9.9x high...which brings me to a point of 9.9x high vs. 10.0x low isn't THAT far off. And depending on Dix's program and health he could be very capable of running a 9.9x high or a 10.0x low IMO.
              Was patton very confident of making beijing last year? That serves in a difference in how your program is going to be and how far you expect to go.
              There are many different things with Dix and being injured, my question is, how does he improve CNS sharpness when his injury is still present? and Berlin is 1 month away. Especially given he isnt a big weight lifte (as so its said).

Rodgers tapered down for trials and increased the training volume after Eugene this year, the races he's running right now and the times are more than enough for the stimulus he needs, he'll be ready by august 15.

Comment

I don't doubt what you're saying but don't KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that its 100% correct either. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by rudawal
                  I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm being shown by the posters. A similar topic a month ago attracted a plethora of combinations and arguments, all geared towards beating the Jamaicans. Now, there's not the slightest mention of this. Instead we see a man willing to bet his all that American sprinters make the final. When was the last time that American supporters set the bar this low?
                  I'm curious, how do you deduct lack of enthusiasm when mentioned about all American sprinters maklng the finals? That's much confidence and of course that would obviously indicate a strong presence in the 4x100r. This thread is after all about the 4x100.
                  on the road

Comment

Dix is the only guy who has displayed the ability to sit out for a certain amount of time and train (While working thru injuries) to come back and be a force. I see no change in that now, especially with an avenue to STILL make the WC team.

With his agent issues a non-issue now, I would think he is making himself readily available for a better 2nd half of the summer than his 1st.

Comment

There needs to be some perspective here. When is the last time the US dominated the 4x100??? 1993? I will even give you 2000. Other than that the 4x100 has always been competitive and we have seen some special runs by folks to bring home the gold.
                      I read these threads and just shake my head. We win, and in most cases it has been due to tremendous anchor legs where the races have been close.
                      Also, the relay will be decided in the second 200. Blake is not catching or leaving whoever we place on second.
                      The politics are worse because the openness is missing, which was supposed to be the problem from the previous program. Now few know the pool, Dix is included, and the federation is trying to force folks to run where they want. So we have a couple of folks going to a different meet altogether and placing the relays in jeopardy. LOL What a mess
                      The women are pretty much sorted out, texas speed stop the drama. Your girl remains on the bubble because she has not got it done when she needs to, so she places herself in the mire of team selection. And quite frankly until someone knocks AF out of the spot the coaches do not have a reason to move her. All I want is for the ladies to get the stick around and they will be just fine out there, we should see a wr

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                        There needs to be some perspective here. When is the last time the US dominated the 4x100??? 1993? I will even give you 2000. Other than that the 4x100 has always been competitive and we have seen some special runs by folks to bring home the gold.
                        I read these threads and just shake my head. We win, and in most cases it has been due to tremendous anchor legs where the races have been close.
                        Also, the relay will be decided in the second 200. Blake is not catching or leaving whoever we place on second.
                        The politics are worse because the openness is missing, which was supposed to be the problem from the previous program. Now few know the pool, Dix is included, and the federation is trying to force folks to run where they want. So we have a couple of folks going to a different meet altogether and placing the relays in jeopardy. LOL What a mess
                        The women are pretty much sorted out, texas speed stop the drama. Your girl remains on the bubble because she has not got it done when she needs to, so she places herself in the mire of team selection. And quite frankly until someone knocks AF out of the spot the coaches do not have a reason to move her. All I want is for the ladies to get the stick around and they will be just fine out there, we should see a wr
                        I agree, the baton exchanges have always been the US's teams achilles heal.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                          I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.

With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
                          Not to mention that Powell contrary to what Tyson Gay fans say, showed a late race kick where he gained on Gay a bit before easing up. If he takes that new found ability into the anchor leg and happens to be a little behind, he will catch and pass whoever the US anchor is.

Comment

[quote=track_expert][quote="texas_speed":3c8d9qmh]
                            Originally posted by "track_expert":3c8d9qmh
                            Did I miss the part where Asafa ran PAST Leroy Dixon in '07 or did he just close on him (in impressive fashion, no doubt)?[/quote:3c8d9qmh]

Sorry, my mistake, havent had any breakfast yet
                            Thought Patton was going to catch Powell.
                            However if the gap is within 2.5m or even 3m, powell will catch him.
                            He will be better than osaka/beijing 4x1 we've seen.[/quote:3c8d9qmh]

Looking at Powell's last race vs Gay, his injury which hampered his usually explosive start, seems to have enabled him to have better maintainining speed in the latter half of his race. He was definitely catching up to Gay before shutting it down, while Gay looked to be running hard. That doesn't look good for whoever the U.S. anchor is. Powell doesn't need to explode out of the blocks being the anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by J2thaD
                              Originally posted by track_expert

Not to mention that Powell contrary to what Tyson Gay fans say, showed a late race kick where he gained on Gay a bit before easing up. If he takes that new found ability into the anchor leg and happens to be a little behind, he will catch and pass whoever the US anchor is.
                              What are you smoking? Asafa catching Tyson on the anchor, forget about it. I don't know what race you're talking about Asafa gaining on Tyson, show the race.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                                The women are pretty much sorted out, texas speed stop the drama.
                                Look at Smoke jumping out there on a comment I made and assuming what I meant by it.

I wasn't referring to the women's relay and who will run what leg....I was referring to the discord the athletes (or at least one in particular FROM THE TOP 3) have with the powers that be and what she has actually voiced to them. What will be done about the issues she raised remains to be seen. But my comment about the "the women's side of things" was made in referene to the same BS as far as how things are being run by USATF...not about who's running what leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X