Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by J2thaD
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Originally posted by knite
    I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.

With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
    Not to mention that Powell contrary to what Tyson Gay fans say, showed a late race kick where he gained on Gay a bit before easing up. If he takes that new found ability into the anchor leg and happens to be a little behind, he will catch and pass whoever the US anchor is.
    What are you smoking? Asafa catching Tyson on the anchor, forget about it. I don't know what race you're talking about Asafa gaining on Tyson, show the race.
    He's referring to a section of the Rome race where Asafa, already behind, appears to be discernibly closing before Gay pulls further away.

Comment

Doc has been noticeably absent from the Euro circuit.

Unless he is injured, this reminds me of Dix who did not run in Europe between the US trials and Beijing.
      Cows need love too

Comment

Not sure what is meant by this statement.

Dix ended up doing pretty well in Beijing if I recall correctly...so you're predicting Doc to follow the same trail from what I gather....?

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan

Unless he is injured, this reminds me of Dix who did not run in Europe between the US trials and Beijing.
          I dont think so, his wife just had/have a baby

Comment

Originally posted by EZSum
            I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.

With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
            Not to mention that Powell contrary to what Tyson Gay fans say, showed a late race kick where he gained on Gay a bit before easing up. If he takes that new found ability into the anchor leg and happens to be a little behind, he will catch and pass whoever the US anchor is.
            What are you smoking? Asafa catching Tyson on the anchor, forget about it. I don't know what race you're talking about Asafa gaining on Tyson, show the race.
            He's referring to a section of the Rome race where Asafa, already behind, appears to be discernibly closing before Gay pulls further away.
            I still haven't seen that part of the race, I guess just like beauty, it's in the eyes of the beholder 8-)

I don't see Asafa running down Tyson on anchor leg, I would subscribe to the opposite.
            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
              There needs to be some perspective here. When is the last time the US dominated the 4x100??? 1993? I will even give you 2000. Other than that the 4x100 has always been competitive and we have seen some special runs by folks to bring home the gold.
              I read these threads and just shake my head. We win, and in most cases it has been due to tremendous anchor legs where the races have been close.
              Also, the relay will be decided in the second 200. Blake is not catching or leaving whoever we place on second.
              The politics are worse because the openness is missing, which was supposed to be the problem from the previous program. Now few know the pool, Dix is included, and the federation is trying to force folks to run where they want. So we have a couple of folks going to a different meet altogether and placing the relays in jeopardy. LOL What a mess
              The women are pretty much sorted out, texas speed stop the drama. Your girl remains on the bubble because she has not got it done when she needs to, so she places herself in the mire of team selection. And quite frankly until someone knocks AF out of the spot the coaches do not have a reason to move her. All I want is for the ladies to get the stick around and they will be just fine out there, we should see a wr
              I agree, the baton exchanges have always been the US's teams achilles heal.
              Judging from the context, I assume you mean that the US ladies will post this world record? Perhaps you should have included the clause that says the Jamaican ladies will fail to get the baton around.
              There is a reason I think why we have not seen a thread on the makeup of the US women's 4x100. It's a done deal. Fait accompli. Fini. Kaput. Over. If both teams complete the race without baton problems and the Jamaicans win by less than 5 meters I'm calling for a steward's enquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer4robb

Thanks for reminding me. Reason enough to stay home. I am sure he is training hard though.
                Cows need love too

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst]
                  Originally posted by "knite":30ksczwe

I still haven't seen that part of the race, I guess just like beauty, it's in the eyes of the beholder 8-)[/quote:30ksczwe]

Must be. I noticed it the first time I watched the race before I'd read any discussion of it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer4robb

Thanks for reminding me. Reason enough to stay home. I am sure he is training hard though.
                    He is, so he can jog a litte further
                    on the road

Comment

[quote=EZSum][quote=Speedfirst]
                      Originally posted by "track_expert":1by3h0g0
                      Originally posted by "knite":1by3h0g0

I still haven't seen that part of the race, I guess just like beauty, it's in the eyes of the beholder 8-)[/quote:1by3h0g0]

Must be. I noticed it the first time I watched the race before I'd read any discussion of it at all.[/quote:1by3h0g0]

Asafa had a much better start than Gay however, in that race. Gay caught up with Asafa midway and passed him, with Asafa gaining around around the 70-80m's area before he seemed to think he wouldn't catch Gay and then eased off the gas with maybe 10-12 mts from the line...

Comment

The U.S. Anchor leg won't be Gay, so as I said, Powell will be catching whoever is the anchor, with his new found stronger second half.

Comment

[quote=knite][quote=EZSum][quote=Speedfirst][quote=EZSum][quote=Speedfirst][quote="J2thaD":3p0x7835][quote="track_expert":3p0x7835][quote="knite":3p0x7835]I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.[/quote]

With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.[/quote]

Not to mention that Powell contrary to what Tyson Gay fans say, showed a late race kick where he gained on Gay a bit before easing up. [b]If he takes that new found ability into the anchor leg and happens to be a little behind, he will catch and pass whoever the US anchor is[/b].[/quote]

What are you smoking? Asafa catching Tyson on the anchor, forget about it. I don't know what race you're talking about Asafa gaining on Tyson, show the race.[/quote]

He's referring to a section of the Rome race where Asafa, already behind, appears to be discernibly closing before Gay pulls further away.[/quote]

I still haven't seen that part of the race, I guess just like beauty, it's in the eyes of the beholder 8-)[/quote:3p0x7835]

Must be. I noticed it the first time I watched the race before I'd read any discussion of it at all.[/quote:3p0x7835]

Asafa had a much better start than Gay however, in that race. Gay caught up with Asafa midway and passed him, with Asafa gaining around around the 70-80m's area before he seemed to think he wouldn't catch Gay and then eased off the gas with maybe 10-12 mts from the line...[/quote:3p0x7835]

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0[/url]

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.

Comment

The U.S. Anchor leg won't be Gay, so as I said, Powell will be catching whoever is the anchor, with his new found stronger second half.
                            You did say whoever, Tyson it part of the whoever, now maybe you don't have confidence in Asafa catching Tyson 8-)
                            on the road

Comment

You did say whoever, Tyson it part of the whoever, now maybe you don't have confidence in Asafa catching Tyson 8-)
                              If 8.70 Asafa turns up and 9.77 Gay turns up there won't be anybody catching anybody as neither would be likely to run the other down.

Comment

Powell wont be catching anybody... lets be a bit realistic.

Given fairly equal hand offs (yes hard to come by) then Bolt will recieve the baton practically tied for 1st if not IN first place. By the time Powell gets in, it'll be in 1st or nearly tied for 1st, and I dont see anyone on that anchor leg running a 8.7 or faster, unless Tyson is anchoring, but in that case US wouldnt be in close contention for 1st anyway.

BTW, Blake is capable of 9.8x given his reaction time in the 9.9 he ran and almost no wind. Relay isnt the same story as running a straight 100, Blake's upright running is very strong as opposed to his drive phase, he is capable of a VERY fast relay leg.

On top of that, Powell will be on race 20, in all honesty he will be in 8.6x relay split shape (yes 8.6x) and he wont lose out to Tyson on the anchor leg even if they got the baton at the same time, given Tyson will have much greater fatigue anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X