Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Gay was ahead at 25 meters. At about 55 meters Powell started gaining ground, at about 80 meters Powell shuts it down. Had Powell ran hard the whole way it would have been much closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tOip48vxyA

Comment

Gay didn't have a great start in that race, not by any means. Was just avg. Now 25m's into the race, yes, Gay was ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by EZSum
        [qu

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.
        Tyson extends his top end speed further than Asafa, what appeared to be a slight close was Tyson going from drive phrase/acceleration into his top end speed. Asafa similar to Osaka was begining maintenance. If you look at the head on slow motion you can see Tyson raise his head up, while coming out of the drive, meanwhile Asafa was already up and accelerating.

Again this is part of Tyson's race, to extend top end speed. So if he can maintain a longer drive phase it will help with both acceleration and extending top end speed, decreasing his maintenance phase.
        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by knite
          Gay didn't have a great start in that race, not by any means. Was just avg. Now 25m's into the race, yes, Gay was ahead.
          The only one that got a good start was Bailey. For Asafa that was a shocking start. It's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            [qu

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.
            Tyson extends his top end speed further than Asafa, what appeared to be a slight close was Tyson going from drive phrase/acceleration into his top end speed. Asafa similar to Osaka was begining maintenance. If you look at the head on slow motion you can see Tyson raise his head up, while coming out of the drive, meanwhile Asafa was already up and accelerating.

Again this is part of Tyson's race, to extend top end speed. So if he can maintain a longer drive phase it will help with both acceleration and extending top end speed, decreasing his maintenance phase.
            The actual distance between them narrows, albeit briefly.

Comment

[qu

The actual distance between them narrows, albeit briefly.
              Not enough to matter at the least, again the difference in both of their races can be seen and that explains what occured. If Asafa cannot fix his maintenance in a race aganist Tyson, the results will be the same. Because if they have similar starts and mind you, Asafa was slightly ahead, but Tyson stayed true to his race model and it prevailed for him.

There is this discussion about Asafa improving his race and he very well and should, he WILL need to, but don't think for a moment that there isn't room for improvement in Tyson's race, because there is.
              on the road

Comment

Like I've said before I think it will be
                Crawford
                Rodgers
                Gay
                Rae
                I really don't see them trailing at all in the race and both teams will break the curret WR. Asafa might be able to catch Rae but like you jamaicans say about Blake, Rae is an amazing relay runner so I see it being a close finish or us winning handily..

All this is assuming us makes finals and gets the stick around!
                http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

Wallace Spearmon should stay as far away from the 4x100 as possible.

Comment

[What about Ivory Williams he is running good

Comment

[qu

I know what you're saying and you are right, Tyson accelerates slower than Powell does basically.
                      Though when comparing top speeds... we dont see which ones ahead at which point, to be able to actually compare maximum velocity as the case was when they did in osaka 07, they took what was Powell's top velocity vs. Gay's top velocity, and Powell's was faster. One may hit top speed at 55m, another at 70m, task is to find the peak velocity for each.. where ever it occured.

Comment

I would love to continue this discussion, but obviously this isn't the thread for it. We'll see if we can start a thread on this type of discussion. :wink:
                        on the road

Comment

[quote=texas_speed]
                          Originally posted by "track_expert":2wnj7pbn
                          Originally posted by knite
                          I don't get this, a one time 9.96 guy is nto running away from any of our guys. The benefit that JA has is obviously at Bolt, and Asafa. The other legs are not better than any of our guys. And I'd give Patton the ability to match up well on anchor holding off Powell because of his 200m ability.
                          With all espect to Patton, he can not hold off powell. Powell will be in race 20 by 4x1 finals and VERY capable of a 8.6 split.
                          Did I miss the part where Asafa ran PAST Leroy Dixon in '07 or did he just close on him (in impressive fashion, no doubt)?[/quote:2wnj7pbn]
                          THANK YOU!

Comment

I just saw the race.
                            I see what everybody means about Powell closing. But it was soooooo brief. I really had to watch it a couple of times to catch it. My view is that Tyson was NEVER in any real danger. He didnt pull even with him at all, so the 'close' to me was never worth mentioning.
                            Gay led handily all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
                              I just saw the race.
                              I see what everybody means about Powell closing. But it was soooooo brief. I really had to watch it a couple of times to catch it. My view is that Tyson was NEVER in any real danger. He didnt pull even with him at all, so the 'close' to me was never worth mentioning.
                              Gay led handily all the way through.
                              Yep, didn't matter at the least.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
                                Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                Originally posted by J2thaD
                                Not sure how many are allowed in the relay pool, but I would try to bring as many as possible as some guys peaked at the US Championships, and are running pretty lack luster times now. I would have Tyson Gay of course, as far as the rest it would be who ever seems in form around the time of the Championships.
                                What part of they are training thru these meets do you not understand??? Most if not all of them went back do some solid base work.

Also, you keep hanging your hopes on what you seeing now, I will bet you everything you got of value that just about ever American makes what ever sprint final they are in
                                While I do think the American sprinters will get into the finals in Berlin for the most part, I have to point out the hypocrisy of you saying "I will bet you everything you got of value" that they'll do it (meaning you're pretending it is impossible that they'll get injured or underperform) whereas when I made more or less the same statement about "you can bet your ass Bolt is going to win in Berlin this year) you were all up in arms going "What??? You really can't see that it's possible for Gay to beat him? Yea Bolt's the favorite, but he can still obviously lose. What if he underperforms or gets injured etc etc"

So it's only okay to be confident in your horse(s) if your name is justblaze I guess. :? No fair.
                                See I figured you out, you love to hear yourself talk, you also read what you think is there and not whats actually there, but go ahead and ASSume what you want!

Comment

Working...
                                X