Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by EZSum
    [qu

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.
    Tyson extends his top end speed further than Asafa, what appeared to be a slight close was Tyson going from drive phrase/acceleration into his top end speed. Asafa similar to Osaka was begining maintenance. If you look at the head on slow motion you can see Tyson raise his head up, while coming out of the drive, meanwhile Asafa was already up and accelerating.

Again this is part of Tyson's race, to extend top end speed. So if he can maintain a longer drive phase it will help with both acceleration and extending top end speed, decreasing his maintenance phase.
    BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I couldnt agree more.
    The so-called "close" really had to do with Tysons race model.
    And personally, I didnt see Powell shutting down. He ran all the way. He just couldnt accelerate anymore and there was no place to go but downward. That WAS NOT his typical shutdown. Sorry folks.
    ...Im not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BE
      Wallace Spearmon should stay as far away from the 4x100 as possible.
      Why should he??? Its not always about having the 4 fastest guys, I think that was proven in 2004 :?

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
        Originally posted by EZSum
        [qu

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.
        Tyson extends his top end speed further than Asafa, what appeared to be a slight close was Tyson going from drive phrase/acceleration into his top end speed. Asafa similar to Osaka was begining maintenance. If you look at the head on slow motion you can see Tyson raise his head up, while coming out of the drive, meanwhile Asafa was already up and accelerating.

Again this is part of Tyson's race, to extend top end speed. So if he can maintain a longer drive phase it will help with both acceleration and extending top end speed, decreasing his maintenance phase.
        BEAUTIFUL!!!
        I couldnt agree more.
        The so-called "close" really had to do with Tysons race model.
        And personally, I didnt see Powell shutting down. He ran all the way. He just couldnt accelerate anymore and there was no place to go but downward. That WAS NOT his typical shutdown. Sorry folks.
        ...Im not seeing it.
        Exactly wasn't any shutting down, what Asafa did was decelerate at a faster rate, thus slowing down faster, not slower, which serves you better. Again Asafa's maintenance phase, needs work, especially against Mr. Top End Speed.
        on the road

Comment

Somebody said Powell would catch whoever's in front of him.
          :shock: :roll:
          As long as Powell can see his opponent, that opponent has a chance to win.
          He aint catching Gay or Doc Patton...or Rodgers, if theyre out like '07.

Comment

It works by the splits and whats expected, In 07/08 powell was on race 17 in the 4x1 finals, 18th's been the magic number for him and this year he'll reach race 20, definitely in his maximum peak zone. If he splits a 8.6x final leg, and Patton is 1 meter infront and splits a 8.9x, is powell not going to catch him? Dont forget Bolt is the fastest bend runner...

Comment

Fellas......

All Powell has to do is hold because the Jamaican relay team will not be behind by the time he gets the stick. The only American catching or beating Powell is Gay, but he will need to be on the third leg is the US team wants to even be in this race. Blake, who can now run with any of the American runners on the 2nd leg, is the key here.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                It works by the splits and whats expected, In 07/08 powell was on race 17 in the 4x1 finals, 18th's been the magic number for him and this year he'll reach race 20, definitely in his maximum peak zone. If he splits a 8.6x final leg, and Patton is 1 meter infront and splits a 8.9x, is powell not going to catch him? Dont forget Bolt is the fastest bend runner...
                No!
                Im not comfortable giving Bolt "the fastest" bend. I'd say he and Gay are pretty even. I wouldnt give either an edge on the other. And as for Powell, what was his split in the 07 World's?

Comment

The Jamaicans are the overwhelming favorites whether yall wanna believe or not. As we know, anything can happen, but lets be real here, they get that stick around its gonna be theirs to win...but can they lose??? Yes!!! I think we should be aware of that. 2004 Games rings a bells???

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                    Fellas......

All Powell has to do is hold because the Jamaican relay team will not be behind by the time he gets the stick. The only American catching or beating Powell is Gay, but he will need to be on the third leg is the US team wants to even be in this race. Blake, who can now run with any of the American runners on the 2nd leg, is the key here.
                    All due respect, it hasn't been proven Blake can run with any of the U.S. 2nd legs. I agree he may just in fact be a key to them losing. His inexperience may very well be a huge factor. Now from 2nd to 4th the Jamaicans can be behind, especially with Tyson on 3rd leg.
                    on the road

Comment

No!
                      Im not comfortable giving Bolt "the fastest" bend. I'd say he and Gay are pretty even. I wouldnt give either an edge on the other. And as for Powell, what was his split in the 07 World's?
                      Well Bolt did have the fastest bend split ever in the 4x1 last year, can you really argue with that? No one says there's a world of difference between them, but in a sport where hundreths of a second mean something, it applies here.

He split a high 8.7x and last year split a 8.72 i believe.
                      He made up what looked like 2/3 meters, by quick visual looks anyway.

Comment

Fellas......

All due respect, it hasn't been proven Blake can run with any of the U.S. 2nd legs. I agree he may just in fact be a key to them losing. His inexperience may very well be a huge factor. Now from 2nd to 4th the Jamaicans can be behind, especially with Tyson on 3rd leg.
                        If Blake is ready to run, please believe he's gonna run. Experience is somewhat overrated in my book. Those coaches will have him ready.

Comment

Fellas......

Blake has shown incredible top speed and speed maintenance (minus his reaction time and drive phase in the 9.9x he ran). Rodgers has a 9.9x PR and a wind aided 9.8x, Patton also is goes 9.9x. Rodgers hasnt shown he's capable of beating Blake's top speed.

And how can you possibly say jamaicans will fall behind with Bolt on the third leg?
                          Before americans start worrying about these things, they should care about the baton getting around!

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                            Fellas......

If Blake is ready to run, please believe he's gonna run. Experience is somewhat overrated in my book. Those coaches will have him ready.
                            JB, I hear you about the coaches, I'm just saying in a race of this magnitude, sometimes the jiters get the best of you, even the experienced guys. As we know, it's about getting the stick around the fastest, slightest miscue, that's enough.
                            on the road

Comment

Fellas......

Blake has shown incredible top speed and speed maintenance (minus his reaction time and drive phase in the 9.9x he ran). Rodgers has a 9.9x PR and a wind aided 9.8x, Patton also is goes 9.9x. Rodgers hasnt shown he's capable of beating Blake's top speed.

And how can you possibly say jamaicans will fall behind with Bolt on the third leg?Before americans start worrying about these things, they should care about the baton getting around!
                              I did say a combination of legs, last I checked, Bolt ain't running 2nd and leadoff & 3rd :shock: Also with Tyson running 3rd leg, oh yeah Jamaica could be behind, y'all seen that movie before. As far as the baton is concerned, Jamiaica not planning on passing the stick or something. They gotta get it around also and not just around, but around the fastest, just U.S.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                The Jamaicans are the overwhelming favorites whether yall wanna believe or not. As we know, anything can happen, but lets be real here, they get that stick around its gonna be theirs to win...but can they lose??? Yes!!! I think we should be aware of that. 2004 Games rings a bells???
                                I think most of us understand and accept they are the favorites. Especially now that Blake and Powell are coming on. I think the key for us will be how well we run the first two legs....and WHO runs the first two legs. We know what Gay can do on 3rd. But he needs a good cushion for the 1 or so meter Bolt may gain back, and set up our anchor to hold off Powell. CHRIST!!! Why did Dix pick THIS YEAR to fallout with his handlers???? :lol: If I thought he'd be the same as I saw at Penn, I'd have no concerns.
                                Its going to be interesting what they decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X