Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=track_expert]
    Originally posted by scratchman
    Originally posted by "track_expert":hgt2342k
    Somebody said Powell would catch whoever's in front of him.
    :shock: :roll:
    As long as Powell can see his opponent, that opponent has a chance to win.
    He aint catching Gay or Doc Patton...or Rodgers, if theyre out like '07.
    It works by the splits and whats expected, In 07/08 powell was on race 17 in the 4x1 finals, 18th's been the magic number for him and this year he'll reach race 20, definitely in his maximum peak zone. If he splits a 8.6x final leg, and Patton is 1 meter infront and splits a 8.9x, is powell not going to catch him? Dont forget Bolt is the fastest bend runner...
    No!
    Im not comfortable giving Bolt "the fastest" bend. I'd say he and Gay are pretty even. I wouldnt give either an edge on the other. And as for Powell, what was his split in the 07 World's?
    Well Bolt did have the fastest bend split ever in the 4x1 last year, can you really argue with that? No one says there's a world of difference between them, but in a sport where hundreths of a second mean something, it applies here.

He split a high 8.7x and last year split a 8.72 i believe.
    He made up what looked like 2/3 meters, by quick visual looks anyway.[/quote:hgt2342k]
    He may have had the fastest bend split becuz Tyson didnt run.
    And if Powell hit 8.7 high in 07 AND COULDNT PASS DIXON, how can you be certain he'll catch Patton/Rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Originally posted by EZSum
      Originally posted by EZSum
      [qu

Asafa definitely didn't have a much better start in that race than Gay and by his normal standards he had a shocker. We are all talking about this race, right?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjWg9jeLT0

Also, to be clear, Asafa appears to be closing only slightly and it doesn't last long before he eases off.
      Tyson extends his top end speed further than Asafa, what appeared to be a slight close was Tyson going from drive phrase/acceleration into his top end speed. Asafa similar to Osaka was begining maintenance. If you look at the head on slow motion you can see Tyson raise his head up, while coming out of the drive, meanwhile Asafa was already up and accelerating.

Again this is part of Tyson's race, to extend top end speed. So if he can maintain a longer drive phase it will help with both acceleration and extending top end speed, decreasing his maintenance phase.
      The actual distance between them narrows, albeit briefly.
      Not enough to matter at the least, again the difference in both of their races can be seen and that explains what occured. If Asafa cannot fix his maintenance in a race aganist Tyson, the results will be the same. Because if they have similar starts and mind you, Asafa was slightly ahead, but Tyson stayed true to his race model and it prevailed for him.

There is this discussion about Asafa improving his race and he very well and should, he WILL need to, but don't think for a moment that there isn't room for improvement in Tyson's race, because there is.
      I was just being overly dogged about arguing the specific visuals of the race, not making a case that the outcome could have been any different. Nothing I've seen in the last couple of years indicates to me that Asafa is likely to come from behind against an in shape Tyson Gay. He needs a good start and, as of the last few races, he hasn't been able to deliver one.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
        Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        Fellas......

All Powell has to do is hold because the Jamaican relay team will not be behind by the time he gets the stick. The only American catching or beating Powell is Gay, but he will need to be on the third leg is the US team wants to even be in this race. Blake, who can now run with any of the American runners on the 2nd leg, is the key here.
        All due respect, it hasn't been proven Blake can run with any of the U.S. 2nd legs. I agree he may just in fact be a key to them losing. His inexperience may very well be a huge factor. Now from 2nd to 4th the Jamaicans can be behind, especially with Tyson on 3rd leg.
        Blake has shown incredible top speed and speed maintenance (minus his reaction time and drive phase in the 9.9x he ran). Rodgers has a 9.9x PR and a wind aided 9.8x, Patton also is goes 9.9x. Rodgers hasnt shown he's capable of beating Blake's top speed.

And how can you possibly say jamaicans will fall behind with Bolt on the third leg?Before americans start worrying about these things, they should care about the baton getting around!
        I did say a combination of legs, last I checked, Bolt ain't running 2nd and leadoff & 3rd :shock: Also with Tyson running 3rd leg, oh yeah Jamaica could be behind, y'all seen that movie before. As far as the baton is concerned, Jamiaica not planning on passing the stick or something. They gotta get it around also and not just around, but around the fastest, just U.S.
        Blake has 9.8 speed, who does the US have that can BETTER it than 9.8?
        Bolt has the fastest ever 4x1 bend split and fastest ever 200 bend, can Gay really match it?
        And finaly...are you going to have someone who can smoke Frater on that 1st leg?

Lets assume Frater hands off being 0.05 behind, Blake shits his pants cause its worlds and runs 9.9x speed while Rodgers runs 9.8x speed, so now the gap is 0.15, Tyson and Bolt are EVEN on the 3rd leg, Powell gets the baton and has to make up 0.15. Given Doc runs.. 9.9x? and Powell is capable of splitting 8.6x, Powell would catch Doc and have a 3 feet lead on him.

Dont think back to 2007... that was a HUGE gap on the last leg.

1) A 10 second runner in Bolt
        2) No 9.8x on the 2nd leg (Blake)

Two different factors and Tyson succesfully stretched the pass into the zone onto the anchor leg.. not sure they'd want to take that risk doing it after what happened last year.

Comment

[quote=scratchman]
          Originally posted by track_expert
          Originally posted by "track_expert":h69yh75i
          Somebody said Powell would catch whoever's in front of him.
          :shock: :roll:
          As long as Powell can see his opponent, that opponent has a chance to win.
          He aint catching Gay or Doc Patton...or Rodgers, if theyre out like '07.
          It works by the splits and whats expected, In 07/08 powell was on race 17 in the 4x1 finals, 18th's been the magic number for him and this year he'll reach race 20, definitely in his maximum peak zone. If he splits a 8.6x final leg, and Patton is 1 meter infront and splits a 8.9x, is powell not going to catch him? Dont forget Bolt is the fastest bend runner...
          No!
          Im not comfortable giving Bolt "the fastest" bend. I'd say he and Gay are pretty even. I wouldnt give either an edge on the other. And as for Powell, what was his split in the 07 World's?
          Well Bolt did have the fastest bend split ever in the 4x1 last year, can you really argue with that? No one says there's a world of difference between them, but in a sport where hundreths of a second mean something, it applies here.

He split a high 8.7x and last year split a 8.72 i believe.
          He made up what looked like 2/3 meters, by quick visual looks anyway.
          He may have had the fastest bend split becuz Tyson didnt run.
          And if Powell hit 8.7 high in 07 AND COULDNT PASS DIXON, how can you be certain he'll catch Patton/Rodgers?[/quote:h69yh75i]

I dont see what your arguement is here, that Gay is a better bend runner than Bolt? What about Osaka's bend vs. Biejing's bend? We're talking about the fastest EVER recorded split, not just one championship.

Because the gap was too big!! Powell would need to split 8.5x to catch Dixon!!

Comment

Hell I'm jus worried about them getting the stick around...

Comment

We'll see, we can juxtapose all day long about if and but's and maybe's. The day of the race is what matters, we don't know what Blake or anyone else will run that day, U.S. included.

I'll put Rodgers against Frater and go from there, it's on and poppin.
              on the road

Comment

Anybody willing to admit yet that it is going to take a major mistake on the exchanges for the Jamaican team to lose in Berlin?

Blake's 9.93 in the pouring rain? Heck, Jamaica has 3 of the top 5 men right now. How can anybody seriously believe that the US will win?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                  And quite frankly until someone knocks AF out of the spot the coaches do not have a reason to move her.
                  While this is a men's thread...I am curious as to what it would take to "knock" AF out of a spot...not this I don't suppose....

Official Results - Women - 100 Metres - Wind : +0.2 m/s
                  Pos Athlete Nat Mark
                  1 Kerron Stewart JAM 10.99
                  2 Chandra Sturrup BAH 11.15
                  3 Aleen Bailey JAM 11.26
                  4 Alexandria Anderson USA 11.27
                  5 LaShauntea Moore USA 11.31
                  6 Lauryn Williams USA 11.31
                  7 Kelly-Ann Baptiste TRI 11.34
                  8 Allyson Felix USA 11.49
                  9 Myriam Soumaré FRA 11.51
                  I fully understand she'll be on the relay but she just hasn't shown the form IMO to warrant a spot over any of the top 5 women in the 100 finals at USAs.

Comment

I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?

Comment

• I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?

Comment

• I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                          Anybody willing to admit yet that it is going to take a major mistake on the exchanges for the Jamaican team to lose in Berlin?

Blake's 9.93 in the pouring rain? Heck, Jamaica has 3 of the top 5 men right now. How can anybody seriously believe that the US will win?
                          Nope, since we like bringing up past performances, Jamaica men were favored to win in Osaka. I'll take theU.S. chances with an inexperienced Blake on that relay.
                          on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                            I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?
                            What pressure? He performs well everytime he's out.
                            Afrikan

Comment

• Originally posted by Taliban
                              Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                              What pressure? He performs well everytime he's out.
                              This will be his first time on a stage of this magnitude, the talk of running sub 37, trying to defeat the defending champs. The U.S., defending champs in this one :wink:
                              on the road

Comment

• Osaka was 2 years ago....... a lot has happened since then.

Without Blake the JA team would have been favorites, but his emergence makes them heavy favorites. You keep pointing to the fact that he is young and inexperienced. I've seen some of the best performances come from "inexperienced" runners on big stages. Plus, he seems to be a cool customer. He's VERY relaxed prior to the start of races.

Honestly, it sounds like some of you are just trying to convince youyselves that team USA has a chance.

The Americans will have the lead after the first leg but from there it will be a Jamaica runaway. Blake is better than any of us had thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X