Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your top 4 for the USA 4x100 men's realy team.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Taliban
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?
    What pressure? He performs well everytime he's out.
    This will be his first time on a stage of this magnitude, the talk of running sub 37, trying to defeat the defending champs. The U.S., defending champs in this one :wink:
    Hey, it's fair to say the USA is under tremendous pressure to get the baton around the track!!

Don't be fool by Yohan Blake inexperience. This guy has been the anchor for Jamaica's Junior teams for years now, so he's used to World Stage even though this will be his first time at major senior Championships. Him being on first leg, will be more jittery than him being on second leg. More likely he will be place on SECOND LEG, and there I think he will do some serious damage on that backstretch. The coaches will have him focus and getting him repetitions with the exchanges with both Frater and Bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
      Osaka was 2 years ago....... a lot has happened since then.

Without Blake the JA team would have been favorites, but his emergence makes them heavy favorites. You keep pointing to the fact that he is young and inexperienced. I've seen some of the best performances come from "inexperienced" runners on big stages. Plus, he seems to be a cool customer. He's VERY relaxed prior to the start of races.

Honestly, it sounds like some of you are just trying to convince youyselves that team USA has a chance.

The Americans will have the lead after the first leg but from there it will be a Jamaica runaway. Blake is better than any of us had thought.
      I realize when Osaka was, again my pont is exactly that, it's in the past, just like Beijing is in the rearview. But you know what, that doesn't stop folks from keep bringing that up. We'll see how cool a customer he is, won't will, someone will be wrong and someone right. :wink:
      on the road

Comment

• Ah, Speed, you know if you were Jamaican coach you'd pick him. Be honest now. "God" is watching. :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
          Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
          I hope for the USA's sake, that Jamaica puts the rookie, Blake, on the relay. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure?
          This will be his first time on a stage of this magnitude, the talk of running sub 37, trying to defeat the defending champs. The U.S., defending champs in this one :wink:
          When has being the defending champion ever really meant anything?

Comment

• [quote=track_expert]
            Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Originally posted by "Bruce Kritzler":1oukws7c
            When has being the defending champion ever really meant anything?[/quote:1oukws7c]

It's handy in sports where there is seeding involved as it means you get an easier ride through rounds.

Comment

• Let's face it, after last yr's fiasco, team JA are the odds on fav's! However, it's always pressure on every team, especially when u SHOULD have ur main comp in the race! Blake is fast but don't overrate him being dominant to other sprinters as that has yet to be shown. IMO, Gay vs Bolt on 3rd is almost a wash if both have good exchanges, the importance will be on every other leg

Comment

• [quote="EZSum"]Ah, Speed, you know if you were Jamaican coach you'd pick him. Be honest now. "God" is watching. :lol:[/quote

Sure I would in a heart beat, doesn't change him being inexperienced, he would simply be my runner with the inexperience.
                on the road

Comment

• [quote=track_expert]
                  Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  Originally posted by "Bruce Kritzler":1w708k6x
                  When has being the defending champion ever really meant anything?[/quote:1w708k6x]

In the scheme of things with respect to feeling pressure, i gave a list of potiental reasons and that was one of them. You may not feel it's a valid reason no problem, however it won't be you on the track as an inexperienced runner, who's know what he'll be thinking.
                  on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                    I can assure you that the problem with Blake if any would be ability to go through the rounds.

I stand certain that Blake has a full unit of relay experience over most other athletes with whom he will be competing. Never doubt the competitive edge acquired from the Jamaican high school system (see VCB's various quotes to secret to her competitive edge).
                    You can youtube Blake at Penns 2006&2007 and you will see what I mean. If anything you guys should be more worried about Blake being included rather than not.

Further, if not worried about Asafa (who count for count has less relays than Blake) then Blake should be cool.

Training with the world's fastest and hypest athlete has to instill a certain level of competence and confidence in a guy.

Further, check the world leading relay times this year and see who is on one of those teams!!

Comment

• ...or you can ignore all I just said and wait to see Racers Track club line up at London next week in the 400 relay.
                      ....."a child shall lead them"

Comment

• US men's 4x100

Hey i started this thread. It was about the men's 4x100 for the US, BUT IT has been taken over about the Jamaican team. Get your own thread. By the way Blake will be fine. Your weak link is Frater. US should be ahead after the first leg. Would you rather have 100 meter runners totally or use 2 or more 200 meter guys on the team. I saw somebody say something about that the other day. Names like Wallace Spearmon, Walter Dix, even X.man Carter if he runs some fast 200's in Europe would be better than Rae Edwards, Leroy Dixon , and Travis Padgett. Who would you like to see run if al the guys are in top form.

Comment

• Re: US men's 4x100

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar
                          Hey i started this thread. It was about the men's 4x100 for the US, BUT IT has been taken over about the Jamaican team. Get your own thread. By the way Blake will be fine. Your weak link is Frater. US should be ahead after the first leg. Would you rather have 100 meter runners totally or use 2 or more 200 meter guys on the team. I saw somebody say something about that the other day. Names like Wallace Spearmon, Walter Dix, even X.man Carter if he runs some fast 200's in Europe would be better than Rae Edwards, Leroy Dixon , and Travis Padgett. Who would you like to see run if al the guys are in top form.
                          X-Man done for this season, D.O. gave the update on this. I could see Wally as an option, Crawford.
                          on the road

Comment

• US men's 4x100

Thanks for update on X . Unfortunate , X has so much potential. I would go Crawford, Patton, Tyson, and Rogers in that order. If Walter is running wel then you put him in for Crawford or Rogers. What if Wallace runs some good times in the deuce in Europe. Could see a team of Dix, Wallace, Gay, and Patton too. I would rather have Ivory williams than Padgett( remids me of Leonard Scott too much, ties up really bad., ) and Rae Edwards.

Comment

• Rae Edwards is a beast on the relay. His speed comes out at the end so I am quite sure he is capable, as long as his fitness is there.

Tyson, Patton and Rodgers have earned their spot, the 4th leg is the question. Again, is Dix ix healthy and training going well, then he'd have to be considered.

Wally, while always a good relay runner, has lost his advantage with Gay as they no longer train together, nor has performed well enough to get the nod over others. Crawford is another option who's shown great curve ability. Though Not sure how he would be on leadoff. Either way, I am sure he could run better that 7 other teams in that final on leadoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by knite
                                Rae Edwards is a beast on the relay. His speed comes out at the end so I am quite sure he is capable, as long as his fitness is there.

Tyson, Patton and Rodgers have earned their spot, the 4th leg is the question. Again, is Dix ix healthy and training going well, then he'd have to be considered.

Wally, while always a good relay runner, has lost his advantage with Gay as they no longer train together, nor has performed well enough to get the nod over others. Crawford is another option who's shown great curve ability. Though Not sure how he would be on leadoff. Either way, I am sure he could run better that 7 other teams in that final on leadoff.
                                Exactly.
                                And thats all he would need to do.
                                Same as Walter Dix. I keep going back to Penn. If we can get somebody to do what Dix did, we have a chance. We absolutely MUST choose the right guys for 1 & 2, or its game over for us. Yohan will run a very strong 2nd. We need a top end terror to offset that. You know what? If Dix were to "somehow" by blessing get to where he was a year ago, he'd be my guy for 2nd actually, because Crawford would scorch 1st leg. He'd be better than Frater on the curve. But Dix is in the same boat as Spearmon, I'm afraid. Too many "ifs". What needs to happen is Dix needs to have his butt in relay camp. The US needs to be running some A and B team 4X1's at as many meets as they can before Berlin to see who can go where. Then we'll know more about who'll be ready after the 100 & 200 is over and the relay rounds start.
                                ....We had better start worrying.

Comment

Working...
                                X