X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    I would make Jelimo the definite favourite now. She's only going to get better from now on and I think she'll be in 1:56-1:57 shape by Berlin.

This event is a bit of a lottery though :?
    i kind of agree with that but i don't think she can be definate favourite if he's 'only' running 1.56/7 there are plenty of runners who can potentially run that time and we have no idea how Jelimo competes in close races and nor does she, we have only ever seen here run away from fields and win my miles. i wouldn't bet against Benhassi's tactical brilliance and finish in a 1.56/7 race

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    I would make Jelimo the definite favourite now. She's only going to get better from now on and I think she'll be in 1:56-1:57 shape by Berlin.

This event is a bit of a lottery though :?

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by bhall
    Jelimo 1:59.59 for the win. Looked better.
    be afraid
    While she's rounding into shape, she's 4 seconds off where she would have been last year, so the question now is is she prepared to go 3 rounds in Berlin? And the other question is Jepkosgei's shape.
    I am starting to mull over my medal picks for a prediction contest I am doing and the women's 800m is going to be very tough......
    i agree and right now i would go with benhassi but although 1.59 is a long way from 1.54 Jelimo won't need to be in 1.54 shape to win in Berlin and someone with her amaaaaaaaaazing talent 1.56 is not o far away i wouldn't be at all suprised if she run such a time inthe very near future and is back in top shape in a months time

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    be afraid
    While she's rounding into shape, she's 4 seconds off where she would have been last year, so the question now is is she prepared to go 3 rounds in Berlin? And the other question is Jepkosgei's shape.
    I am starting to mull over my medal picks for a prediction contest I am doing and the women's 800m is going to be very tough......

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutra
    m800 - Mansour 1:45.28, Manzano 3rd appeared to be under 1:46
    1:46.20 for Leo
    Very nice! Will he make the final in Berlin? Lomong on the other hand is going the other way.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    be afraid

Leave a comment:

• K.I.R.
    replied
    Re: Teg!!!

Originally posted by jello
    Has looked significantly better in each of his 5 races this year!
    Cardinal
    Pre
    USAs
    Heusden

I believe he's only raced four times.

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    be afraid

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    Riley wins the B heat in 13:21.65. Tim Nelson sets a pb of 13:24.87 in finishing second, ahead of Abdi, then Vaughn, both 13:26, and then Quigley in 13:28. Bauhs also sets a pb of 13:28.92.
    Edited to reflect altered results.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    Tegenkamp 13:07.97 for 2nd place.
    I believe this ties Teg with Lagat in having run three sub 13:08 5000s. The only other U.S. runner with this many sub 13:08 5000s is Kennedy, who is in double digits.

Leave a comment:

• jello
    replied
    Teg!!!

Yo da man!!!!!! Has looked significantly better in each of his 5 races this year!
    I believe that he has 3 5k's under 13:10 now (only 2nd American born to have done that)

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Tegenkamp 13:07.97 for 2nd place.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Teg 13:08-13:09. Didn't look pressed.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    With 800 to go Teg in 5th. Appears he'll get the A standard.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    I knew we shouldn't write her off just yet.

i fully expect her to win at the WC's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X