Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what the FSU school calendar looks like. But if they are on the semester system then there were no classes for a pretty big chunk of that time period. The 2009 academic calendar for I found says finals ended 4/30.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze7
      [......
      One of the reasons for the sudden rise in Jamaican runners is that most of them are no longer interested in coming stateside......
      Yet no less a figure than Stephen Francis said in May that Jamaicans should take U.S. scholarships if they can:

http://www.aipsmedia.com/index.php?page ... =3487&tp=n

Comment

GH

Take a look at the BBC article below. It discusses Jamaica's rise. Clubs like MVP track club were started with the theme "keeping talents home" because many talented Jamaican runners used to get lost in the shuffle for the various reasons I mentioned above

http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/sto ... hips.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by kamikaze7
          [......
          One of the reasons for the sudden rise in Jamaican runners is that most of them are no longer interested in coming stateside......
          Yet no less a figure than Stephen Francis said in May that Jamaicans should take U.S. scholarships if they can:

http://www.aipsmedia.com/index.php?page ... =3487&tp=n
          I read the article and he actually agrees with me

"The only youngster we've ever had who was world class in high school is Usain Bolt - meaning he was near the top of the sport - and in cases like his, where you can transition easily I can say 'OK, he should consider not going to college or not going to college abroad or going to college in a different type of scenario where he can both train, be compensated for his talent and earn an education,'" explained the MVP's CEO and co-founder.
          Notice I said elite athletes should not go to US colleges. This is true in every sport because very few sportpeople will actually earn a living from the sport. So if you are non-Elite athlete you are probably better off pursuing an education. But if you are Shelley Ann or Asafa or Sherone or Novlene or Usain or Kerron, you are better off at MVP track club.

This is true for Borlee as well. He could be out there making money from endorsements instead of risking injury to run for a scholarship. With the money he makes, he can pursue an education once his track career is finished.

Comment

What a load of bezinksel. The top 70 times/performances ever in the 400 are by....US athletes. And the #71 interloper? Went to college in the USA.

If they didn't want to race, they should have stayed home.

Comment

Kamikaze. Agreed and points well made, unlike the cheap and rather trite stuff I have come to expect from someone who should know better.

Thats the way it is for those outside America, The cultural differences are large and America aint your home.!!!

Thank the Lord that Coe, Ovett, Cram,. Elliott, Christie., Jackson, Gunnell, Black and others ignored the offers to go to American University!!!! Hurrah for them.

Let it be a warning to others tempted by the almighty Dollar ( not so almighty these days, actually)

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                Yea, it is possible that they are simply too good for the NCAA and shouldn't have made the move.
                Don't say that I want to see these guys run indoor.

Comment

And in a related development (see front page), Simon Fraser has become the first Canadian university to join the NCAA.

Comment

Who exactly held the gun to their heads and MADE them come to America? Or anyone else for that matter? Do we even know if maybe there was something in his history with respect to this current injury?
                    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
                      Thank the Lord that Coe, Ovett, Cram,. Elliott, Christie., Jackson, Gunnell, Black and others ignored the offers to go to American University!!!! Hurrah for them.

Let it be a warning to others tempted by the almighty Dollar ( not so almighty these days, actually)
                      The only reason they didn't go for the almighty Dollar is because the British government's support system provided them with a like number of Pounds. Add on big-meet winnings and their annual earnings would make an NCAA athlete look like a pauper.

Comment

Is Kevin Injured as well?

Comment

No. Won today wearing FSU uniform.

Comment

[quote=But if you are Shelley Ann or Asafa or Sherone or Novlene or Usain or Kerron, you are better off at MVP track club.[/quote]

Didn't Novlene (Florida) and Kerron (Auburn) develop at US colleges?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              Who exactly held the gun to their heads and MADE them come to America? Or anyone else for that matter? Do we even know if maybe there was something in his history with respect to this current injury?

You should have omitted that line.
                              Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
                                No. Won today wearing FSU uniform.
                                In what time and where?

Comment

Working...
                                X