Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt has already won the worlds

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Gordon18
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Usain bolt will be 2009 world 100m and 200m and 4x100m champion.

    Didnt you say in another post that nothings certain in sports
    Im merily stating my confidence in Bolt
    Bolt will win the 100 and 200 over Gay and Powell, this is also including both those guys are absolute 100%.
    Uncertaintity is things such as injuries.. stumbling.. horrible starts, etc. But barring any of that, a average/below average start for Bolt, and Gay runs the best race of his life, Bolt will sweep him out FOR SURE.

    Bolt is in the middle of 200m prep. (as said by himself) and wont be running absolute peaking times until Berlin. I know you guys all love and hope to see world records every time these guys step on the track, but unless he's soo fast that he's too far ahead of his former self, he wont be breaking any records until hes in peak form.
    Dont forget he ran a 9.90 with a similar reaction time and no rain/headwind at the same time of the year last year as when he ran the 9.79 on friday... he's doing very well and will not be defeated. And for you people who ramble on about mental issues, etc. Bolt CLEARLY is not affected by that... come on guys.. nuggets and video games on the "big day."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 110hedgeNYC
      I don't agree that Gay is psyched out.

      He seems confident and he seems to be executing his training and competiion plans for 2009 supremely well.

      Hard to argue with 9.77 and 19.58 WLs.

      Figuring out how to beat someone like Bolt must seem impossible, at times.

      Bolt is the clear favorite in Berlin in the 100 and 200. No doubt.

      That said, however, I truly believe that Gay could suprise - and that Gay will make things very interesting.

      I almost think that Gay might have a better shot in the 200. Gay is a better turn runner than Bolt. If he can apply some pressure to Bolt coming off the turn, he's got a chance of holding on.
      This is the best , most balanced review of the Bolt Vs. Gay discussion I've seen .

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by 110hedgeNYC
        I don't agree that Gay is psyched out.

        He seems confident and he seems to be executing his training and competiion plans for 2009 supremely well.

        Hard to argue with 9.77 and 19.58 WLs.

        Figuring out how to beat someone like Bolt must seem impossible, at times.

        Bolt is the clear favorite in Berlin in the 100 and 200. No doubt.

        That said, however, I truly believe that Gay could suprise - and that Gay will make things very interesting.

        I almost think that Gay might have a better shot in the 200. Gay is a better turn runner than Bolt. If he can apply some pressure to Bolt coming off the turn, he's got a chance of holding on.
        Based on what? Bolt has fastest 3rd leg split in the 4x1 and fastest bend ever in a 200. And beat Gay off the bend in 2007.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Marlow
          Originally posted by track_expert
          Usain bolt will be 2009 world 100m and 200m and 4x100m champion.
          Thus spoke the track_expert. As it is written, so shall it be . . . :wink:
          Marlow, you're just jealous because the "track_expert" averages over 40 posts per day. I think you've met your match :lol: However, you do raise a point. It is difficult to know to whom one should pay heed: guru, guruoftrack, trackguru, and on and on and on....what a treasure trove of genius...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by track_expert
            Originally posted by 110hedgeNYC
            I don't agree that Gay is psyched out.

            He seems confident and he seems to be executing his training and competiion plans for 2009 supremely well.

            Hard to argue with 9.77 and 19.58 WLs.

            Figuring out how to beat someone like Bolt must seem impossible, at times.

            Bolt is the clear favorite in Berlin in the 100 and 200. No doubt.

            That said, however, I truly believe that Gay could suprise - and that Gay will make things very interesting.

            I almost think that Gay might have a better shot in the 200. Gay is a better turn runner than Bolt. If he can apply some pressure to Bolt coming off the turn, he's got a chance of holding on.
            Based on what? Bolt has fastest 3rd leg split in the 4x1 and fastest bend ever in a 200. And beat Gay off the bend in 2007.
            True
            Afrikan

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 2 cents
              Marlow, you're just jealous because the "track_expert" averages over 40 posts per day.
              Joined: 12 Jul 2009
              Total posts: 250
              [0.05% of total / 41.67 posts per day]
              Find all posts by track_expert
              Yikes - my '15 minutes' IS up!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Gordon18
                Originally posted by track_expert
                Usain bolt will be 2009 world 100m and 200m and 4x100m champion.

                Didnt you say in another post that nothings certain in sports
                Yes he did, along with almost definitely in the same sentence. Can't have it both ways, can you?
                on the road

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by track_expert
                  Based on what? Bolt has fastest 3rd leg split in the 4x1 and fastest bend ever in a 200. And beat Gay off the bend in 2007.
                  Beating someone off the curve is not actually an indication that you are a better turn runner because the 200 is not absolutely all-out all the way like the 100 is. It depends on how much you expend on the curve to get there. I think that Bolt spent too much of his capital (compared to Gay) on that curve and Gay beat him as a result.

                  But, hey, TE has a much better background, especially sprint background than me.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I hate the fact that I'm even responding to a WWJ discussion thread because,well, I won't comment...

                    But - what on earth has led you to believe that he's psyched out? He's run a PR in the 200 and a =AR in the 100. He's fit as hell.

                    If Tyson Gay doesn't win in Berlin it's because Bolt is from another planet, not because he's psyched out.

                    I know, WWJ, I'm sure you thing I'm rong. But that's my opinion.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by 26mi235
                      Originally posted by track_expert
                      Based on what? Bolt has fastest 3rd leg split in the 4x1 and fastest bend ever in a 200. And beat Gay off the bend in 2007.
                      Beating someone off the curve is not actually an indication that you are a better turn runner because the 200 is not absolutely all-out all the way like the 100 is. It depends on how much you expend on the curve to get there. I think that Bolt spent too much of his capital (compared to Gay) on that curve and Gay beat him as a result.

                      But, hey, TE has a much better background, especially sprint background than me.
                      Im aware of that, but his relay split was faster than Gay's in 07, in fact fastest ever 3rd leg split.
                      You dont have any stats to back up Gay's a better bend runner, simply make the claim because hes a really good runner at running the bend... doesnt mean he's better than Bolt just because you assume he is.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BCBaroo
                        I hate the fact that I'm even responding to a WWJ discussion thread because,well, I won't comment...

                        But - what on earth has led you to believe that he's psyched out? He's run a PR in the 200 and a =AR in the 100. He's fit as hell.

                        If Tyson Gay doesn't win in Berlin it's because Bolt is from another planet, not because he's psyched out.

                        I know, WWJ, I'm sure you thing I'm rong. But that's my opinion.
                        So what? He ran 9.77 easing up last year and had the 19.62 in not the best conditions... nothing he's showing is new but he should have a nice peak.
                        Do you really think the Bolt of Beijing at the very least or much more likely.. a BETTER Bolt would get beat by a man with a PR of 9.77/19.58 ? vs. his own... 9.69(9.63)/19.30 (-0.9)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Mr. Bolt should have a nice peak, but in his own words, he is still behind schedule against last year's epic season. If you rely on the veracity of Mr. Bolt's statements and don't consider him to be erroneous in his judgment, then he may not enter Berlin a better, faster sprinter than he was in Beijing. Consequently, if he is not yet on last year's form, and Mr. Gay is ahead of Mr. Bolt this season, it is not impossible that Mr. Gay will defeat Mr. Bolt in one or both of the sprint finals if Mr. Bolt doesn't match last year's form in time.
                          Fire Impossible.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Correct me if I am wrong, did Tyson and Bolt have equal splits in the 4x100
                            at 9.00?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 3
                              Mr. Bolt should have a nice peak, but in his own words, he is still behind schedule against last year's epic season. If you rely on the veracity of Mr. Bolt's statements and don't consider him to be erroneous in his judgment, then he may not enter Berlin a better, faster sprinter than he was in Beijing. Consequently, if he is not yet on last year's form, and Mr. Gay is ahead of Mr. Bolt this season, it is not impossible that Mr. Gay will defeat Mr. Bolt in one or both of the sprint finals if Mr. Bolt doesn't match last year's form in time.
                              i don't understand why bolt says that, because he is ahead this year basic in both sprints, considering that he should be ahead of last years form come berlin, but hey thats not how it goes im guessing

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yeah Bolt at the start probably didn't train as much as 08 but his starting point in 09 was superior. 9.69 n 19.30 compared to 10 flat and 19.75 he was probably good for 9.9 that season though.

                                Its easier to get back to a certain level if you've been there before, rather than actually getting to a certain level. Like weight lifting, if someone has say benched 120kg and not trained for a while and goes down to say 90kg and another person is on 100kg, the person benching 90kg would get to 120kg first imo

                                Plus how much training did Bolt actually miss, he must of been doing some just to keep his fitness ticking over.

                                Whatever happened early on in his training, he's in great shape now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X