X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Atheist
    replied
    If you are as big of a cinema fan as people say you are, you will appreciate my simile.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    This entire thread has been nothing but a full-fledged violation of the core principle of the board, to wit:

The T&FN Forums—Facts, Not Fiction

:!: :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

FACT #1: This woman does not fuck around:

http://www.ica.org.uk/thumbnail.php?max=408&id=901

FACT #2: Usain Bolt doesn't either.

It's gonna get scaaaaaaaaaaaaaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I promise.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    I accept that Powell is NOT 100%.............but how do we KNOW Bolt is or Gay. They could be have some injury as well that we haven't heard about. We are assuming things that we shouldnt.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    This entire thread has been nothing but a full-fledged violation of the core principle of the board, to wit:

The T&FN Forums—Facts, Not Fiction

:!: :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Gebrucilassie
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Daniel Bailey is making some noise, but he isn't in Powell's class. And I think with the focus on Bolt and Gay there won't be as much pressure on Powell to do well. With that in mind, here are my predictions for the 100m and 200m mens' final in Berlin:

100m

1st Bolt - 9.61
    2nd Gay - 9.68
    3rd Powell - 9.79
    4th Bailey - 9.88
    5th Thompson - 9.92
    6th Rodgers - 9.94
    7th Patton - 9.95
    8th Frater - 9.99

Like I said in previous forums, this is going to be a very fast 100m.

200m

1st Bolt - 19.25
    2nd Gay - 19.38
    3rd Spearman - 19.90
    4th Crawford - 19.92

Put it in stone........

So, let me get this right. Tyson runs a 19.58 in his FIRST 200 of the year on a track that doesn't have as generous curve ratio as Bolt had in his race and he has NO shot at being world champ? Did I get that right? Puleeeze
    Let me put it this way.

Bolt's 200m time in Berlin is going to be scarier than the woman in Takashi Miike's Audition.

And if you don't know how scary that woman is, I'll tell you how scary she is. She is 19.10 seconds in the 200 meter dash scary. I got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Tyson Gay is going to PR in Berlin, but he's still going to lose by at least 3 tenths of a second. KuhTHUNK!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gebrucilassie
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Daniel Bailey is making some noise, but he isn't in Powell's class. And I think with the focus on Bolt and Gay there won't be as much pressure on Powell to do well. With that in mind, here are my predictions for the 100m and 200m mens' final in Berlin:

100m

1st Bolt - 9.61
    2nd Gay - 9.68
    3rd Powell - 9.79
    4th Bailey - 9.88
    5th Thompson - 9.92
    6th Rodgers - 9.94
    7th Patton - 9.95
    8th Frater - 9.99

Like I said in previous forums, this is going to be a very fast 100m.

200m

1st Bolt - 19.25
    2nd Gay - 19.38
    3rd Spearman - 19.90
    4th Crawford - 19.92

Put it in stone........

So, let me get this right. Tyson runs a 19.58 in his FIRST 200 of the year on a track that doesn't have as generous curve ratio as Bolt had in his race and he has NO shot at being world champ? Did I get that right? Puleeeze

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    yada yada yada....how can he not be fit and split relay times in same meet and as Knite stated drop world leading times shortly afterwards, y'all need to get real, wake up and smell the coffeee

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    [quote=knite]
    Originally posted by track_expert
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by "The Atheist":31jgg8t8
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by RamGoat

I don't know how you guys write Powell off so easily. Wait until Stockholm.. you will see what I am talking about. I saw it in Gay's eyes in that run.. Ever been rushed by guard dog at the mall? that is how Gay looked, Moose in the headlights. :shock: 110% adrenalin. He should have been wise to behave even sedentary..He showed all his cards... hehehe.. not a smart move..

Stockholm, how bout Asafa winning a major gold, you can continue to offer excuse after excuse for Asafa, doesn't change the outcome. No one writing Asafa off, simply waiting for him to win the big one, all this other nonsense you get bringing up is old
    It's not really very complicated:

1. A healthy Powell is faster than a healthy Gay, over 100 meters. We all know this.

2. Powell is not healthy this year, therefore he is slower than Gay this year. We all know this.

3. The end.
    He's healthy enough, ur not running 9.8 anything while not being very close. I don't know why that is continually ignored.

According to the MVP camp, he's injured every yr. So what changes, it hasn't stopped Asafa from blowing the doors off of races any other times. "supposedly wasn't 100% in '07, then goes and runs 9.74, and 9.78 in a span of 50 minutes...let's end this continued theme about Asafa's fitness. You either show up or not.
    He still isnt 100%
    BTW, it was a span of about 2 hours, not 50 minutes :P
    The point is...he's never 100%.

That's been stated for yrs now.[/quote:31jgg8t8]

Well all I know is this:

1. I want to have an affair with Kara Goucher.

2. The end.

ops:

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    [quote=track_expert]
    Originally posted by "The Atheist":3q2wzorb

I don't know how you guys write Powell off so easily. Wait until Stockholm.. you will see what I am talking about. I saw it in Gay's eyes in that run.. Ever been rushed by guard dog at the mall? that is how Gay looked, Moose in the headlights. :shock: 110% adrenalin. He should have been wise to behave even sedentary..He showed all his cards... hehehe.. not a smart move..

Stockholm, how bout Asafa winning a major gold, you can continue to offer excuse after excuse for Asafa, doesn't change the outcome. No one writing Asafa off, simply waiting for him to win the big one, all this other nonsense you get bringing up is old

1. A healthy Powell is faster than a healthy Gay, over 100 meters. We all know this.

2. Powell is not healthy this year, therefore he is slower than Gay this year. We all know this.

3. The end.
    He's healthy enough, ur not running 9.8 anything while not being very close. I don't know why that is continually ignored.

According to the MVP camp, he's injured every yr. So what changes, it hasn't stopped Asafa from blowing the doors off of races any other times. "supposedly wasn't 100% in '07, then goes and runs 9.74, and 9.78 in a span of 50 minutes...let's end this continued theme about Asafa's fitness. You either show up or not.
    He still isnt 100%
    BTW, it was a span of about 2 hours, not 50 minutes :P[/quote:3q2wzorb]

The point is...he's never 100%.

That's been stated for yrs now.

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by The Atheist

3. The end.

He still isnt 100%
    BTW, it was a span of about 2 hours, not 50 minutes :P

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

3. The end.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

3. The end.
    You cats crack me up, how do we even know Asafa is still able to run at a 9.77 clip? Enough already with the health crap, again Asafa is this that or the other come big meet. But same big meet, he kills a rely leg, plain that?

Theoritcally Asafa faster, if Asafa were faster, what happened in Osaka? Was he faster on that day, you know the answer.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied

3. The end.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Bolt is quite a bit better at the 200 this season than he was last season.

Last season Bolt's best 200m time before the Olympics was 19.67

This season Bolt ran a 19.59 in some of the worst race conditions in the history of track and field.
    The time by itself does not properly reveal Mr. Bolt's shape last season. He won the Tsiklitiria 200m race by 0.69s. What would he have run if pressed by a 20-flat or 19.90 instead of the 20.36 Brendan Christian tossed at him?
    He was pushed even less hard in Lausanne than he was in Tsiklitiria. Not to even mention that he probably would've gone a couple tenths of a second faster in Lausanne if he would've had the conditions he had in Tisklitiria instead of the apocolyptic conditions he had this time.

Face it. Bolt is faster at the 200 this year than he was last year.

He's going to go faster in Berlin in the 200 than he did in Beijing.

There is nothing weird about a 19.10 prediction. At all. You guys just aren't used to those kind of numbers. Well, that's what's going to happen, so you all better put on some diapers, cuz you're gonna shit your pants when you realize how right I was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X