X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by The Atheist
    Bolt is quite a bit better at the 200 this season than he was last season.

Last season Bolt's best 200m time before the Olympics was 19.67

This season Bolt ran a 19.59 in some of the worst race conditions in the history of track and field.
    The time by itself does not properly reveal Mr. Bolt's shape last season. He won the Tsiklitiria 200m race by 0.69s. What would he have run if pressed by a 20-flat or 19.90 instead of the 20.36 Brendan Christian tossed at him?

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Originally posted by scratchman
    For the 100m I'll go with:

Bolt: 9.60-basic

Gay: 9.75-basic

Powell: No faster than 9.70-basic, but maybe MUCH much slower (since he gets all weird in huge races)

Bailey: 9.85-basic

Everyone else: 9.90-basic or slower

Then for the 200m I'll go with:

Bolt: 19.10-basic

Gay: 19.50-basic

Everyone else: 19.80-basic or slower
    19.1?
    :lol:
    Am I missing something?

Bolt is quite a bit better at the 200 this season than he was last season.

Last season Bolt's best 200m time before the Olympics was 19.67

This season Bolt ran a 19.59 in some of the worst race conditions in the history of track and field.

He looks on pace to be several tenths of a second faster in the 200 this year than he was last year. I actually think 19.10-basic is a fairly conservative estimate. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better at the 200 than he is at the 100, and he's the best in the world at 100, so yea, you better bet your ass he is going 19 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW in Berlin. REALLY really really low.

And that 19.30 shit last year was into a headwind. Think about it. He's BETTER at the 200 this year than last year. If he gets any kind of tailwind in Berlin, he could go sub 19.

Y'all better buy yourselves some good cameras, cuz this shit is about to get REAL.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by scratchman
    I'm sure it wont be 19.1 (basic :roll: ) to 19.50(basic :roll: )
    No way Bolt beats Gay by that kinda margin.
    I'm guessing
    1. Bolt 19.4x
    2. Gay 19.5x
    3. Crawford 19.8x

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Sounds like there is some noise in JA about replacing Frater with Blake in the open 100m. Frater would have to give up his spot (don't see anybody doing that) but there is language in the selection rules that says if a player doesn't demonstrate that they are in good shape for WC then he/she can be replaced. If Blake runs another good race it wouldn't surprise me if Frater has some kind of injury and Blake is selected to run in his place. Remember, Blake finished SIXTH at the JA trials, so he still has to leap frog Anderson and Mullings as well.

But don't be surprised if the word comes down from the selection committee that they want Blake to run.

If he runs, he could end up in the medal mix in Berlin (this assuming Asafa does his usual disappearing).
    definitely wont happen

Leave a comment:

• scratchman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by bluequiet
    [basic]
    1.Usain Bolt-------(9.64)
    2.Tyson Gay-------(9.69)
    3.Asafa Powell----(9.86)
    4.Daniel Bailey----(9.92)
    I agree, but I'd switch 3rd and 4th. I think Bailey is ready to see himself beating Powell, and Powell's history in a final is still an issue.
    I think his presdictions are on point.
    Powell might get somewhere in the 9.7's, but his finish wont change.
    I'd be interested to see his 200 predictions.
    I'm sure it wont be 19.1 (basic :roll: ) to 19.50(basic :roll: )
    No way Bolt beats Gay by that kinda margin.

Leave a comment:

• scratchman
    replied

Powell: No faster than 9.70-basic, but maybe MUCH much slower (since he gets all weird in huge races)

19.1?
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    So they would take a perfectly healthy athlete off the team and place Blake on the team?

Now that is drama...I can't imagine MVP being at all thrilled about that thought and would, IMO, cause major ruckus with the politics inside JA's borders.

Frater might pull a "Tonya Harding" on one of them Racer's athletes if that were the case...lol

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Sounds like there is some noise in JA about replacing Frater with Blake in the open 100m. Frater would have to give up his spot (don't see anybody doing that) but there is language in the selection rules that says if a player doesn't demonstrate that they are in good shape for WC then he/she can be replaced. If Blake runs another good race it wouldn't surprise me if Frater has some kind of injury and Blake is selected to run in his place. Remember, Blake finished SIXTH at the JA trials, so he still has to leap frog Anderson and Mullings as well.

But don't be surprised if the word comes down from the selection committee that they want Blake to run.

If he runs, he could end up in the medal mix in Berlin (this assuming Asafa does his usual disappearing).
    Bolt Powell Frater WILL be Jamaica's entrants in the men's 100m in Berlin barring injury to anyone

Leave a comment:

• scratchman
    replied
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    So called Injury? Oh i see... this is a facade to keep up the hopes of the regular Tyson fan.hmmm just hide the fact that AP was recovering from Injury so the chances of a TG win in Berlin look even better..lol

There was a breakdown of the Video on sprint zone, and it was generally agreed that Asafa did not have proper leg movement and was running one sided.

The man is a BEAST for running 9.88 on a healing ankle. You have to watch the video again and be really open minded to see the potential danger that lies in wait for Tyson Gay in Stockholm. It would have been better for Gay to shut down to a 9.86 in Rome, and even worse he shouldn't have told us that he runs 100% all the time. At least his maximum potential would have been a mystery. But he gave it all away. 9.79 basic. Maurice Greene already did that in '99 :lol:

I don't know how you guys write Powell off so easily. Wait until Stockholm.. you will see what I am talking about. I saw it in Gay's eyes in that run.. Ever been rushed by guard dog at the mall? that is how Gay looked, Moose in the headlights. :shock: 110% adrenalin. He should have been wise to behave even sedentary..He showed all his cards... hehehe.. not a smart move..
    Ha!
    Danger??? Potential???
    Weve been waiting for this "breakout" for quite some time now.
    Listen, fact is NO ONE'S scared of Powell dude.
    The only person(including Powell) that thinks he will beat Tyson is you.
    And since when has Tyson NOT looked like a moose in headlights?
    You cant judge based on his facial expression.
    :roll: I cant wait till August.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    So called Injury? Oh i see... this is a facade to keep up the hopes of the regular Tyson fan.hmmm just hide the fact that AP was recovering from Injury so the chances of a TG win in Berlin look even better..lol

There was a breakdown of the Video on sprint zone, and it was generally agreed that Asafa did not have proper leg movement and was running one sided.

The man is a BEAST for running 9.88 on a healing ankle. You have to watch the video again and be really open minded to see the potential danger that lies in wait for Tyson Gay in Stockholm. It would have been better for Gay to shut down to a 9.86 in Rome, and even worse he shouldn't have told us that he runs 100% all the time. At least his maximum potential would have been a mystery. But he gave it all away. 9.79 basic. Maurice Greene already did that in '99 :lol:

I don't know how you guys write Powell off so easily. Wait until Stockholm.. you will see what I am talking about. I saw it in Gay's eyes in that run.. Ever been rushed by guard dog at the mall? that is how Gay looked, Moose in the headlights. :shock: 110% adrenalin. He should have been wise to behave even sedentary..He showed all his cards... hehehe.. not a smart move..

Leave a comment:

• scratchman
    replied
    [quote=RamGoat]
    Originally posted by terry_brooks35
    gay hasn't demonstrated the ability.you're kidding, right. he did run 9.77 didn't he? is that his max ? his second hundred of the season and he's peaked.if bolt hasn't run that fast this season ,what makes him so much more capable of fast times.(remember, this is 09, not 08 ) gay handled powell easily, or was I the only one watching that race?
    POWELL WAS HEALING FROM AN INJURED ANKLE!!

You saw how Tyson couldn't even run sub ten in Beijing? Same thing; not 100% fit (or injured)!

[quote="terry_brooks35":1nwo5rwz]what are you guys basing these predictions on ?[/quote]

Ability!

[quote=terry_brooks35]have you seen gay run this season ?[/quote]

Yes!

[quote=terry_brooks35] if you have seen him ,how can you be so sure that he CAN'T improve,or won't run faster at the worlds.or is improving times,rising to the occasion, and breaking records strictly a bolt and powell thing.from where I sit, gay's in the drivers seat right now.gay is dropping fast times and looking very relaxed doing it.to say that he's incapable of 9.6 is wishful thinking,at best.make no mistake about it,bolt was EYEBALLS OUT in his last hundred trying to better the 9.77 run by gay earlier.the weather wasn't great,but it didn't seem to hurt bailey or blake (both PRed) so instead of worshipping bolts effort,i'm wondering how fast gay would have run had he been in the race? based on what he's DEMONSTRATED thus far, i think it's safe to assume that he would have handled bailey and blake easily.where would that put him in relation to bolt?what kinda time could be expected? maybe you guys are right.maybe gay doesn't train to win,or run fast ,or improve.[/quote]

Watch this! Injured Powell, Eyeballs out Gay! Please be objective.. the video doesn't lie!! 8-)

EYEBALLS OUT FOR GAY!! That is the truth!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tOip48vxyA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tOip48vxyA[/url]

Will Gay improve? Yes... Right now he is 9.79 basic..But since he was eyeballs out not even shutting down.. I can foresee a 9.74 MAX.. which is POSSIBLY is a gold.. but what's with all the 9.68's when he needed a hurricane 4.1m/s wind to run it last year?[/quote:1nwo5rwz]
    Ram, you need to quit trippin, dude.
    Everybody KNOWS Gay was hurt and not fit to run in Beijing. So dont act like he "couldnt" have done sub 10. :roll: :roll: Christ's sake!!!!!!!!
    But then you wanna acknowledge Powell's "so-called" ankle injury.
    :roll: :roll:
    Whatever, dude.

Leave a comment:

• Haskell45
    replied
    That's 9.24s in the 200m? cause that time seems kind of sluggish for the 100. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by Haskell45

I say that finals will be really close, with only 1 man going bellow 9.70.
    Bolt will eat a double quarter pounder and talk on his phone on route to 9.24 while Gay and Powell battle for that 2nd spot in a disappointing 10.05.
    But thats ok because the headwind was -7.2mps.

This will then cause the "basic time" fanatics to have massively enormous orgasms.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X