• Show
Clear All
  • Marlow
    • Jan 2008
    • Back on my 3-month hiatus!

Originally posted by RamGoat
    CUT THIS CRAP!!
    POWELL is gunning for gold too.
    Ahem . . . they are ALL running for gold. Unfortunately only one guy is going to win.

The Las Vegas odds (jk) right now, in % form, are:

Bolt - 80%
    Gay - 19%
    Bailey - 0.50%
    Powell - 0.49%
    everyone else - 0.01%

Comment

• OBUTRACKSTER
      • Jun 2009
      • Shawnee, Oklahoma

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
      Daniel Bailey is making some noise, but he isn't in Powell's class. And I think with the focus on Bolt and Gay there won't be as much pressure on Powell to do well. With that in mind, here are my predictions for the 100m and 200m mens' final in Berlin:

100m

1st Bolt - 9.61
      2nd Gay - 9.68
      3rd Powell - 9.79
      4th Bailey - 9.88
      5th Thompson - 9.92
      6th Rodgers - 9.94
      7th Patton - 9.95
      8th Frater - 9.99

Like I said in previous forums, this is going to be a very fast 100m.

200m

1st Bolt - 19.25
      2nd Gay - 19.38
      3rd Spearman - 19.90
      4th Crawford - 19.92

Put it in stone........
      If Bolt and Gay go that fast I think the world would be goin crazy! The track world at least.. (I bet it would be #1 on sportscenter's top 10)
      http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

• sprintblox
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        200m

1st Bolt - 19.25
        2nd Gay - 19.38
        3rd Spearman - 19.90
        4th Crawford - 19.92
        That's a plausible scenario. A few years ago, who would have ever imagined that a guy could run sub-19.4 and lose!

Comment

• Haskell45
          • Apr 2009

Gay running 9.68??
          that is kind of a stretch. After watching Beijing finals, and listening to what Bolt had to say on that issue. I don't think he can do that.

I predict Powell can do a sub 9.7, though it may be after Berlin.

Comment

• williamwindhamjr
            • Feb 2009

Okay you dont think Gay can run 9.6?

Comment

• rudawal
              • Sep 2008

Gay is a nice guy, no question about it, and we'd all want to see him do well in Berlin. However, it's foolhardy to project a sub 9.7 for him in Berlin when he's never come close, even in a one-off, "eyeballs out" effort. It's just not going to happen. My predictions are more in line with proven ability.

Bolt 9.63
              Powell 9.73
              Gay 9.76

Bolt 19.28
              Gay 19.58

Do what you want with the other places, You'll just have to learn to live with what you see here.

Comment

• Gordon18
                • Aug 2008
                • England!!!!!

Originally posted by rudawal
                Gay is a nice guy, no question about it, and we'd all want to see him do well in Berlin. However, it's foolhardy to project a sub 9.7 for him in Berlin when he's never come close, even in a one-off, "eyeballs out" effort. It's just not going to happen. My predictions are more in line with proven ability.

Bolt 9.63
                Powell 9.73
                Gay 9.76

Bolt 19.28
                Gay 19.58

Do what you want with the other places, You'll just have to learn to live with what you see here.
                proven ability, but you give powell a silver and 9.73 when he hasn't gone under 9.90 in any major championship

Comment

• williamwindhamjr
                  • Feb 2009

Powell will not even medal.Gay will have to run the race of his life and Bolt will run a 9.5

Comment

• rudawal
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gordon18
                    Originally posted by rudawal

Bolt 9.63
                    Powell 9.73
                    Gay 9.76

Bolt 19.28
                    Gay 19.58

proven ability, but you give powell a silver and 9.73 when he hasn't gone under 9.90 in any major championship

The point is, he has the ability - which Gay hasn't demonstrated to this point.

Comment

• knite
                      • May 2009

I don't see sub 9.60, I mean I can't put my head around something that fast legally...this is no jab, but do yall realize how fast that is, and it's just yesterday Greene ran 9.79...

That's just disgusting!!!!

Comment

• frontrunner
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by J2thaD
                        Originally posted by 110hedgeNYC
                        Gay is a better turn runner than Bolt. If he can apply some pressure to Bolt coming off the turn, he's got a chance of holding on.
                        That statement isn't backed up by factual evidence. Everybody heard Michael Johnson make that uneducated statement and now everyone is saying it. The last time they raced in the 200 was what, the last World Championships? In that Race, Bolt was clearly ahead off of the curve before Gay ran him down. That wasn't the world record holder Bolt. That was the 2007 Bolt who beat Gay to the straight away while losing the over all race. What evidence do any of you have who keep saying this, that Gay is a better turn runner? I don't think there is any. You have to wait until they are on the same track again in the 200.
                        In the 2005 World Champs, Bolt also led Gay and everyone else including Gatlin off the turn before he, Bolt, pulled up injured and hobbled to the finish.

One love.

Comment

• terry_brooks35
                          • Sep 2008

gay hasn't demonstrated the ability.you're kidding, right. he did run 9.77 didn't he? is that his max ? his second hundred of the season and he's peaked.if bolt hasn't run that fast this season ,what makes him so much more capable of fast times.(remember, this is 09, not 08 ) gay handled powell easily, or was I the only one watching that race?what are you guys basing these predictions on ?have you seen gay run this season ? if you have seen him ,how can you be so sure that he CAN'T improve,or won't run faster at the worlds.or is improving times,rising to the occasion, and breaking records strictly a bolt and powell thing.from where I sit, gay's in the drivers seat right now.gay is dropping fast times and looking very relaxed doing it.to say that he's incapable of 9.6 is wishful thinking,at best.make no mistake about it,bolt was EYEBALLS OUT in his last hundred trying to better the 9.77 run by gay earlier.the weather wasn't great,but it didn't seem to hurt bailey or blake (both PRed) so instead of worshipping bolts effort,i'm wondering how fast gay would have run had he been in the race? based on what he's DEMONSTRATED thus far, i think it's safe to assume that he would have handled bailey and blake easily.where would that put him in relation to bolt?what kinda time could be expected? maybe you guys are right.maybe gay doesn't train to win,or run fast ,or improve.

Comment

• track_expert
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Originally posted by RamGoat
                            CUT THIS CRAP!!
                            POWELL is gunning for gold too.
                            Ahem . . . they are ALL running for gold. Unfortunately only one guy is going to win.

The Las Vegas odds (jk) right now, in % form, are:

Bolt - 80%
                            Gay - 19%
                            Bailey - 0.50%
                            Powell - 0.49%
                            everyone else - 0.01%
                            Assuming the odds for everyone else is 0.01% , if they re-ran the race enough times, would all 4 of bolt, gay, bailey, powell trip and stumble and another random guy comes and wins in. lol interesting.

Comment

• RamGoat
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by terry_brooks35
                              gay hasn't demonstrated the ability.you're kidding, right. he did run 9.77 didn't he? is that his max ? his second hundred of the season and he's peaked.if bolt hasn't run that fast this season ,what makes him so much more capable of fast times.(remember, this is 09, not 08 ) gay handled powell easily, or was I the only one watching that race?
                              POWELL WAS HEALING FROM AN INJURED ANKLE!!

You saw how Tyson couldn't even run sub ten in Beijing? Same thing; not 100% fit (or injured)!

what are you guys basing these predictions on ?
                              Ability!

have you seen gay run this season ?
                              Yes!

if you have seen him ,how can you be so sure that he CAN'T improve,or won't run faster at the worlds.or is improving times,rising to the occasion, and breaking records strictly a bolt and powell thing.from where I sit, gay's in the drivers seat right now.gay is dropping fast times and looking very relaxed doing it.to say that he's incapable of 9.6 is wishful thinking,at best.make no mistake about it,bolt was EYEBALLS OUT in his last hundred trying to better the 9.77 run by gay earlier.the weather wasn't great,but it didn't seem to hurt bailey or blake (both PRed) so instead of worshipping bolts effort,i'm wondering how fast gay would have run had he been in the race? based on what he's DEMONSTRATED thus far, i think it's safe to assume that he would have handled bailey and blake easily.where would that put him in relation to bolt?what kinda time could be expected? maybe you guys are right.maybe gay doesn't train to win,or run fast ,or improve.
                              Watch this! Injured Powell, Eyeballs out Gay! Please be objective.. the video doesn't lie!! 8-)

EYEBALLS OUT FOR GAY!! That is the truth!

Will Gay improve? Yes... Right now he is 9.79 basic..But since he was eyeballs out not even shutting down.. I can foresee a 9.74 MAX.. which is POSSIBLY is a gold.. but what's with all the 9.68's when he needed a hurricane 4.1m/s wind to run it last year?

Comment

• track_expert
                                • Jul 2009

gay hasn't demonstrated the ability.you're kidding, right. he did run 9.77 didn't he? is that his max ? his second hundred of the season and he's peaked.if bolt hasn't run that fast this season ,what makes him so much more capable of fast times.(remember, this is 09, not 08 ) gay handled powell easily, or was I the only one watching that race?what are you guys basing these predictions on ?have you seen gay run this season ? if you have seen him ,how can you be so sure that he CAN'T improve,or won't run faster at the worlds.or is improving times,rising to the occasion, and breaking records strictly a bolt and powell thing.from where I sit, gay's in the drivers seat right now.gay is dropping fast times and looking very relaxed doing it.to say that he's incapable of 9.6 is wishful thinking,at best.make no mistake about it,bolt was EYEBALLS OUT in his last hundred trying to better the 9.77 run by gay earlier.the weather wasn't great,but it didn't seem to hurt bailey or blake (both PRed) so instead of worshipping bolts effort,i'm wondering how fast gay would have run had he been in the race? based on what he's DEMONSTRATED thus far, i think it's safe to assume that he would have handled bailey and blake easily.where would that put him in relation to bolt?what kinda time could be expected? maybe you guys are right.maybe gay doesn't train to win,or run fast ,or improve.
                                His 3rd actually, and the 1st one he ran helped him big time, a very good neural imprint from running a 9.75. And what about 200s? Certainly helps his 100m race... 4th fast race of the season and relative to his abilities, he doesnt need as many races as Powell for example does to get going.

Sure Bolt was eye balls out, but SO WAS GAY, watch the front replay and you clearly see Gay's large eyes slowly popping out

BTW, Blake ran faster in Rome, the reaction time was faster in Paris thus gave him a faster time than before.

Comment

Working...
                                X