Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

????????? What are you trying to say?? Your words make no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
      bulld bolt up until he believes he needn't show up...

will the clown and his jesters make a mockery in berlin...

ah, yohan blake won't be there...at least, in the open 100

that leaves bailey
      That is what I figured Gay was doing. This feels like an elaborate game to mess with Bolt. It may or may not help, but were I Tyson, I would probably do the same thing.

Comment

Re: Tyson Gay says Bolt is a beast, a monster, a freak

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by Gordon18
        how tall is christie gatlin and powell, im guessing they're fairly tall
        Midgets all. 6'2, 6'1, 6'3 respectively.
        I also remember a fairly tall Mark Witherspoon beating Carl quite a bit in the 80's.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

LOL, Oh no Tyson Gay, please don't start changing your tune!! I guess Gay want to be let down easily. Lets see him run 9.5, he can tell his mind all he wants is body aint going nowhere. Maybe he hasn't notice, but Bolt's body make him know that it can go faster. 9.69 shut down with atleast 15-20 meters out, with hands down at his waist, etc. and looked like he hadn't break a sweat.

It seems to be the trend, that if Gay has a great start etc. Last time I check, Gay is erratic in his start also. I would expect Asafa to have a better start, than Bolt more than Tyson Gay in Berlin. The big question is will Asafa, hold his mind/nerve together throughout the entire race. Once he do that, we could see a smiling Asafa taking the victory lap with Bolt...earning a well deserve Silver to add to his Olympics Gold Medal.

Bolt is more likely to have a decent start or good start in Berlin than being left in the blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            The big question is will Asafa, hold his mind/nerve together throughout the entire race. Once he do that, we could see a smiling Asafa taking the victory lap with Bolt...earning a well deserve Silver to add to his Olympics Gold Medal.
            Hahaha....don't you wish and hope, been waiting for that huh? Well deserved silver, hadn't heard that one before. I thought Asafa deserved gold, you just might be shocked by who might end up with the silver
            on the road

Comment

BTW did I read that Gay mention who win the 100m will have the psychological advantage for the 200m? Is this his way of giving you'll a heads up on what to expect in the 200m in Berlin? Did he mentioned he would be very disappointed if he lose in Berlin, because he been working hard and being positive both physically and mentally?

All I can say, he better be at his best, because no one wants to hear any excuses after Bolt, crushed him. That 200m in 2007 was a nightmare for Bolt, and he's going to make sure Tyson Gay have the same in 2009!!

I recalled BOLT saying all along before Beijing that he hope Tyson Gay will be at his best at the Olympics, because when he wins he wants to beat the best that the world has to offer. Gay missed last year, he won't be so lucky this year!!

Comment

I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w). So logically, if Bolt is running low 9.6x, Tyson will not beat him.

He wouldnt run faster than a high 9.7 at beijing last year because history speaking... his '07 trials-worlds were the same. So by peaking and running what he did at trials, a high 9.7x was his absolute best he could do, and now he's going to improve a tenth and a half?

Comment

oh boy, I really like Asafa, and I root for him. BUT, its just painful imagining Asafa in a big key final next to Gay and Bolt.....

Comment

Originally posted by jumplove
                    oh boy, I really like Asafa, and I root for him. BUT, its just painful imagining Asafa in a big key final next to Gay and Bolt.....
                    To be honest, I have trouble imagining Asafa making the final. He really doesn't seem to have the chops for a big competition.

Bolt and Gay, no problem. They have proven they can work through the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                      I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w). So logically, if Bolt is running low 9.6x, Tyson will not beat him.

He wouldnt run faster than a high 9.7 at beijing last year because history speaking... his '07 trials-worlds were the same. So by peaking and running what he did at trials, a high 9.7x was his absolute best he could do, and now he's going to improve a tenth and a half?
                      When did Tyson hurt himself running that 9.68 hundred, please show the tape on that one?
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                        Originally posted by jumplove
                        To be honest, I have trouble imagining Asafa making the final. He really doesn't seem to have the chops for a big competition.

Bolt and Gay, no problem. They have proven they can work through the rounds.
                        Now thats getting a bit ridiculous... didnt he make the finals easily in 04? 07? last year? come on now...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

When did Tyson hurt himself running that 9.68 hundred, please show the tape on that one?
                          I think you should know what Im talking about... there's been endless discussion among many about the cause of Tysons hamstring injury and the 9.68w was the absolute obvious cause. Even Drummong acknowledged that.

Sure there was running the rounds at the speed he did, but based on how he performed, his abilities were shown and he wouldnt be running any faster than a 9.7x high. The 9.77 in the quarters has the very obvious and TRUE controversy, so if you minus that, and do a bit of wind calculations on a 4 meter tailwind... he wasnt really in 9.7x shape at all and more like the 9.82 "basic" we've seen in the past as well.

So if he really going to improve 2 tenths from last season till now? Certainly some of the improvement margin's been done.. but how far is it really going to go?

Comment

Well he actually injured himself in the FIRST round to be technical, when he ran low 6.4 in the first 60 meters and slowed down significantly, but he had to speed up the last 10 meters because he slowed down SO much. He ran 10.0x that round

The next round he ran 9.85 which was basically at his PR, then he ran 9.77 followed up by a 9.68.

It was NOT simply the 9.68 that injured him, it was a combination of running so FAST so often over the course of 2 or 3 days. No human has EVERY ran that fastest in that short of a time span. Check the record.

Comment

I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w).
                              No he didn't. He was sore after the 100m and injured himself in the 200m. Saying he injured himself by running such a time in the 100m is pure speculation.

Comment

Even Drummong acknowledged that.
                                This is a second request to please secure a source to demonstrate that your facts are verifiable.
                                Fire Impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X