Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marknhj
    Originally posted by track_expert
    I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w).
    No he didn't. He was sore after the 100m and injured himself in the 200m. Saying he injured himself by running such a time in the 100m is pure speculation.
    You are correct and again the 100 is before the 200 at Worlds and if you wanna say the past will repeat Tyson will be just fine for the century. Going fast? No problem.
    phsstt!

Comment

Re: Tyson Gay says Bolt is a beast, a monster, a freak

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by Gordon18
      how tall is christie gatlin and powell, im guessing they're fairly tall
      Midgets all. 6'2, 6'1, 6'3 respectively.
      I wonder if leg length is of more interest then height? Afterall, the legs are the levers here.

Comment

[quote=track_expert]
        Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Originally posted by "track_expert":2k4v0qn5
        I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w). So logically, if Bolt is running low 9.6x, Tyson will not beat him.

He wouldnt run faster than a high 9.7 at beijing last year because history speaking... his '07 trials-worlds were the same. So by peaking and running what he did at trials, a high 9.7x was his absolute best he could do, and now he's going to improve a tenth and a half?
        When did Tyson hurt himself running that 9.68 hundred, please show the tape on that one?
        I think you should know what Im talking about... there's been endless discussion among many about the cause of Tysons hamstring injury and the 9.68w was the absolute obvious cause. Even Drummong acknowledged that.

Sure there was running the rounds at the speed he did, but based on how he performed, his abilities were shown and he wouldnt be running any faster than a 9.7x high. The 9.77 in the quarters has the very obvious and TRUE controversy, so if you minus that, and do a bit of wind calculations on a 4 meter tailwind... he wasnt really in 9.7x shape at all and more like the 9.82 "basic" we've seen in the past as well.

So if he really going to improve 2 tenths from last season till now? Certainly some of the improvement margin's been done.. but how far is it really going to go?[/quote:2k4v0qn5]

You see track expert you did attempt to imply that 9.68 was the cause. All of this number of races, not fit enough to run a certain time, I don't buy into that . Also Drummond cannot say for certain, that was the cause of his injury.

Why is it on one hand, you hear discussion about what the limits are on what a person (human) can run the 100m, but yet folks can sit back and conjure up what they think Tyson is capable of . If that were true, he'll still be right around 10 flat where some people thought he''ll never lower.

P.S. this thread will get locked, there is a pattern going on :shock: ..Yeah!!!!
        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
          Originally posted by jumplove
          oh boy, I really like Asafa, and I root for him. BUT, its just painful imagining Asafa in a big key final next to Gay and Bolt.....
          To be honest, I have trouble imagining Asafa making the final. He really doesn't seem to have the chops for a big competition.

Bolt and Gay, no problem. They have proven they can work through the rounds.
          Asafa is ok until the FINAL. In the heats, quaterfinal and semi-final he's ok and it's only when he is in final he let his nerves get the better of him. This year...I am betting on him to hold it together. Silver this year will be quite an accomplishment, because it means he would've beaten Tyson Gay at his best in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by jumplove
            oh boy, I really like Asafa, and I root for him. BUT, its just painful imagining Asafa in a big key final next to Gay and Bolt.....
            To be honest, I have trouble imagining Asafa making the final. He really doesn't seem to have the chops for a big competition.

Bolt and Gay, no problem. They have proven they can work through the rounds.
            Asafa is ok until the FINAL. In the heats, quaterfinal and semi-final he's ok and it's only when he is in final he let his nerves get the better of him. This year...I am betting on him to hold it together. Silver this year will be quite an accomplishment, because it means he would've beaten Tyson Gay at his best in the process.
            Quite an accomplishment for silver, you're lower Asafa standards I see, why don't you ask him about that silver..LOL

You might be in for a big surprise, on who get's the silver.
            on the road

Comment

He got injured because he TRIED to run out of his darn mind. The guy basically somersaulted on the TRACK. He can try doing that again, AFTER BERLIN. We all would like to see him in one piece at World Championships, especially me. He can pushed his body until his eyes literally popped for all I care, because it's his body, but only after World Championships.

Comment

You keep saying I might be in for a surprise who will be getting the silver. But, I wouldn't be surprise if Asafa gets the silver. :lol:

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                  Originally posted by "track_expert":2tr3z6ug
                  I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w). So logically, if Bolt is running low 9.6x, Tyson will not beat him.

He wouldnt run faster than a high 9.7 at beijing last year because history speaking... his '07 trials-worlds were the same. So by peaking and running what he did at trials, a high 9.7x was his absolute best he could do, and now he's going to improve a tenth and a half?
                  Well he actually injured himself in the FIRST round to be technical, when he ran low 6.4 in the first 60 meters and slowed down significantly, but he had to speed up the last 10 meters because he slowed down SO much. He ran 10.0x that round

The next round he ran 9.85 which was basically at his PR, then he ran 9.77 followed up by a 9.68.

It was NOT simply the 9.68 that injured him, it was a combination of running so FAST so often over the course of 2 or 3 days. No human has EVERY ran that fastest in that short of a time span. Check the record.[/quote:2tr3z6ug]

I did say it was running the rounds as well as a MASSIVELY wind aided run, it was BOTH.
                  Powell did the sprint-ease up-sprint in 04 and no injuries there... it wasnt the sole cause at all, just started it off.

And for the record... he ran the 10.xx then 9.77 and then 9.85, not other way around.

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst]
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Originally posted by "track_expert":fhodhvew

When did Tyson hurt himself running that 9.68 hundred, please show the tape on that one?
                    I think you should know what Im talking about... there's been endless discussion among many about the cause of Tysons hamstring injury and the 9.68w was the absolute obvious cause. Even Drummong acknowledged that.

Sure there was running the rounds at the speed he did, but based on how he performed, his abilities were shown and he wouldnt be running any faster than a 9.7x high. The 9.77 in the quarters has the very obvious and TRUE controversy, so if you minus that, and do a bit of wind calculations on a 4 meter tailwind... he wasnt really in 9.7x shape at all and more like the 9.82 "basic" we've seen in the past as well.

So if he really going to improve 2 tenths from last season till now? Certainly some of the improvement margin's been done.. but how far is it really going to go?
                    You see track expert you did attempt to imply that 9.68 was the cause. All of this number of races, not fit enough to run a certain time, I don't buy into that . Also Drummond cannot say for certain, that was the cause of his injury.

Why is it on one hand, you hear discussion about what the limits are on what a person (human) can run the 100m, but yet folks can sit back and conjure up what they think Tyson is capable of . If that were true, he'll still be right around 10 flat where some people thought he''ll never lower.

P.S. this thread will get locked, there is a pattern going on :shock: ..Yeah!!!![/quote:fhodhvew]

Gay wasnt running fast within his own limits, he was exceeding his own limits because of the wind. To say a performance with 0.5 wind vs. one with 4mps wind are the same is incredibly idiotic.

In conclusion there were two causes of the injury and only two main causes.

1) a FEF run + 3 wind aided runs
                    2) Last wind aided run was beyond his ability.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                      I'll make this simple... a year ago Tyson injured himself running "too fast" (9.68w).
                      No he didn't. He was sore after the 100m and injured himself in the 200m. Saying he injured himself by running such a time in the 100m is pure speculation.
                      Injuries usually happen when something didnt go the way it normally does, not because they hit the odd man.

Comment

Headline: Bolt and Gay injured - Powell 2009 World champion

Comment

Injuries usually happen when something didnt go the way it normally does, not because they hit the odd man.
                          Translation please, I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Headline: Bolt and Gay injured
                            in that case the winner will be Asafa Bailey, assuming Donavon Powell is not competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                              You keep saying I might be in for a surprise who will be getting the silver. But, I wouldn't be surprise if Asafa gets the silver. :lol:
                              I would be surprised if Asafa get's the silver. Of course you won't be surprised about the silver for Asafa, you have stated that. That would be really silly on your part to be surprised by something YOU predicted ...LOL

I hope you don't hold your breath on that silver, again you just might be surprised about that silver.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                                Headline: Bolt and Gay injured
                                in that case the winner will be Asafa Bailey, assuming Donavon Powell is not competing.
                                NEWS FLASH: Donovan Bailey coming out of retirement

Comment

Working...
                                X