X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakota
    Originally posted by Jerome Marrow
    The Atheist should change his name to The Idiot since he appears to have no involvement at any level beyond the keyboard in track and field and confuses reaction times as some arbitrary numbers that are not affected by the actual running of the race (how do you think they get the reaction times anyway?) and that the wind readings are somehow perfect. SWEEEEET.
    The sooner you start moving the sooner you finish the race. By the way, you numbskull, your sentence above doesn't actually say what you think it says because you're illiterate. Take the time to learn something before you start proselytising you inbred muppet. And wash your filthy mouth out. You're spreading germs.
    agreed, this guy should take a hike.

Comment

Nope I ain't one, but I have ceased to be amazed by what I had expected to happen circa 2005-2006
      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
        Nope I ain't one, but I have ceased to be amazed by what I had expected to happen circa 2005-2006
        Naw, I convinced you''re one, I'm sure you would agree, nothing to be ashamed of, it is?
        on the road

Comment

What you are convinced of is of no concern to me son.

Comment

What you are convinced of is of no concern to me son.
            Why would you be concerned about what I'm convinced of? I said I'm convinced, not I'm trying to convince you.
            on the road

Comment

ok you win I'm done
              can't believe I got sucked in to your crap
              sorry, won't happen again

Comment

ok you win I'm done
                can't believe I got sucked in to your crap
                sorry, won't happen again
                If you look back my friend, you came at me throwing darts, not the other way around. Now because you got a post of my twisted and I cleared that up, you're offended, looks very immature on your part. By the way, what crap are you referring to, the title of the thread?
                on the road

Comment

I think one of the things to consider as well, is that Because of Bolts Height, wind will have a GREATER affect on his performance (both negative and positive) than on most other sprinters.

Comment

Do i think Bolt can do a 9.4...yes maybe at 2012 olympics if they got a real quick track and that lovely british weather is blowing a nice +1 wind. Now if Bolt is on his way to running a 9.4 no one will be close and he may celebrate or may run through, either way i think he can do it.

He will need an injury free season and complete focus like he was in 2008 and then just general improvements that come with age. Plus he has his age as an advantage, if he's running 10-100m's a year for say 8 years he's going to get a +1.5 quite a few times, how many did asafa get between 2005 n 2007. He's eventually going to get almost perfect conditions. I can't see much quicker than high 9.5's this year.

His 200 in 2011 is going to be crazy. He'll have his year of doing the 400 in 2010 so his strength and stamina will be immense. He will then go back to doing 100 n 200 in 2011 with hopefully his strength carried over from 2010 since commonwealths are oct or nov and I reckon he will have sub 19 secs potential that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
                      Do i think Bolt can do a 9.4...yes maybe at 2012 olympics if they got a real quick track and that lovely british weather is blowing a nice +1 wind. Now if Bolt is on his way to running a 9.4 no one will be close and he may celebrate or may run through, either way i think he can do it.

He will need an injury free season and complete focus like he was in 2008 and then just general improvements that come with age. Plus he has his age as an advantage, if he's running 10-100m's a year for say 8 years he's going to get a +1.5 quite a few times, how many did asafa get between 2005 n 2007. He's eventually going to get almost perfect conditions. I can't see much quicker than high 9.5's this year.

His 200 in 2011 is going to be crazy. He'll have his year of doing the 400 in 2010 so his strength and stamina will be immense. He will then go back to doing 100 n 200 in 2011 with hopefully his strength carried over from 2010 since commonwealths are oct or nov and I reckon he will have sub 19 secs potential that season.
                      Why do you think he'll have to wait until 2011 to go sub 19 and more importantly, why do you think the 400m will help?

I know a lot of people like to say the 400 is going to build stamina and endurance and for some, it may, however Bolt isn't exactly losing a lot of time in his final 50 of the 200m. To make bigger improvements he's going to have to bring even more speed than he already has to the table, or at least, use more of it in the 200m. He is running pretty good splits for each 50m as it is and to get much bigger improvement (with good conditions he might go 19.0high-19.1 this year, though freak incidents can occur) he's just going to have to get faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Wow...another Bolt thread.....what next, Bolt is capable of dribbling a basketball, while ice skating and doing flips :roll:
                        have you seen the bolt dunk lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Marrow

Why do you think he'll have to wait until 2011 to go sub 19 and more importantly, why do you think the 400m will help?

I know a lot of people like to say the 400 is going to build stamina and endurance and for some, it may, however Bolt isn't exactly losing a lot of time in his final 50 of the 200m. To make bigger improvements he's going to have to bring even more speed than he already has to the table, or at least, use more of it in the 200m. He is running pretty good splits for each 50m as it is and to get much bigger improvement (with good conditions he might go 19.0high-19.1 this year, though freak incidents can occur) he's just going to have to get faster.
                          I just think a 43 second 400m speed won't be a bad thing, especially if he gets back his pure 100m speed down to 9.5. Lets say hes now in low to kid 44secs speed at the same time as 9.5 secs speed, thats dangerous. He also looked like he way tying up at the end of Beijing 200m, maybe being a headwind had something to do with that. Lets say Bolt starts tying up about 19.00 secs that means with the headwind he's got 0.3secs tying up, if the wind had been positive he may of only been tying up for 0.1-0.2 of the race meaning a race looking stronger over all. I agree that pure speed is the most important part in a 200.

stamina does help though, just ask

MJ
                          Tommy Smith
                          X-man
                          John Regis

Comment

Working...
                          X